You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Fair point. But that transfer, as we all know very well, was completely skewed by Torres dumping us in the shit at the last minute.

Arsenal have had 2 months to get business done.

I'd say the Ozil deal is also skewed due to being last minute as well. Madrid were obviously waiting for Bale to complete his move before they sold Ozil hence Spuds holding the Bale deal up.

I know I'm going to sound a cunt.... But... You think borini has any influence or is apart of any decision about Suarez? It's like saying we better not sack the prime minister because the toilet cleaner has just moved to the House of Lords on loan.

now that made me laugh

It does worry me that if Real sell Ozil to Arsenal for 40m, they'll test our resolve with 50m for Suarez

Nothing to be worried about. Unless they bid £100M+ there's no decision to be made.

In fact, I don't think he'll be sold at any price this late in the window. Had Real made an offer in the Bale region one month ago, Luis would be theirs by now.

Anyone else find it odd that Rooney was injured today and didn't travel with the other Utd players? Or am I being cynical?

...apparently a serious gash on his head in training, will miss a couple of weeks so it sounds legit. (well maybe not the training part, probably got whacked by Colleen).

No. I said it would be for more than Bale, but what would be the point in selling him anyway. We've failed to sign 3 players for big money this summer so trading our best player just gives us more cash to not sign the next crop with.

This season is huge. Its started perfectly, but for us to get back it requires us to finish in the top 4 so we become attractive to the top players again. Should we get back into the CL next season, Suarez might stay and we might be able to recruit players of the same ilk. We lose him now, we kiss goodbye to recapturing the glory. 70m in the scheme of things is irrelevant, we need a 60m player more than we need 60m cash.

That's a post and a half.

Too much fucking perspective.

Ozil is a brilliant player. Undoubtedly world class. However, Arsenal need a Viera or a Keane type player, not an Ozil. Spurs have bought a lot of very good players, but they're going to take some time to settle in and if they don't make the Champions League, then they're fucked. Bale will be badly missed by them.

I reckon our more "humble" and less heralded signings might just turn out to be the best of the lot. Mignolet has been the best keeper in the league, Toure has great experience and more importantly experience of winning. Sakho looks like he could be a beast for us and ilori is supposed to be a great talent. Moses might not be good enough for Chelsea right now, but he could be a very shrewd signing. I feel we are building a proper team, while Arsenal aren't really getting what they need and Spurs could end up with too many egos kicking off with each other.

Ozil is a brilliant player. Undoubtedly world class. However, Arsenal need a Viera or a Keane type player, not an Ozil. Spurs have bought a lot of very good players, but they're going to take some time to settle in and if they don't make the Champions League, then they're fucked. Bale will be badly missed by them.

I reckon our more "humble" and less heralded signings might just turn out to be the best of the lot. Mignolet has been the best keeper in the league, Toure has great experience and more importantly experience of winning. Sakho looks like he could be a beast for us and ilori is supposed to be a great talent. Moses might not be good enough for Chelsea right now, but he could be a very shrewd signing. I feel we are building a proper team, while Arsenal aren't really getting what they need and Spurs could end up with too many egos kicking off with each other.

Sturridge wasn't good enough for them either

Sturridge wasn't good enough for them either

And it is exactly why they are not allowing us the buy option this time around as they are scared stiff that it could turn out to be Sturridge Mk II for them.

That's it in one. Moses is a very good premiership player, just like sturridge was when he was there. We can give Moses the stage to become even better.

All true and if he helps us get in the top 4 all is well, even though we'd be developing a player for them as there is no buy option this time around.

Strange signing for arsenal. I think he's quality. But they've got a lot of central midfielders who are geniuses on the ball but not so great without it. Cazorla can play no10. Ramsey's started well there. It's possibly Wilshere's best position. None of them are in Ozil's class, but they're all good players. In defensive midfield, they've got nobody even approaching di Rossi's (for example) class, but they won't spend in that position.

Sometimes I think arsenal just spend money to show that they can. London clubs are all shit.

To be fair, Sturridge had already shown at Bolton what he could do with a run in the team. Moses is still raw talent and this was the case at Wigan.

Thats where the difference lies. It's a gamble for us. Not monetary wise but playing timewise. We will have to give him playing time and hope he performs

There wont be any excuses that he is young and needs time because he is only loan signing and we arent babysitting him for Chelsea without benefitting ourselves.