You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's pace, power and a good strike. Worthy of being the most expensive player in the game? No way. He's nowhere near the best player in the world.

Let's see how he does in a team of other players who are good and want the ball. A team that isn't set up around just his drive a shot.

Bale is phenomenal, if he steers clear of injury, he'll be just as good as he was last season.

One thing Real have to do is not play with a striker, someone like Bale out wide shouldnt be tailoring his game to service other players.

Like the second best player in the world you mean.

Complete insanity. Spurs must have the same feeling now Newcastle had when we decided Carroll was worth £35M.

What?

Spurs lost today because they don't have a player like Bale. That's why Madrid wanted Bale for £85m and not a collection of lesser players like Spurs have bought.

What you pay for a player isn't important as long as you can afford it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It was not very long ago that Gareth Bale was a very sub-par left back and Spurs were on that big long run of no wins with him in the team. He almost was binned off for a nominal fee' date=' now he's moving to Real Madrid for £85M. Insane.[/quote']

Yep.

It was not very long ago that Gareth Bale was a very sub-par left back and Spurs were on that big long run of no wins with him in the team. He almost was binned off for a nominal fee, now he's moving to Real Madrid for £85M. Insane.

Redknapp was going to loan him to Nottingham Forest until Assou Ekotto got injured. Madness.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tancredi Palmeri ?@tancredipalmeri 32s

BOOM! Real Madrid is negotiating a last minute deal with Luis Suarez!

This guy really is a mong. He's 'broken' about sixty different transfer exclusives in the last two days.

Cunt. Fucking with people like that is bang out.

Maybe, but players improve with age. The build of the lad, and his pace - along with his amazing knack of smashing 30 yard efforts from all over the pitch - meant he was always going to move for a big price. And that is a big price.

My only real view is Spurs are massively weakened by his departure. As proved by their showing on the pitch so far without him. Hopefully it continues for a few months.

It was not very long ago that Gareth Bale was a very sub-par left back and Spurs were on that big long run of no wins with him in the team. He almost was binned off for a nominal fee' date=' now he's moving to Real Madrid for £85M. Insane.[/quote']

Good luck to spurs. One of the best sales in football ever. Just a lad who can run fast and some times kick it well as he does it. He's had two brilliant half seasons and mostly been a bit shit otherwise. But he was the difference for spurs last year (the difference in them being mid table or uefa), I think it's interesting to see if he can become a real footballer at Madrid and how well spuds will do with the mad cash they've got and spent.

Glad it wasn't a decision we had to make with Suarez.

It was not very long ago that Gareth Bale was a very sub-par left back and Spurs were on that big long run of no wins with him in the team. He almost was binned off for a nominal fee, now he's moving to Real Madrid for £85M. Insane.

Never write anybody off. Some fortunate coincidences went in his favour for him to be where he is now..

Suarez isn't going anywhere now. Spurs aren't going to be the same team without Bale either. They have bought well, but they've lost a world class player who can produce a piece of magic that wins you 3 points. Lamela will take time to produce I reckon and they seem to have too many players that play in similar positions.

Asked if there would be more signings than the three at Anfield today (Sakho, Ilori and Moses), Rodgers said he wouldn't have thought so.

Where is this from? I think we should be looking at another striker if Borini is off, but at the same time I reckon Moses is gonna do better than I imagined. I've gone back and watched some videos of him last season and he's a talent.

Suarez isn't going anywhere now. Spurs aren't going to be the same team without Bale either. They have bought well, but they've lost a world class player who can produce a piece of magic that wins you 3 points. Lamela will take time to produce I reckon and they seem to have too many players that play in similar positions.

Where is this from? I think we should be looking at another striker if Borini is off, but at the same time I reckon Moses is gonna do better than I imagined. I've gone back and watched some videos of him last season and he's a talent.

I just watched his post match presser on the offal. He was asked if 'that was it or if there'd be more?' [than the ones expected], he said 'I wouldn't think so'.

AS: Our colleague @AS_Maroto informs us that Özil will also be departing. Madrid reported to be ready to make a last-gasp bid for Luis Suárez.

Sky will be licking their lips. 24hrs+ of reporting this over and over.

They can gasp on our cock.

I don't know what that means, but I say it with a passion.