You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yes, Labour is the party that needs real scrutiny at the moment.

Watched Faisel Islam on BBC the other day making the point its not just the markets that need stability it's the 2 million pensioners plus those worried about benefit cuts (because obviously if benefits and state pensions do not go up with inflation its a cut) .. He's right, people struggling on the breadline need and deserve assurance.  We've got 2 million pensioners living in poverty. We had a Marcus Rashford led revolt on kids school meals last year. I honestly cannot fathom why Labour wont commit to the triple lock, I find it bizarre. We've got one of the lowest benefit outlay in Europe and probably 90% of money outlayed in pensions/benefits is spent straight into the local community so helping the enhancement of growth. 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Watched Faisel Islam on BBC the other day making the point its not just the markets that need stability it's the 2 million pensioners plus those worried about benefit cuts (because obviously if benefits and state pensions do not go up with inflation its a cut) .. He's right, people struggling on the breadline need and deserve assurance.  We've got 2 million pensioners living in poverty. We had a Marcus Rashford led revolt on kids school meals last year. I honestly cannot fathom why Labour wont commit to the triple lock, I find it bizarre. We've got one of the lowest benefit outlay in Europe and probably 90% of money outlayed in pensions/benefits is spent straight into the local community so helping the enhancement of growth. 

I was talking to a Tory in London yesterday. He said "we just need some stability and have a PM who does nothing and we'll be fine". I looked at him and said "but what part of our economy today makes you think we can just do nothing? There are people starving and not putting their heating on because they can't afford it. The health service on the verge of collapse. strikes up and down the country and schools completely on their arses through 12 years of austerity". He replied "yeah, but at least the markets will be ok, at the moment we've got all that and the markets are fucked". They Tories have dragged us to the point of almost complete financial collapse and their supporters think it's all ok as long as we don't tip over the edge and they're alright. This GE can't come.soon enough..

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was talking to a Tory in London yesterday. He said "we just need some stability and have a PM who does nothing and we'll be fine". I looked at him and said "but what part of our economy today makes you think we can just do nothing? There are people starving and not putting their heating on because they can't afford it. The health service on the verge of collapse. strikes up and down the country and schools completely on their arses through 12 years of austerity". He replied "yeah, but at least the markets will be ok, at the moment we've got all that and the markets are fucked". They Tories have dragged us to the point of almost complete financial collapse and their supporters think it's all ok as long as we don't tip over the edge and they're alright. This GE can't come.soon enough..

Well if he wanted a pm who does nothing he must be cock a hoop with johnson

2 minutes ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

From almost everything I’ve read from you over the years.

So personal shit then..

Go on answer me one question Rocky do you think the Labour party should match Boris Johnson/Penny Mordaunt/Rhisi Sunak and voe to put state pension and benefits up in line with inflation?

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They're detached from reality. It's really bizarre to witness. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

So personal shit then..

Go on answer me one question Rocky do you think the Labour party should match Boris Johnson/Penny Mordaunt/Rhisi Sunak and voe to put state pension and benefits up in line with inflation?

Yes, soft lad I do. And they almost certainly will. Obviously.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

Yes, soft lad I do. And they almost certainly will. Obviously.

Well it wasn't that obvious to Lisa Nandy the other day soft lad, and i'd guess she's a little bit closer to Labour policy than a blert with a stupid Jimmy Cagney avatar on the Internet.

33 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well it wasn't that obvious to Lisa Nandy the other day soft lad, and i'd guess she's a little bit closer to Labour policy than a blert with a stupid Jimmy Cagney avatar on the Internet.

WOAH! 

Say what you like about this Rocky Sullivan, but don't knock Cagney!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fuck all stupid about Jimmy Cagney brother. Wash your mouth out.

The saving grace may be it is just too soon and even the tories after ousting him could not bring him back this soon

If they do though i can see enough of the absolute cunts that make up so much of Joe Public seeing it as the 'hero returns' and lapping it up - an early election is called he wins it and secures a brand new 5 year term for those rats.

An absolute nightmare.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

The saving grace may be it is just too soon and even the tories after ousting him could not bring him back this soon

If they do though i can see enough of the absolute cunts that make up so much of Joe Public seeing it as the 'hero returns' and lapping it up - an early election is called he wins it and secures a brand new 5 year term for those rats.

An absolute nightmare.

That's my fear. I hate that lying, lazy cunt with a vengeance.

• Upvote 1