You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Tribute to TLW Forum Legends - RIP

WhiskeyJar

They are all individuals so you would have to ask each one of them.

HFSG & HJC speak on behalf of many of those individuals.

Don't claim you're a Liverpool supporter if you are in some way gonna link yourself to The S*n.

It's that straightforward.

I dont know about you, but I dont really let others decide what I should think or feel about anything, so yes seriousloy I 'd say its down to each individual how they deal with the disaster.

Don't boil it down to some sort of mob mentality, the blind leading the blind and all that.

Deal in facts, you like facts and fact is The S*n told and sold lies about Liverpool supporters, spun a headline that destroyed lives and served the injustices carried out over the last 23 years.

I dont know about you' date=' but I dont really let others decide what I should think or feel about anything, so yes seriousloy I 'd say its down to each individual how they deal with the disaster.[/quote']

I'm not being so presumptuous as to state how people deal with what that rag did.

However, I would have thought it fair to assume that if you don't buy it because of what they printed and you had no personal connection to Hillsborough, then the friends and relatives of those directly involved probably don't buy it either...

Guest Numero Veinticinco
HFSG & HJC speak on behalf of many of those individuals.

Don't claim you're a Liverpool supporter if you are in some way gonna link yourself to The S*n.

It's that straightforward.

KJIog.gif

Just accept that Code's totally and utterly wrong and you're right, then just move on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's actually depressing as fuck to see some of the people who have been posting on here for a long while turn out to have views about that paper that are anything less than total contempt. If there's one thing us bunch of arguing bitches can agree about, I thought it was that.

• Upvote 1

Don't boil it down to some sort of mob mentality, the blind leading the blind and all that.

Deal in facts, you like facts and fact is The S*n told and sold lies about Liverpool supporters, spun a headline that destroyed lives and served the injustices carried out over the last 23 years.

Could not agree more.

If you condone any Liverpool fan accepting that Rag you have no right to say you are a Liverpool fan. What the S*n did, what it was part of is what has scarred the lives of those who lost loved ones, and its words have hindered the fight for justice for these past 23 years.

So there is no 'moving on'. Bettison is still walking free, so are the scum who colluded to cover the disaster up - if we had of 'moved on' then we would not have had justice. The paper is read by scum, supported by scum and written for scum. And that goes for anyone trying to condone a 'Liverpool fan' referencing the rag. Retweeting and following the S*n is the same as reading it.

It's actually depressing as fuck to see some of the people who have been posting on here for a long while turn out to have views about that paper that are anything less than total contempt. If there's one thing us bunch of arguing bitches can agree about' date=' I thought it was that.[/quote']

I'd find it hard to give a shit if the rag had caused similar damage to the people of Norway.

I know what happened, I'm just saying that different people deal with different things in different ways and I dont have any problem with that.

I'm not being so presumptuous as to state how people deal with what that rag did.

However, I would have thought it fair to assume that if you don't buy it because of what they printed and you had no personal connection to Hillsborough, then the friends and relatives of those directly involved probably don't buy it either...

Probably a fair assumption, but in this instance do we know anything about how related the person in question is to the disaster, was he there, did he have family there, did he have anyone he knew there, does he know anyone personally who was there or who lost family/friends there.

How old was he when it happened, where did he live, where is he living now etc.

All these are things I would take into consideration before I condemn anyone for doing something with relations to something that happened almost 24 years ago.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd find it hard to give a shit if the rag had caused similar damage to the people of Norway.

What if you were a massive fan of FC Copenhagen, travelled there, spent lots of time at TheCopenhagenWay website?

Could not agree more.

If you condone any Liverpool fan accepting that Rag you have no right to say you are a Liverpool fan. What the S*n did, what it was part of is what has scarred the lives of those who lost loved ones, and its words have hindered the fight for justice for these past 23 years.

So there is no 'moving on'. Bettison is still walking free, so are the scum who colluded to cover the disaster up - if we had of 'moved on' then we would not have had justice. The paper is read by scum, supported by scum and written for scum. And that goes for anyone trying to condone a 'Liverpool fan' referencing the rag. Retweeting and following the S*n is the same as reading it.

That's what I don't get with this argument about everyone being individuals and dealing with things in their own way. Retweeting S*n links or following anything associated with that rag is a way of dealing with the issue?

It's plain ignorance and nothing more which now more than ever, is truly depressing to see. No excuses for any Liverpool supporters to be associating themselves with that rag in any way.

That's what I don't get with this argument about everyone being individuals and dealing with things in their own way. Retweeting S*n links or following anything associated with that rag is a way of dealing with the issue?

It's plain ignorance and nothing more which now more than ever, is truly depressing to see. No excuses for any Liverpool supporters to be associating themselves with that rag in any way.

There is no argument! As usual, take a contrary point of view and watch everybody get wound up! The fact that he would even do so on a subject like this highlights the type of man he is.

There is no argument - I like SL despite his obvious failings as a poster, but considering the way that he saw issues as absolute and how he dealt with others, this cannot be condoned in anyway and is extremely duplicitous. I'm leaving it there - suffice to say, I am glad I have Code on ignore, I just wish I didn't have to see him quoted.

• Downvote 1

What if you were a massive fan of FC Copenhagen' date=' travelled there, spent lots of time at TheCopenhagenWay website?[/quote']

Sorry mate, the sarcasm obviously never came through in my post.

I find it strange that any Liverpool fan, can feel indifferent when it comes that fucking rag. The pain and anger that was caused, intentionally, by it, must only stretch so far.

Probably a fair assumption' date=' but in this instance do we know anything about how related the person in question is to the disaster, was he there, did he have family there, did he have anyone he knew there, does he know anyone personally who was there or who lost family/friends there.

How old was he when it happened, where did he live, where is he living now etc.

All these are things I would take into consideration before I condemn anyone for doing something with relations to something that happened almost 24 years ago.[/quote']

I'm struggling to understand why you appear to be trying to justify a) people buying that rag, and b) silverlining's involvement with it.

If you purport to be a Liverpool fan in any way, shape or form, you should stand behind the boycott.

You do, and as far as I'm aware you don't have any direct connection with Hillsborough.

Apart, of course, from being a Liverpool fan...

Code is great he comes from the land of the smalahove and fjords and trolls.

They also have lots of mountain tunnels and indeed they did have the longest tunnel in the world.

They also eat weird food to like sylterabb and gravet elg.

They als o win the Eurovision contest now and again as well.

So there are many reasons to like code and dont forget the stats.

There is no argument! As usual, take a contrary point of view and watch everybody get wound up! The fact that he would even do so on a subject like this highlights the type of man he is.

There is no argument - I like SL despite his obvious failings as a poster, but considering the way that he saw issues as absolute and how he dealt with others, this cannot be condoned in anyway and is extremely duplicitous. I'm leaving it there - suffice to say, I am glad I have Code on ignore, I just wish I didn't have to see him quoted.

Take the opposite view, what opposite view is that by the way?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sorry mate, the sarcasm obviously never came through in my post.

I find it strange that any Liverpool fan, can feel indifferent when it comes that fucking rag. The pain and anger that was caused, intentionally, by it, must only stretch so far.

Sorry, I'm half asleep here. Totally agree.