You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Soldado is a quality finisher but I reckon Rodgers is looking for more than just a finisher in his attackers

You say that as if he stands around the box waiting for tap ins. His link up play and movement is top class, same with Huntelaar. Easily 20 goal a season strikers and would fit in our team brilliantly.

You say that as if he stands around the box waiting for tap ins. His link up play and movement is top class' date=' same with Huntelaar. Easily 20 goal a season strikers and would fit in our team brilliantly.[/quote']

I am positive that we will not spend any 'real' money on anyone older than 26/27.

I mean less than 5m or so... If we can get someone like Huntelaar for that? Then we might do it. Dempsey told the real story of the value in youth. 5m for him wouldn't have been poor business, just as a utility player, and we simply weren't willing to give that.

How much football does the average TLW user watch and where does he watch it? The reason I ask is because I never heard of half the cunts listed in this thread. How the fuck does anyone know how good anyone is in Russia or the Ukraine or even coming through the ranks in Holland? Personally I'd like to watch a player play at least 4 or 5 full matches before I even thinking of suggesting him as a signing.

If top 4 is even a remote possibility in January I'd spend what it takes to get David Villa, a blind man can see he is hating life at Barca at the moment, that lad was born to score goals, with him in the team we could easily over haul a 5 or 6 gap, therefore he almost pays for himself. If as expected 4th is impossible then I would route around in the Samid Yesil bargain basket, pick up another couple of promising teens and start preparing for next year.

How much football does the average TLW user watch and where does he watch it? The reason I ask is because I never heard of half the cunts listed in this thread. How the fuck does anyone know how good anyone is in Russia or the Ukraine or even coming through the ranks in Holland? Personally I'd like to watch a player play at least 4 or 5 full matches before I even thinking of suggesting him as a signing.

If top 4 is even a remote possibility in January I'd spend what it takes to get David Villa, a blind man can see he is hating life at Barca at the moment, that lad was born to score goals, with him in the team we could easily over haul a 5 or 6 gap, therefore he almost pays for himself. If as expected 4th is impossible then I would route around in the Samid Yesil bargain basket, pick up another couple of promising teens and start preparing for next year.

think he'd still cost about 20million

Saw Yarmolenko play against England this year, and against Germany last year. Also against Man City in Europe last season. So probably only three or four full matches.

He looked class. As his goal scoring record of about 1 in 3 for club and country, predominantly from wide positions would suggest, he is most of the time. Only just turned 23 as well.

Strongly linked with AC Milan, unfortunately.

If we're looking at signing the next big thing then we don't need to look any further than Viktor Fischer at Ajax. He's going to be sensational.

We defo need a more experienced player first though.

True. Quality player in the makibg though and only seen him once but he's that goid.

Another reason why I think we have something special in Ngoo as well 6–0 loss but he was quality through out

It terms of the cunts previously listed, I can vouch for Lewandowski. Picked him up in FM 08 as an unknown teenager from the Polish league, and he was a superstar for many many years. Get on him. He's scores 23 goals with 13 assists in 13/14 for Liverpool.

I have watched Shalke quite a bit this past month, Munich and Dortumund matches have both been live.

Hunelaar is slow, and doesn't do too much work outside the box! We won't buy him, regardless of his price his age is too close to 30 and don't forget FSG didn't want to stump up too much for Dempsey.

31 next month so a lot closer to 10 million. Be worth every penny.

his price won't be dictated by age but by who wants him and what they are prepared to pay and I'd expect the likes of PSG, Anzhi and the rich Arabic clubs to be interested, then there is also the wages

theres no way FSG will splash out on a 31 year old imo

his price won't be dictated by age but by who wants him and what they are prepared to pay and I'd expect the likes of PSG, Anzhi and the rich Arabic clubs to be interested, then there is also the wages

theres no way FSG will splash out on a 31 year old imo

I agree to an extent, personally I don't think Villa would entertain the idea of playing outside Spain, Italy, England or PSG. Don't think City would be interested so that just leaves Chelsea and PSG as the clubs who pay silly money, with a bit of luck neither would be in for him and then you have a bidding war with well run clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Juve, Milan etc.

I have watched Shalke quite a bit this past month, Munich and Dortumund matches have both been live.

Hunelaar is slow, and doesn't do too much work outside the box! We won't buy him, regardless of his price his age is too close to 30 and don't forget FSG didn't want to stump up too much for Dempsey.

Huntelaar has been the same his entire career; a fucking carthorse who knows where the goal is. Super finisher but nothing much outside of that. I don't think he's a Rodgers player, regardless of his age and/or price.

Cant help but think were getting carried away with some of the names mentioned on here.

More realistic - John Guidetti on loan from City?

I wouldnt say thats what we need right now, He's a decent prospect, but we need someone to come in and do the job well, not come in and develop into someone who can do the job.

Walcott & Sturridge stand a chance. Both would go straight into the team and provide pace & goals. We can then use Sterling, Borini (when fit) and Suso when needed rather than be utterly reliant upon them every game.

Sell Downing & Carroll to pay for them