You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester(a) Premier League - Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

I would be giving Ward a extended run in the side myself.

Neither goal his fault. Thought he commanded his area well. Needs to be playing games before we loose him. He isnt a kid anymore so needs to be a regular number 1 somewhere

Don't disagree with this at all. While I don't particularly rate Ward,I do believe he deserves a few games to stake a claim as first choice. He actually looks an imposing figure in goal but obviously playing in the PL is a bit different to pointless cup ties,although I'd still select him.

Good piece. Milner's the nearest to a leader that we have on the pitch. I'd be accommodating him in most games.

Same here! I was quite happy when Matip went mad at Klavan on Saturday for giving away the corner - but I wish he'd have continued and had a go when he left Mee free from the resulting corner. 

If we can't get VVD in January, bring in Subotic or similar for the rest of the year. And some clinical German for DM. 

Its a fucking shit article. If reade thinks Klopp is being all nicey nicey to the players in private, he hasnt a fucking clue. Its the type of article a clueless hack would put out when a club is going seen to be going through a crisis, one which will get fans nodding in agreement while stroking their chin.

You only have to look at Klopp on the touchline when players arent doing what he wants to realise he is already 'bad klopp.'

This sentence "It’s time to stop playing Good Klopp and start playing Bad Klopp, before the only award they’re playing for again is the wooden spoon they hand out to the nice guys." is so full of shit and hyperbole, I dont know where to start.

• Upvote 4

I am generally positive about Klopp , Jimmy, and I agree that the article is very tabloid-y by Reade's standards, but I would say that for all the screaming & gesturing at players during games, they are practically all still here after 2 years , some with improved contracts, and the only one really bombed out was Sakho who seemed to be one of our few with a bit of dog about him. 

• Upvote 3

Its a fucking shit article. If reade thinks Klopp is being all nicey nicey to the players in private, he hasnt a fucking clue. Its the type of article a clueless hack would put out when a club is going seen to be going through a crisis, one which will get fans nodding in agreement while stroking their chin.

You only have to look at Klopp on the touchline when players arent doing what he wants to realise he is already 'bad klopp.'

This sentence "It’s time to stop playing Good Klopp and start playing Bad Klopp, before the only award they’re playing for again is the wooden spoon they hand out to the nice guys." is so full of shit and hyperbole, I dont know where to start.

Lovren! 

I'll say no more. The main thrust is spot on - we are too nice, and that runs through the whole team. A shit pass - clap intention, no fuck off! Scream and get angry stop the stupid cunt doing it again. Someone gets in your face - laugh and put the cunt in his place. 

Too soft, and we have been too soft for too long. 

• Upvote 1

Lovren! 

I'll say no more. The main thrust is spot on - we are too nice, and that runs through the whole team. A shit pass - clap intention, no fuck off! Scream and get angry stop the stupid cunt doing it again. Someone gets in your face - laugh and put the cunt in his place. 

Too soft, and we have been too soft for too long. 

Reade's probably got that article on a Word template. Just change the club and manager as needed and send to the sports editor.

People say we're too soft then go batshit crazy when we get mane sent off, for foot up, gomez sent off for 2 yellows and fouls given away in dangerous areas in the last few minutes of games.

Try defining for a player in a game when it's ok to be 'hard' and when it's not. We've lost 2 fucking games, one was a 10 v 11 and the other was, frankly, the lowest priority for us this season. You'd think we were in the middle of a 10 game losing streak.

Fuck knows how some are going to be if we ever got near that.

Reade's probably got that article on a Word template. Just change the club and manager as needed and send to the sports editor.

People say we're too soft then go batshit crazy when we get mane sent off, for foot up, gomez sent off for 2 yellows and fouls given away in dangerous areas in the last few minutes of games.

Try defining for a player in a game when it's ok to be 'hard' and when it's not. We've lost 2 fucking games, one was a 10 v 11 and the other was, frankly, the lowest priority for us this season. You'd think we were in the middle of a 10 game losing streak.

Fuck knows how some are going to be if we ever got near that.

Nah, sorry - you are confusing 'tackles' with being soft mentally which is the criticism. Hypia was one of the strongest players we have had, he didn't kick anyone. He was mentally strong and this is the mistake in linking yellow cards, etc to being mentally strong - they are not the same thing. I'd argue giving away free kicks and such like is more proof of a players lack of strength - so that argument about Gomez, Mane doesn't work. That isn't a sign of mental strength. 

Henderson is not being criticised for not tackling - he is being criticised for his lack of leadership and not being strong enough.  By that I mean - screaming at your team mates to stand up, and be strong, ensuring they concentrate and bollocking those that are not. Demanding the ball and doing something with it - driving forward, not being passive and giving it 5 yards backwards to Matip. This precedes Klopp, but he hasn't dealt with it. The fact that Henderson is still captain, Lovren still our main choice, Moreno still main choice left back, Can still first choice midfield. Give me a Haman and we'll be twatting Leicester on Saturday, without kicking them, without giving free kicks. 

Lovren is mentally one of the weakest players we have. He'll get stuck in, and tackle. But weak as fuck. It isn't an issue at the moment Jimmy, and the pressure as you say, is ridiculous. But that is the problem - we don't like pressure! 

• Upvote 1