You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

If we cant cope with playing in the Europa League under Rodgers why is our supposed target the CL?

Its all about the collective, this competition has been good for these wee young lads, and there is no shame going out to *insert team* they are further on in their development as a group.

The owners know this season is about more than winning trophies or were you finish its about the harmony of the group and ............ zzzzzzzzz

I've only just read this

The board, myself and the players have all become one. We have built the club to have success in the future. This is a truly remarkable club that many managers would want to manage at, including Rafa Benítez."

Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers not worried by Rafael BenÃ*tez comments | Football | guardian.co.uk

He "has built the cub to have success for the future"? what is he talking about? Is he just throwing words to make random sentences with catchy keywords but without real meaning?

That's certainly laughing stock material.

I've only just read this

He "has built the cub to have success for the future"? what is he talking about? Is he just throwing words to make random sentences with catchy keywords but without real meaning?

That's certainly laughing stock material.

Soundbites without substance. Media Friendly. No history to speak of. The exalted position as Liverpool manager.

The main thing, in his position at the moment is ‘a bit of Blarney’ and the hope he gets lucky. The likes of 'Major Tom' lap it up but we'll see how it goes.

Soundbites without substance. Media Friendly. No history to speak of. The exalted position as Liverpool manager.

The main thing, in his position at the moment is ‘a bit of Blarney’ and the hope he gets lucky. The likes of 'Major Tom' lap it up but we'll see how it goes.

Nah, I don't lap anything up, ta, 'gmac'. I am merely not prepared to write him off - as you obviously are - just yet.

Six months is too small a timeframe to makes a serious judgment for me, and Liverpool managers deserve longer. But maybe I'm just old school.

If we look at last season, we can see that the squad wasn't willing to give it's best, for the greatest player that ever pulled on a Liverpool jersey.

What chance Brendan Rodgers, to succeed, where Kenny failed?

Personally, I'm more than willing to give BR another season, but, I'm not holding my breath that we're 'on the right track' and for me, it will very much depend on the ins and outs of transfers during the off season.

I think the players have Rodgers wrapped around their collective finger, and play how they feel, which is why we see so little consistancy from them; but could any other manager / coach or combination there of, get any better results from these overpaid under performing players??

FSG will give him until the end of 2014, assuming a reasonably competitive first half to the season.

can you please elucidate???

Yes, Everton did qualify for the following seasons Champions League competition by finishing 4th the season before. However, strictly speaking they never got to the “League” part of the “Champions League” as they were knocked out in the qualifiers, so people use that in the literal sense to take the piss out of Everton fans to say they’ve never played in the Champions League. It’s funny to use it take the piss out of Everton fans. I’ve done it myself. But to actually use it as an argument is, I think, a bit much. Everton qualified for the CL in 2004-05 season by finishing 4th in the league. The following season they played in the competition called “The Champions League” but only managed one round in the qualifiers.

'Football forum people being overly literal bording on pedantic shock'

If we cant cope with playing in the Europa League under Rodgers why is our supposed target the CL?

Indeed. It was a stupid thing for him to say.

Had we somehow finished 4th this season there would be no mention of the extra games we'd have to play next season.

People also seem to be forgetting that our UEFA coefficient is disappearing with each passing year. If we did get back into the Champions League we could be in danger of dropping in to pot 3 which would mean we'd end up getting groups like Man City have in the last couple of years.

Plus, Rodgers needs European games for his own experience.

I'm hoping his quotes have somehow been taken out of context because they're so infuriating.

With squads like ours it's one or the other, there is more of a chance of 4th if you ditch the cups.

You're either good enough, or you are not.

This season our relatively early domestic cup exits do not seem to have helped us away to Southampton, or home to West Ham.

Winning teams win.

It seems that Brendan is managing our expectations down:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says not qualifying for Europe will help Premier League chances next season

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool would be in a stronger position to challenge the Premier League's top four next season if they fail to qualify for Europe this term.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says not qualifying for Europe will help Premier League chances next season - Telegraph

Rodgers on goals on sunday could be entertaining, be great if he brought Steve Peters or Pascoe with him for greater insight...

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will be on the Goals on Sunday sofa this weekend, alongside former England boss Steve McClaren.

The high-profile duo will join Ben Shephard and Chris Kamara for 90 minutes of football chat, plus a look at the highlights from Saturday's big games.

Goals on Sunday

April 14, 2013 10:00am

Sky Sports 1 HD

Reds chief Rodgers will reflect on his first season in charge at Anfield after moving from Swansea last summer.

He has guided the club to seventh in the Premier League table and will tell Ben and Kammy about the form of players such as Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard. He'll also look back at Saturday's clash with his former club Reading.

Meanwhile, McClaren will discuss the next step in his career after his second spell with FC Twente ended in February.

The former England and Middlesbrough boss has been concentrating on media work since leaving the Dutch outfit and will tell us about his future plans.

Brendan and Steve will also give their verdict on Saturday's key Premier League games including Aston Villa v Fulham, Everton v QPR, Arsenal v Norwich and Southampton v West Ham.