You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Would people take an Özil/Suarez swap plus £15M our way? Then go out and get Damiao?

No.

That's like saying would you like me to take your car off you and you get a punch in the face in return?

Suarez is better than Bale. He goes, then its for more money that that's just been done for.

No.

That's like saying would you like me to take your car off you and you get a punch in the face in return?

Suarez is better than Bale. He goes, then its for more money that that's just been done for.

So if someone offered you £70m for him, you'd not take it?

No.

You've got a point. Market value isn't higher than what the buying clubs are prepared to pay though. Which for Suarez is £50M-£55M? Which is why we shouldn't and won't sell..

...for at least a few months..

That would be my problem with it too.

They have stood strong so far if they turn around and sell him now after bringing in these new lads' date=' then I would be worried and very, very fucking angry.[/quote']

First thing, we wouldnt be able to attract a top level attacking signing just like all summer and secondly we would have to overpay so the premium we would get the sale of Suarez would be taken up anyway.

So if someone offered you £70m for him, you'd not take it?

No. I said it would be for more than Bale, but what would be the point in selling him anyway. We've failed to sign 3 players for big money this summer so trading our best player just gives us more cash to not sign the next crop with.

This season is huge. Its started perfectly, but for us to get back it requires us to finish in the top 4 so we become attractive to the top players again. Should we get back into the CL next season, Suarez might stay and we might be able to recruit players of the same ilk. We lose him now, we kiss goodbye to recapturing the glory. 70m in the scheme of things is irrelevant, we need a 60m player more than we need 60m cash.

We've just let Fabio Borini go out on loan and Daniel Sturridge is a little injury prone.

Do people seriously think we'd be willing to let Suarez go now?

Not a chance. I imagine it was a hypothetical question. If we do then we are mugs.

No doubt he will sulk for a few weeks but as its international week and then he is still banned for a few matches it shouldnt be a problem.

The Borini deal is very strange if true. Rodgers only said on Monday he wouldn't be loaned out and that we needed the numbers.

Moses isn't a replacement and if nobody else comes in that leaves us pretty thin on actual strikers.

Not convinced he'd get that much more playing time at Sunderland than here either.

Ozil has scored 40 odd goals in his entire career. Pretty good for a forward that.

How the fuck is he now considered a 45m player? He's good like, but this football game has gone fucking mental.

In a World where Andy Carroll was a £35million player €45-50m looks a good deal.

With Fabio Borini going out on loan as well. Not a chance I'd sell Suarez now.

Can't see the club wanting to do much business tomorrow either with Shankly's birthday celebrations going on.

I know I'm going to sound a cunt.... But... You think borini has any influence or is apart of any decision about Suarez? It's like saying we better not sack the prime minister because the toilet cleaner has just moved to the House of Lords on loan.

In a World where Andy Carroll was a £35million player €45-50m looks a good deal.

Fair point. But that transfer, as we all know very well, was completely skewed by Torres dumping us in the shit at the last minute.

Arsenal have had 2 months to get business done.