You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best 3 live gigs you have been too

Bjornebye

Genesis, Leeds Roundhay Park, 1987. First (and sadly only) time I saw them live

Coldplay, Etihad Stadium, 2012. Never really been a fan but one brilliant show

Paul McCartney, Queens Dock, 1990. Never thought I would get the chance to see a Beatle play live

Close contender was Fish at Leamington Spa Assembly Rooms this year. Still got it, and dug out some classic Marillion tracks from 30 years ago!

Genesis old Trafford 2007

Simple minds nec Birmingham 1989

Big country liverpool empire 1989

Genesis were awesome, I'd love to see them again. BC were a great band (I have a signed drumskin!). Saw Simple Minds about 3 years ago in the MEN and 1986 at Milton Keynes. Great band.

Kraftwerk ( Autobahn tour - mid 70's )

The Jam ( Deeside Leisure Centre - 1980-ish )

Elvis Costello ( various - preferred the earlier gigs with the Attractions )

Excuse my French (or German) but, BASTARD. I fecking love Kraftwerk. Jammy b*****d.

Saw Muse at Oxegen in 2007 and thought it would never be beaten.

Then I saw Daft Punk the following night.

Immense, just amazing. Words cant describe it.

I forgot about Daft Punk, saw them on the Homework tour around 97 or 98, stunning performance.

Guns N Roses (use your illusion tour) - Slane Castle 92. first ever gig, wasn't allowed to go but went anyway. near got fucked out of the house over it.

James Brown - Oxegen Festival 2005. what a show! Like Las Vegas in a tent in Co. Kildare. Got to tent late and the bouncers weren't letting anyone else in. Spotted a way in and went for it. ended up running along that gap between the crowd barrier and the stage with bouncers coming towards me and behind me. Threw myself into the crowd and disappeared into the middle of it. He had this really old guy doing MC and the band complete with brass section kept playing crescendo after crescendo with this guy going "James Brown, James Brown" by the time he came on the stage the place was already going mental. Think he died not long after.

Prince - O2, London 2007. absolutely fucking awesome show.

honourable mentions to:

Stevie Wonder - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne 2008. someone I always wanted to see live and he didn't disappoint.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2012 Stadium of Light, Sunderland. waited 20 years to see this band live. Had a ticket to see them at Sunstroke Festival in Dalymount Park, Dublin 1993 but John Frusciante left the band for the first time and then Arik Marshall left or was kicked out also. Missed them in 2004 at Phoenix Park (which I heard was shite anyway). Finally got to see them this year and they were fantastic. Unfortunately it seems I'm too old to lose myself to this type of music anymore and I've done my back.

Bruce Springsteen - RDS, Dublin 2012. Aint no show like a Boss show. was never really a fan but got tickets for me and my bro, started listening to the essential albums, went to the show and well let's just say I'll be trying to get tickets this thursday when they go on sale. 3.5 hours of pure showmanship backed by one of the greatest bands of all time.

Foo Fighters - Tennents Vital, Boucher Playing fields, Belfast 2012. That time I went to see James Brown at Oxegen, foo fighters were on the main stage so I missed them. finally got to see them this year too and they were absolutely fantastic.

Blur - Feile 95, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Cork Hadn't released the album with Country House etc on it yet but played a good few songs off that new album along with most of park life. great show.

Oasis - Witnness 2002, Fairyhouse, Dublin or Meath. They don't do a lot on stage but the hairs standing up on the back of my neck at the time said this was something special.

Gomez - 2000 Ulster Hall, 2002 Witnness, 2006 Mandela Hall. Probably my favourite band ever. Also saw Ben Ottewell play an acoustic gig where he played most of the first album. class.

worst gig ever? Eric Clapton - 2010. teenagers bribed with popcorn and super sized cokes dragged along by their 50-60 year old dads, everyone seated, Clapton comes on scruffy as fuck and doesn't even say hello. Plays for 2 hours and walks off saying nothing. miserable cunt.

Gone for Bruce 3 times because it just doesn't get any better!

Estadi Olimpic Barcelona 2012

RDS Dublin 2009

Millennium Cardiff 2008

Next summers gig at Wembley will be amazing in front of 80,000 +

Apart from Bruce.

