You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Ba for £7 million. Think it is just brilliant value for what we need and what he is proven to do!

Although I wouldn't say no to Walcott for the right wing as well, then we can give Sterling a rest when needed, as a front three of Walcott, Ba and Suarez looks good to me!

Ba for what he is now for 7m is good value. But his knee problems means it's a risk you cannot take, unless you are minted. And if you are minted there are better options.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How much would Huntelaar cost with his contract ending? And what sort of wage are we talking?

Not sure on wages, but 5m was the fee I'd seen mentioned. I'd be happy at double that.

Ideal: Falcao

Would happily settle for: Llorente

Not too sure about: Walcott

Don't want: Sturridge

Full well knowing I'm in Code territory here, but if we want to stock up on a couple of promising CBs for backup/future, we could look at these two in the January window:

Vegard Forren (Molde FK)

Even Hovland (Molde FK)

Both playing for Solskjaer's team over here, probably meaning they will go there if they are ever good enough, but still. Both of them are better with the ball than your average Nordic CBs, and Hovland has quite a bit of pace. Forren is pretty strong in the air. Barring major injuries (Hovland has had a couple this year, hindering his progress a bit), they will out and about in the European leagues pretty soon. I'm not saying they will be future Hyypiäs, but I think they might be worth looking at for potential at least, as their price won't be too steep. As we (imo) have 3 CBs that will compliment each other well and do for quite a while, I'd like to get in a 4th for competition/injury reserve the next couple of seasons (until Wisdom/Kelly is ready).

Sturridge? - The Earl of Frodsham 'light'. Are we not trying to gradually dispose of the overpaid, underperforming egoists? A ferocious fancy dan, 'if I'm bovvered' type, more concerned with drawing attention to himself and lording it up with well thought out dance celebrations when he gets on the end of a tap in is the last thing we need. If he's ever suited to a club, it's the twat of a club he's currently with and he seldom gets a game for them. Not here at any price thanks, and that's including 'free'. Hand me the piss sponge.

Sturridge? - The Earl of Frodsham 'light'. Are we not trying to gradually dispose of the overpaid, underperforming egoists? A ferocious fancy dan, 'if I'm bovvered' type, more concerned with drawing attention to himself and lording it up with well thought out dance celebrations when he gets on the end of a tap in is the last thing we need. If he's ever suited to a club, it's the twat of a club he's currently with and he seldom gets a game for them. Not here at any price thanks, and that's including 'free'. Hand me the piss sponge.

Exactamundo! Saved me the effort of typing it - will rep when I can!

Lewandowski.

He would be the perfect fit.In a bit of contract shite with dortmund so we could get him relatively cheap, is young, a clinical goalscorer and IMO would adapt straight away to the premier league. We will end up with Sturridge though.

Sturridge is garbage, he would rather score 3 goals and Chelsea lose 4-3 than come on in the last 10 minutes and Chelsea wins 1-0.

Why do so many people want Huntelaar? He’s failed in both decent leagues he’s played in for fuck sake. He’s done well in Germany and Holland. The latter of which Alfonso Alves used to score like 25+ a season.

I’d LOVE a player like Lewandowski but I honestly don’t see it, why could he come here? Unless we want to throw wages at him, at this point I bet he’d rather stay at Dortmund than come here and if he ever was to leave Dortmund there will be plenty of Champions League clubs after him.

Same with Walcott really, why would he leave Arsenal for Liverpool? If he lets his contract completely run down (making him a free agent) I would imagine bigger clubs than previously would have, will come in for him.

We just need to start being realistic about what we can/cant get. I wonder if City would loan us John Guidetti, would be a decent little shout till the end of the season.

Can you not like emergency loan strikers like you can with goalkeepers?

I've never heard that, and gave it a google there and can't find anything on it.

It is true that one, I remember it well. We also missed out on Villa when he was at Zaragoza and Higuain when he was at River.

I don't know if it's true but I heard that Juan Mata was on the same list of players as Stewart Downing, well played whoever made that fucking decision if so.

We should've taken a punt on Jordan Rhodes, before blackburn got him. We've no chance of any big name striker coming here, not without CL football, we're looking at second tier stikers - the problem is, thats the type of player we've consistently bought for the last 10-20 years or more, and its got us where we are now.

Our ideal signing is going to be someone who is under 23, who is showing signs of making it - and quite frankly, there aren't many out there that fit that catergory, that haven't already been mentioned.

We're better off grooming one of the kids from the academy to come through (Look where that got Jimmy Savile:drool:)

Why do so many people want Huntelaar? He’s failed in both decent leagues he’s played in for fuck sake. He’s done well in Germany and Holland. The latter of which Alfonso Alves used to score like 25+ a season.

Huntelaar went on to score eight goals in 20 appearances (13 starts and 7 sub appearances) in just half a season at Real Madrid

He didnt really get a chance at Milan,he was mostly a sub.

National team G.58 Gls. 33

Im not convinced he is what we need but he hardly failed.

Can you not like emergency loan strikers like you can with goalkeepers?

No