You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you not agree with it? Phillips has done it time and time again in big games.

Because I don't think he is any better than Youngs, who was the better player out of the two in the first two Tests. I certainly wouldn't call him world class.

Will Genia is world class!

I thought it was a poor game littered with mistakes Australia deserved to win as they were the team who were willing and able to put together several phases of play. The Lions backline play was dreadful. Too predictable, not enough players getting over the gameline and/or attacking it at pace & just too many handling errors & poor decisions.

Vunipola had a awful 10 minutes or so in the scrum but fair play to him for not letting it phase him and he manged to turn it around. Set pieces still remain a problem though and losing that final lineout was unforgivable.

It sets it up nicely though for the final test but the Lions will have to improve significantly if we are to win the series.

If he's fit Phillips has to start for me as he adds an extra physicality. Youngs did not take the opportunity today imo. I thought Warburton was much improved and Lydiate solid. The 12/13 combination isn't working, hopefully Roberts will be fit, if not Tuilagi needs to start. We need to punch some holes in that Aussie midfield.

Moment of match has to be George North. That was just incredible.

I think that's the first Lions match I have ever seen and that was an unbelievable moment in quite a passage of play. Who was it who passed the ball between his legs in the Gridiron snap style? Also Folau then managing a wrestling move finisher (DDT?) on him afterwards.

[YOUTUBE]WTaPONca-3o[/YOUTUBE]

I thought it was a poor game littered with mistakes Australia deserved to win as they were the team who were willing and able to put together several phases of play. The Lions backline play was dreadful. Too predictable, not enough players getting over the gameline and/or attacking it at pace & just too many handling errors & poor decisions.

Vunipola had a awful 10 minutes or so in the scrum but fair play to him for not letting it phase him and he manged to turn it around. Set pieces still remain a problem though and losing that final lineout was unforgivable.

It sets it up nicely though for the final test but the Lions will have to improve significantly if we are to win the series.

If he's fit Phillips has to start for me as he adds an extra physicality. Youngs did not take the opportunity today imo. I thought Warburton was much improved and Lydiate solid. The 12/13 combination isn't working, hopefully Roberts will be fit, if not Tuilagi needs to start. We need to punch some holes in that Aussie midfield.

Agree with all that expect about the scrum halves.

Don't see how Phillips has to start, when he played worse than Youngs did in the first test.

I have to say Murray is playing well on the tour, maybe he deserves a chance?

Agree with all that expect about the scrum halves.

Don't see how Phillips has to start, when he played worse than Youngs did in the first test.

I have to say Murray is playing well on the tour, maybe he deserves a chance?

There's little to choose between the 3 but imo as long as he's fully fit, Phillips should start due to his experience and greater physicality. Plus if Roberts is fit they have a good understanding and hopefully we'll see some trademark Roberts battering ram runs.

Is physicality important for a scrum half? It really shouldn't be!

Agree about Roberts or Tuilagi, we need a centre to get over the game line.

Is physicality important for a scrum half? It really shouldn't be!

Agree about Roberts or Tuilagi, we need a centre to get over the game line.

It isn't necessarily but I think it will be an advantage. Australia will hope for broken play, Lions need to keep it tighter and use our power and try and go through the phases in the forwards and the big backs. Sexton & BOD will then add the creative/flair edge to the play too.

Would have worked if Izzy didn't slam him on his head afterwards. Folau is a beast, if he sticks with Union he will dominate.

Man alive. You are Australian aren't you?

I hate the game, but watching that clip it's clear that your man didn't slam him on his head. It's called falling over.

Wallabies have been the better team over the first two games. We got away with it last week and didn't deserve it a second time today. Got to get the scrum right for the 3rd test, should be where we excel.

Also need some luck with the injuries. A Lions tour is as much about injuries as anything else. Backs were pretty much non-existent today and definitely need 12/13 sorting. As mentioned, hope Roberts can get back if not Tuilagi.

Looking on the bright side, next week is going to be huge. Cannot wait.

Would have worked if Izzy didn't slam him on his head afterwards. Folau is a beast, if he sticks with Union he will dominate.

Slam him on his head? Folau couldn't do shit while being carried around like a toddler.

As for your captain not being a cunt. He intentionally stood on a guy's head while he was lying face up at the bottom of a maul. So what if he was cleared? OJ was cleared too.

So he mightn't be a cunt, but it was a highly cuntish thing to do.

And if you try to argue any of the above, you're in the same boat.

Slam him on his head? Folau couldn't do shit while being carried around like a toddler.

As for your captain not being a cunt. He intentionally stood on a guy's head while he was lying face up at the bottom of a maul. So what if he was cleared? OJ was cleared too.

So he mightn't be a cunt, but it was a highly cuntish thing to do.

And if you try to argue any of the above, you're in the same boat.

Obviously, you have never played rugby in your life and you have never been in a ruck.

That was a poor game of rugby, after such a pulsating match last week. The Aussie backline lacked imagination, and Beale and O'conner can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Discipline is everything, and these playboys can't walk the walk.

Finally the Wallabies have a kicker, and see what happens? Kicking is the difference between winning and losing in those tight games.

North can count himself lucky he didn't come out of that game with a broken neck. Reckless, is the only word to describe that incident with Folau.

The Aussies will win this series now, and the only downside, is that Deans will keep his job.

Man alive. You are Australian aren't you?

I hate the game' date=' but watching that clip it's clear that your man didn't slam him on his head. It's called falling over.[/quote']

Don't think so, there is a clear lift from Izzy then he fell back DDT style how else would he get so vertical.

Either way North needed help from the trainers so its just a bit strange making a poster mocking Izzy because a guy did a firemans carry for 2 steps then almost got his neck broken.

It is good propaganda though ill give you that.

Don't think so, there is a clear lift from Izzy then he fell back DDT style how else would he get so vertical.

Either way North needed help from the trainers so its just a bit strange making a poster mocking Izzy because a guy did a firemans carry for 2 steps then almost got his neck broken.

It is good propaganda though ill give you that.

Folau should have been sent off.

The Lions need to iron out their problems on the training pitch this week. I've never rated Hibbard as a hooker, and his throws when he came on were just dire. The scrum buckled without Jones, once again. I don't get the idea of subbing him around the 60 minute mark, when he's clearly the best No 3 in the world.

Lydiate being on the pitch, allowed Warburton to play his more natural game, and he was very impressive, just a real shame that he is now ruled out of the 3rd test. At least Stuart Barnes will now be happy, the annoying twat.

Davies isn't a natural inside centre, which has meant that the 12 -13 partnership hasn't really worked. If Roberts is fit, then he has to play and I'd also bring back Cuthbert. Bowe, as good a player as he is, just looked way off the pace.

The biggest question is who to play at 9. On his day, Phillips is probably the better of the 3 on tour, but he has lacked something on tour, and this is going to be a massive game, although Youngs did play well.

Some tough decisions to make.

Yeah the Jones sub was baffling and Warburton did have his best game.

I thought both wingers were quiet, but Gatland doesn't really play expansive rugby and the Lions didn't have much ball really for them to make an impact.

I can't see The Lions winning the last Test. Then again I predicted before the series I thought Australia would win overall.

The Lions can win the series but they have to reassert their dominance up-front by selecting the most powerful front-five available and using Phillips to keep it tight when necessary. Hibbard isn't great at throwing in but he's a lot better in the scrum than Youngs.

Warburton will be a huge miss