You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Moses on loan will be a good business, Rodgers seem pretty adept at getting the most from players and Moses will add much needed physical prowess to our attack.

What I'm not too impressed by is Aspas, seems very average and struggling in the prem, he is so far from what I seen no better than Borini, yet we went and spent 7mil on Iago and letting Borini an 11mil player out on load. Of course Aspas may well turn out to be good, but he seems to be struggling, maybe next season he might come good, in the meantime would rather see sterling or moses in the team.

Moses on loan will be a good business, Rodgers seem pretty adept at getting the most from players and Moses will add much needed physical prowess to our attack.

What I'm not too impressed by is Aspas, seems very average and struggling in the prem, he is so far from what I seen no better than Borini, yet we went and spent 7mil on Iago and letting Borini an 11mil player out on load. Of course Aspas may well turn out to be good, but he seems to be struggling, maybe next season he might come good, in the meantime would rather see sterling or moses in the team.

Bit harsh on Aspas hes only started in this league, today was the first time I thought he looked lightweight understandable against the league champions coutinho didnt exactly set the game on fire today but we know hes class. Thought Aspas has been good so far apart from today.

Players need time and games to develop.

I'd imagine if true that PSG are also in for Ozil that Arsenal have no chances as they'll be blown away wage wise, whilst he is a class player and I'd rather he didn't go there they still wouldn't be addressing their problem areas

as for us well it looks likely that it'll be Ilori, Sakho, Moses and maybe Given, the mooted high profile goalscoring left winger seems unlikely but lets hope we get surprised, if Borini is going on loan I certainly want some form of additional forward to replace him

1) It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Madrid tried to sign Suarez on the last day.

2) It wouldn't surprise me if their bid was a measly 30-35million

3) It wouldn't surprise me if we told them to fuck off.

Where are all these Suarez stories coming from?

I can't see Madrid making a late bid, It has taken them months to get the Bale deal done, so surely they would have bid ages ago if they wanted Suarez?

The Suarez transfer talk has almost completely stopped in the past week or so, the supposedly imminent transfer request never happened either.

Also from a Madrid point of view, all the talk tomorrow will be of Bale, surely they won't want a late Suarez bid to take the limelight away from that?

I'd imagine if true that PSG are also in for Ozil that Arsenal have no chances as they'll be blown away wage wise, whilst he is a class player and I'd rather he didn't go there they still wouldn't be addressing their problem areas

as for us well it looks likely that it'll be Ilori, Sakho, Moses and maybe Given, the mooted high profile goalscoring left winger seems unlikely but lets hope we get surprised, if Borini is going on loan I certainly want some form of additional forward to replace him

How do you go about doing that?

He has been totally anonymous the whole time he's been with us anyway.

Give him time. Remember we're still only three games in. He looked excellent in pre-season, so I'd expect him to come good.

Moses on loan will be a good business' date=' Rodgers seem pretty adept at getting the most from players and Moses will add much needed physical prowess to our attack.

What I'm not too impressed by is Aspas, seems very average and struggling in the prem, he is so far from what I seen no better than Borini, yet we went and spent 7mil on Iago and letting Borini an 11mil player out on load. Of course Aspas may well turn out to be good, but he seems to be struggling, maybe next season he might come good, in the meantime would rather see sterling or moses in the team.[/quote']

Giroud was pretty shit at the start of last season too but he has came good this season.

Guess the transition period from other leagues to the premier league really does matter.

It's only been 3 games but winning definitely puts things in perspective. All summer the onus has been to get a marquee signing but Tottenham have shown that just signing big names and paying loads of money can't guarantee wins. The guys they brought in are really talented but it screams desperation since they were losing Bale. I think the first few games that it will take for them to gel are going to cost them points and it's entirely possible Liverpool will finish ahead of them because of it.

Like it or not, it's pretty clear to me that Rogers and FSG have a plan in place and won't just sign someone to appease us fans. We can finish top 4 but we are also still a work in progress and the start to the seasons just shows the importance of bringing in guys that fit the system. I'm stoked with the signings we brought in, especially the 3 recent ones. We're building something and even if we can't land the big name this window, if we keep playing like we are, we'll get him in January or next summer.

No.

That's like saying would you like me to take your car off you and you get a punch in the face in return?

Suarez is better than Bale. He goes, then its for more money that that's just been done for.

Speaking of Suarez, I was wondering today when I saw in the crowd with his wife, what he might be thinking seeing how much improved we're right now. He could be having second thoughts, who knows.