The Coral - New Brighton 2003 (The Libertines, The Zutons, The Bee's and Thrills all supporting in a big tent)

Neil Young - Glastonbury 2009 - Loudest guitar I've ever heard

Noel Gallagher - Royal Albert hall 2007 (The Coral and Shack support)

Gone for Bruce 3 times because it just doesn't get any better!

Estadi Olimpic Barcelona 2012

RDS Dublin 2009

Millennium Cardiff 2008

Next summers gig at Wembley will be amazing in front of 80,000 +

Apart from Bruce.

The Coral - New Brighton 2003 (The Libertines, The Zutons, The Bee's and Thrills all supporting in a big tent)

Neil Young - Glastonbury 2009 - Loudest guitar I've ever heard

Noel Gallagher - Royal Albert hall 2007 (The Coral and Shack support)

Was tempted to do that myself. It doesnt get any better than Springsteen gig

Desmond Dekker - Sheffield, Leadmill 2006.

Primal Scream - Leeds, T&C Club. 2000.

Pavement - Brixton Academy 1999.

The 'Scream gig was a bit tense; Gillespie got glassed of the stage after about 20 minutes. Everyone though the gig was over and a good few went to kick fuck out of the kid who threw the glass. The band come back on before things got a bit riotous and just tore the fucking roof off the place. Edgy gigs REALLY rock.

Gina G - Paradox

Dosnt get any better than that

Haha! Great name btw.

Guns N Roses (use your illusion tour) - Slane Castle 92. first ever gig, wasn't allowed to go but went anyway. near got fucked out of the house over it.

James Brown - Oxegen Festival 2005. what a show! Like Las Vegas in a tent in Co. Kildare. Got to tent late and the bouncers weren't letting anyone else in. Spotted a way in and went for it. ended up running along that gap between the crowd barrier and the stage with bouncers coming towards me and behind me. Threw myself into the crowd and disappeared into the middle of it. He had this really old guy doing MC and the band complete with brass section kept playing crescendo after crescendo with this guy going "James Brown, James Brown" by the time he came on the stage the place was already going mental. Think he died not long after.

Prince - O2, London 2007. absolutely fucking awesome show.

honourable mentions to:

Stevie Wonder - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne 2008. someone I always wanted to see live and he didn't disappoint.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2012 Stadium of Light, Sunderland. waited 20 years to see this band live. Had a ticket to see them at Sunstroke Festival in Dalymount Park, Dublin 1993 but John Frusciante left the band for the first time and then Arik Marshall left or was kicked out also. Missed them in 2004 at Phoenix Park (which I heard was shite anyway). Finally got to see them this year and they were fantastic. Unfortunately it seems I'm too old to lose myself to this type of music anymore and I've done my back.

Bruce Springsteen - RDS, Dublin 2012. Aint no show like a Boss show. was never really a fan but got tickets for me and my bro, started listening to the essential albums, went to the show and well let's just say I'll be trying to get tickets this thursday when they go on sale. 3.5 hours of pure showmanship backed by one of the greatest bands of all time.

Foo Fighters - Tennents Vital, Boucher Playing fields, Belfast 2012. That time I went to see James Brown at Oxegen, foo fighters were on the main stage so I missed them. finally got to see them this year too and they were absolutely fantastic.

Blur - Feile 95, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Cork Hadn't released the album with Country House etc on it yet but played a good few songs off that new album along with most of park life. great show.

Oasis - Witnness 2002, Fairyhouse, Dublin or Meath. They don't do a lot on stage but the hairs standing up on the back of my neck at the time said this was something special.

Gomez - 2000 Ulster Hall, 2002 Witnness, 2006 Mandela Hall. Probably my favourite band ever. Also saw Ben Ottewell play an acoustic gig where he played most of the first album. class.

worst gig ever? Eric Clapton - 2010. teenagers bribed with popcorn and super sized cokes dragged along by their 50-60 year old dads, everyone seated, Clapton comes on scruffy as fuck and doesn't even say hello. Plays for 2 hours and walks off saying nothing. miserable cunt.

Are you from Belfast?