You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I think Moyes is the closest copy to Ferguson. Ferguson is all about scrapping tooth and nail for any advantage. Steamrolling the minnows to stack up the points rather than concentrating on the glamour ties. Moyes has been trying to do that with fewer resources, never winning any trophies but doing better than anyone would expect from the Blueshite. Ferguson will work on getting their big names to respect him. It's the closest for Ferguson to put a replica of himself there and use remote control. I hope it is a total disaster, but I don't think it is that strange and won't start a complete change in their mentality and approach to scrapping for points relentlessly to win at all costs and sod doing things with class..

2yllfzo.gif

Spot on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think Code72 shouold put himself up for the Everton job. After he wins the league and the Uefa Cup next season, he can show everybody at LFC what they're missing.

My money is on Martinez, though.

In the book, published in the aftermath of the last World Cup, Rooney described the strained relationship with his former manager, and gave his account of the events leading up to his £27million transfer to United in August 2004. He claimed he had told Moyes he wanted to leave Everton after it emerged he had visited prostitutes, and that Moyes passed details of the conversation to the Liverpool Echo. Moyes reacted furiously to the allegations and instructed his lawyers to sue.

Moyes got 150k.

I think Moyes is the closest copy to Ferguson. Ferguson is all about scrapping tooth and nail for any advantage. Steamrolling the minnows to stack up the points rather than concentrating on the glamour ties. Moyes has been trying to do that with fewer resources, never winning any trophies but doing better than anyone would expect from the Blueshite. Ferguson will work on getting their big names to respect him. It's the closest for Ferguson to put a replica of himself there and use remote control. I hope it is a total disaster, but I don't think it is that strange and won't start a complete change in their mentality and approach to scrapping for points relentlessly to win at all costs and sod doing things with class..

Ferguson is a winner. Always has been. People have this idea that Moyes can suddenly turn into a winner after years of being happy to 'punch above his weight'; doing ok some years but shite in others. The parrallel with Hodgson is a very strong one. Apart from the fact that Hodgson, at least, left his comfort zone and tried different jobs/countries etc.

We employed Rodgers who has achieved the sum of fuck all to try and change our downfall and make us successful. That's even madder than employing someone who has done well and is willing to learn under ferguson, inheriting a top top team in the process. Its a risk by united I think we made the stupider one.

We employed Rodgers who has achieved the sum of fuck all to try and change our downfall and make us successful. That's even madder than employing someone who has done well and is willing to learn under ferguson, inheriting a top top team in the process. Its a risk by united I think we made the stupider one.

Fair point, but our pickings were slim. We tried big spending, a fan favourite and a supposedly tried and tested manager. Given any truly world class figures would've wanted funds we can no longer offer our options were limited.

Utd are at a peak, could probably get Klopp to drop his tools and swim the channel, Conte to have a crack at the English game or Mourinho to turn his back on Chelsea.

Both clubs have taken big risks, and arguably appointed someone below their standard, but Utd had an ocean in front of them while we had a fishpond.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, okay, you don't like Rodgers. He inherited a better team than Kenny, he takes no credit for Suarez, he's worse than Moyes. Message received.

United have won 5 of the last 7 league titles. They're likely to finish the season as champions with over 90 points. Liverpool weren't in the same position. We needed the slate wiped clean, United don't. We need to rebuild with a different ethos - that has seen us come up shy for 20 years - but United don't.

Rodgers at least has potential and doesn't have 10 years of mediocrity behind him. Also, unless you didn't notice, we're not exactly dining from the top table like Manchester United.

What exactly has Moyes done well btw? Apart from 'punching above his weight on limited funds... Blah blah fucking blah'

Yeah, okay, you don't like Rodgers. He inherited a better team than Kenny, he takes no credit for Suarez, he's worse than Moyes. Message received.

United have won 5 of the last 7 league titles. They're likely to finish the season as champions with over 90 points. Liverpool weren't in the same position. We needed the slate wiped clean, United don't. We need to rebuild with a different ethos - that has seen us come up shy for 20 years - but United don't.

No I like Rodgers but I don't think he should of got the job. I never said he's worse than moyes but moyes will have ferguson right behind him that's the difference Rodgers has who pascoe. We employed a man with no experience hoping he has what it take a mediocre side and make is successful , its an incredible risk because our name fades each year. I think united are rich enough supported enough and have the pull to make a few mistakes especially with ferguson in the background.