You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Would you take Lukaku from Chelsea? Like Daniel Sturridge,it's unlikely he's going to get games even if Maureen becomes manager. He's more likely to bring a centre-back on and put him up-front, like what he used to do with Robert Hoof.

We'll have to wait another year before Lukaku finally realises that Chelsea will always have their latest 35 million pound purchase in front of him and decides (a la Sturridge) to look for another club.

But I don't know why I'm responding to you, because you're a blert and it's really just a waste of everyone's time. You blert.

Would you take Lukaku from Chelsea? Like Daniel Sturridge,it's unlikely he's going to get games even if Maureen becomes manager. He's more likely to bring a centre-back on and put him up-front, like what he used to do with Robert Hoof.

Okay, i'm starting to think you're a bit crazy. Aren't you going to respond to the replies to your last post?

I got a car on finance to be paid over four years, but what I did then... you're gonna like this, it's genius... I sold the car to a bloke down the street. That means I don't have to pay the car finance company any more!

Awesome!

That's how it works right?

Yep. You don't own the car so you don't have to pay. I did the same with my house. The bank was a little peeved but I explained I didn't own the house any more so why would I pay for it.

Quids in.

Maybe I'm wrong and we didn't pay all the Carroll fee upfront but to think we'll only be £1m out of pockets is verging on mental.

Irony think I'm wrong but even when I am wrong, I'm right.

Yeah, we paid it up front and chesea paid the 50mil in one some.

Either way, we have been fucked over on another transfer.

Think what he's talking about with the Amortisation stuff is that on paper and the balance sheet we will be making a smaller loss, our actual loss obviously is 20 million + whatever we've paid him in wages so far. Also Geroge Caulkin whose pretty clued up on all things North West stated at the time that Newcastle received 30 million up front. Think I remember reading somewhere else that we also received the majority of the Torres fee upfront as well if not all of it.

Majestic's post was, well, majestic. Well done and welcome.

Now put that out of your heads for a while. In football accounting terms our loss on Carroll will be negligible which is v important for FFP.

Carroll cost 35m on a 5.5 yr deal. His value is depreciated by the length of his contract so 35/5.5 = depreciation of 6.36m per year. He's 2.5 yrs into his contract so 2.5 x 6.36 = total depreciation of 15.9m.

If we sell for 15 + the 2m we got for the loan we'll make a reported loss of about 2m. I know it's not like real life and I'm not justifying anything but that is how it's done in football land.

Now put that out of your heads for a while. In football accounting terms our loss on Carroll will be negligible which is v important for FFP.

Carroll cost 35m on a 5.5 yr deal. His value is depreciated by the length of his contract so 35/5.5 = depreciation of 6.36m per year. He's 2.5 yrs into his contract so 2.5 x 6.36 = total depreciation of 15.9m.

If we sell for 15 + the 2m we got for the loan we'll make a reported loss of about 2m. I know it's not like real life and I'm not justifying anything but that is how it's done in football land.

Yeah, i read the swiss ramble report on the finances within the prem league a few weeks ago and the way transfers look on the balance sheet is exactly this.

In any other business you would mostly like say we have lost around 20mill on carroll, but the balance sheets next year will say we have lost 2mill on him.

Modern football eh.

Guest San Don

Yep, the fee will be amortised. Im not sure how the actual figures will pan out but the loss will be 'evened' out so to speak.

Plus, we have £15m plus the loan fee of about £1m or £2m so, some for our transfer kitty.

Where the fuck did that Toure signing come from? Didn't see that coming. What choice is he going to be though? 3rd or 4th and that is fine, either Llori or Zouma may be the younger ones - not sure Papadopalous is the other one.

Basically it looks (taking rumours as gospel) Reinna for Tello, Caroll for £15.5m, which should get DM and Ince (or Capel), Downing, Spearing, and Assidi pay for Begovic - so where would the £20m be spent?

Coates would fetch £5-7m which would pay for Llori, meaning we could buy a left back like Digne and Papadoalous, but that would mean 3 centre backs - can Zouma play DM? That explains that connection.

Fucking hell i'm confused!

Where the fuck did that Toure signing come from? Didn't see that coming. What choice is he going to be though? 3rd or 4th and that is fine, either Llori or Zouma may be the younger ones - not sure Papadopalous is the other one.

Basically it looks (taking rumours as gospel) Reinna for Tello, Caroll for £15.5m, which should get DM and Ince (or Capel), Downing, Spearing, and Assidi pay for Begovic - so where would the £20m be spent?

Coates would fetch £5-7m which would pay for Llori, meaning we could buy a left back like Digne and Papadoalous, but that would mean 3 centre backs - can Zouma play DM? That explains that connection.

No overhaul then. We're just changing 234234234 of our players in all lines and positions AGAIN.

Stability, future, progress. ffs

It's Ilori, not Llori.

Just mentioning that because I've seen it misspelt a few times now.

It's Ilori, not Llori.

Just mentioning that because I've seen it misspelt a few times now.

Is it?

Thanks, I genuinely thought it was Llori. According to the Guardian we have bid £12m for Papadopolous!

My brain hurts.

If we could swap Carroll for Lukaku, that would be a very sweet deal.