You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red22 can fuck off. Not got much more to say about it than Stringvest.

The answer to the first question doesn't seem to matter. It's a Jamie Kanwar story, hyped up and essentially nonsense.

Christ ls that horrible manc cunt still fooling Liverpool fans? When will they put him in the Fat Dunc bucket and be done with him. Although best not discuss him to much or the thread will disappear.

I don't understand people that still pine for Dalglish in a managerial sense, he's not the same man as he was in 1988, people have to accept that. If Paisley was our Guardiola, then Dalglish was our Villanova, he kept an already great side at the top with the welcome addition of some quality signings.

Dalgish had a boot room consisting of Paisley and Fagan deliberating over his every move, back when the club knew what the fuck they were doing. A smart owner, a great board and an excellent young manager in Dalgish at the helm.

Fair play Kenny won the title with Blackburn, bankrolled by Jack Walkers millions, but that was 18 years ago. He proved at Newcastle and subsequently Celtic that he wasn't capable of managing at the top level anymore. The caretaker role after Roy's departure was the right thing to do at the time because it galvanised the club..... but i still think about what would of happened if we signed AVB as manager at the end of that year and thanked Dalgish for his time.

I agree with the sentiments of a few people in this thread, the back room boys always getting the jobs and this sense of borrowed nostalgia is what needs to change at this club if we want to be successful again.

I think you will find you have really got that the wrong way round.

Repped.

Maybe he shouldn't have come back, but credit to the man for doing so and risking his reputation as a result. He was fed up just as the rest of us were watching Hodgson manage us, was asked to take it, did so well they offered to him permanently.

He made some mistakes, but he also did a lot of things right. I won't turn my nose up at the league cup, we exist to win trophies and that is one. Also it is not like we have done any better this season is it?

Anyway I don't think anyone wants Dalglish back to manage us, this is talking about having him as an ambassador and he'd be brilliant at that as knowing knows the club or can represent us better than he can.

The lack of respect for Dalglish on here is sickening.

100% correct.I would rep you if i could.

Wicked. Having the king involved can only be good for the club

Brilliant. I reallly hope this is true. And it might heal a few wounds on here as well. I have to say I was pretty upset when he was sacked although I've never held that against Rodgers who I'm happy with. Having a man of the King's stature back can only be a good thing for the club overall.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Andy Heaton on twitter is saying Dalglish will be coming back to the club this week.

In what capacity?