You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Tribute to TLW Forum Legends - RIP

WhiskeyJar

I'd find it hard to give a shit if the rag had caused similar damage to the people of Norway.

What if you were a massive fan of FC Copenhagen, travelled there, spent lots of time at TheCopenhagenWay website?

He said he wasn't arsed about Norway, there's no need to bring Denmark into this.

Leave Denmark alone.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He said he wasn't arsed about Norway, there's no need to bring Denmark into this.

Leave Denmark alone.

Oh my fucking God. That's terrible. THE SHEER FUCKING IGNORANCE!

Not sticking up for SL here one single bit as I thought his internet personal was a right cunt, but my thoughts on this are similar to Code's but as the topic of converstion is incredibly emotive its hard to see between the lines.

As a Liverpool supporter who doesn't live in the area, never has done and only been to liverpool to be at the game on rare occasions, who was only 2 when the awful terrible injustice happened I can say that I used to buy the sun. Why because I didn't know any different. I wasn't educated or had the slightest incline into why reading it would have been so bad until I joined this forum and was educated into the reasons behind it. The lies that where told and the devestating effect that it did have on thousands of lives. The families of those directly affected and not only a whole community but a whole city. I now join that fight for justice and one of those ways is through the boycotting of said paper. However its a very fine line- what would have happened if I already worked for this corporation before I was educated in this way? What if I didn't have a job and my family where about to lose our home and said NI or the sun or whatever name we are affiliating the name too offered me a job? I know that my family comes before any love of Liverpool. You cannot condem SL until you know all of the facts. He is not here to defend himself and however much of a cunt he is his family deserves to be left in peace. It took me a while to decide whether or not to post this and I am sure there will be a lot that may have an issue with what I have said, my heart goes out to all those affected by Hillsborough as it should never have happened, also all that happened afterwards shouldn't have either. At the end of the day he has gone, just let it go and end the thread peacefully.

Guest ShoePiss
Not sticking up for SL here one single bit as I thought his internet personal was a right cunt, but my thoughts on this are similar to Code's but as the topic of converstion is incredibly emotive its hard to see between the lines.

As a Liverpool supporter who doesn't live in the area, never has done and only been to liverpool to be at the game on rare occasions, who was only 2 when the awful terrible injustice happened I can say that I used to buy the sun. Why because I didn't know any different. I wasn't educated or had the slightest incline into why reading it would have been so bad until I joined this forum and was educated into the reasons behind it. The lies that where told and the devestating effect that it did have on thousands of lives. The families of those directly affected and not only a whole community but a whole city. I now join that fight for justice and one of those ways is through the boycotting of said paper. However its a very fine line- what would have happened if I already worked for this corporation before I was educated in this way? What if I didn't have a job and my family where about to lose our home and said NI or the sun or whatever name we are affiliating the name too offered me a job? I know that my family comes before any love of Liverpool. You cannot condem SL until you know all of the facts. He is not here to defend himself and however much of a cunt he is his family deserves to be left in peace. It took me a while to decide whether or not to post this and I am sure there will be a lot that may have an issue with what I have said, my heart goes out to all those affected by Hillsborough as it should never have happened, also all that happened afterwards shouldn't have either. At the end of the day he has gone, just let it go and end the thread peacefully.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't know about the boycott until 2009 but I am none the less. Glad you understand the situation now. As for place of employment, you either have principles or you do not.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't know about the boycott until 2009 but I am none the less. Glad you understand the situation now. As for place of employment' date=' you either have principles or you do not.[/quote']

Do you still need an IPtorrent invite?

I'd rather starve that work for that shithouse of a firm.

The greatest exit by far from TLW.

Also miss Hamstrung who is semi/fully retired to.

Kids, they have allot to answer for.

SL was a wanker, a gobshite and a twat, hes gone, move on.

I miss Melons, or is she still here? not seen anything from her for an age.

I'm about, just moved house and the land line won't be in place until the 15th Jan, using a mobile and a dongle is an utter arse in pissing through data allowances.

Leeson. Leg.

He still lurks doesn't he? His negging power is probably as feeble as his height these days... bring it on sweet cheeks. x

Are you suggesting I'm crying myself to sleep because someone said something to me on the internet like others give an impression of them doing?

Dont think you could be more wrong if you tried.

0.jpg

We asked a cross-section of the population, outside SuperDrug last Monday, for their opinions about this. 40 people visiting from Norway - all of them wearing "I am Code!" t-shirts - claimed they would ejaculate over Code as soon as he quoted some statistics. 5 people misunderstood the question and said 'Rugby'. No one thought Code needed Botox - or this may have been 'Buttocks' - a dog was barking at the time and it was really hard to hear what they were saying. 24 people were insistent that they wanted Code baked in a pie. And 28 people just yawned at the mention of his name.

All this about 'a man can work where he wants', 'family comes first' and 'life off the forum is private and we have to respect that' is all well and good to to the average Joe on the street. But then if you claim to be a Liverpool fan and spend half your waking day, every day, abusing the fuck out of people on a Liverpool website, knowing the dirty little secret you're carrying round, then you can't just say, "Come on, lads. It was just a joke" when you get found out. Everyone knows there are millions of mental people in this world who wouldn't take his insults as a joke, and a smart, socially aware chap like himself more than most.

I don't understand why he's being stuck up for as he knew what he was doing and probably buzzed off the risk of being found out. Fuck it. I'm obviously not condoning threats against his children but I imagine there'll be some peculiar subscriptions landing on his mat in the coming weeks.

For the record, I thought he was quite funny but just took some of the stalking too far. From time to time, we all need to be told we're being a dickhead when we're actually being one, that's what mates and peers are for, but he often went too far with the sustained persecution.

As someone who lurks and posts a little, I'm really glad that Silverlining has gone. Regardless of people saying the guy was a internet hard man/bully just let it wash over you, don't rise to it, treat it like water off a ducks back his constant sniping and invective dragged so many threads down to base bickering it was utterly tedious, I can also imagine for those just joining the site possibly slightly intimidating thus hurting the site in the process.

The fact the guy works for News International does raise some questions: Is he a Liverpool fan at all? or did he just like winding up those scousers, seeing who would bite? Getting an extra kick out of it knowing that it was a keyboard paid for by News International and the profits from the S*n that he was using to have a go.

If he is a Liverpool fan regardless of your need for a job/a career path why would you work for that organisation? Even if I was offered twice my salary to go there I'd say no on a point of principle, they and their fucking shit rag can go fuck itself.

I've found myself on a few occasions having to educate people reading that vacuous vile publication who have been wearing or carrying Liverpool paraphernalia, but you can excuse that to a certain extent for those who are young and not from the city but if your on a Liverpool website all day (predominantly firing out slanders) then you know what your involved with.

The size of your arse, for one thing...

Indeed, they force feed me the chocolate you know, then throw a strop about leaving them should i go the gym, making me feel all guilty so i don't go, but then the only thing that fixes that guilt is more chocolate. Messed up shit, right there, that is.

Indeed' date=' they force feed me the chocolate you know, then throw a strop about leaving them should i go the gym, making me feel all guilty so i don't go, but then the only thing that fixes that guilt is more chocolate. Messed up shit, right there, that is.[/quote']

Ha! Was wondering when you'd notice that comment.

I wasn't talking about the undoubtedly vicious 'chocolate-gym-chocolate' cycle however.

I was hinting at the havoc dropping seven kids plays on a woman's body...