You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He could get the support of Tory Party members, but I don't think he'd be generally popular with the electorate.  I suspect that even people who supported him in 2019 will have seen the shit he did when in power and will decide they've seen enough.

Sadly, I think you give your countrymen far too much credit mate.

The Bring Back Boris wankers are many already. It's scary actually and I think it also shows that a generation of Tory underfunding to education has come to fruition. Coupled to regular blasts of right wing media and their masterplan is laid bare.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He could get the support of Tory Party members, but I don't think he'd be generally popular with the electorate.  I suspect that even people who supported him in 2019 will have seen the shit he did when in power and will decide they've seen enough.

He didn't do as bad as expected in the locals did he,especially in the North?

It's a hard one to gauge but he does seem to retain a baffling level of support.

If his name goes to the members vote he wins. When he is PM most of the mp's that hate him and/or wrote the letters will keep their gobs shut, knowing full well an election now and they're fucked. They gambled getting someone else in in the summer would turn things around and lost. This is last chance saloon for them.

Don't underestimate what the threat of losing power and money does.

Putting morality to one side, realistically most Tory mp's will be thinking first and foremost of whether they can win their seat at the next election to keep a cosy, well-paid job. I am not aware of any recent polls pitting Johnson against the likes of Sunak and Mordaunt in a GE situation against Starmer, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't polling better numbers. Thus, I can't see him struggling to get 100 MP nominations or subsequently losing a members vote.

38 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Putting morality to one side, realistically most Tory mp's will be thinking first and foremost of whether they can win their seat at the next election to keep a cosy, well-paid job. I am not aware of any recent polls pitting Johnson against the likes of Sunak and Mordaunt in a GE situation against Starmer, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't polling better numbers. Thus, I can't see him struggling to get 100 MP nominations or subsequently losing a members vote.

Think there's a Yougov one released today showing the general public would vote for any of the others in the various head to heads.

42 minutes ago, sir roger said:

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

The mp for leigh (my mp) is a clear case of the tories shoving anyone up as they knew he wouldn't win. Then he did. The equivalent of applying for a promotion at work for a job out of your league for a laugh then somehow getting it

Yeah was saying before, my old boss is a labour MP and he said all the red wall tories are fucking bonkers, none of their own side can even be arsed with them.

William Hague is onboard then! 

Honestly, I hope he goes for it because somehow they're going to rip themselves apart even more if he does. I think they can relatively quietly transition to sunak or mordaunt. But the circus will just carry on if he tries to run and it will be even more destructive if he wins. And if he doesn't win, all the boris-ettes there'll be absolutely no consoling them, which will create more division in their ranks. You hate to see it, you really do. 

Screenshot_2022-10-21-19-40-17-54_1ae308150514d1cb8199a4603701c653.jpg

Boris Johnson would have shown some humility in saying as much as people want it, I’m not running. Instead the selfish egotistical wanker wants to feed his big face and ruin the country and his political party plus his own future.

He puts the cunt in country.

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

He didn't do as bad as expected in the locals did he,especially in the North?

It's a hard one to gauge but he does seem to retain a baffling level of support.

I watch those voxpop things they do on news programmes and despair of people, ‘Boris…he got the big calls right’

He’s a nasty, self serving, lying, idle piece of work 

1 minute ago, Champ said:

I watch those voxpop things they do on news programmes and despair of people, ‘Boris…he got the big calls right’

He’s a nasty, self serving, lying, idle piece of work 

Despite having the highest death toll in Europe and billions of pounds of borrowed public cash just gone, yeah, he did a great job.

For the sake of your mental health, avoid voxpops, particularly on the bbc. There were some on the radio news today, and every single one was pro Johnson. Agenda driven shite.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Despite having the highest death toll in Europe and billions of pounds of borrowed public cash just gone, yeah, he did a great job.

For the sake of your mental health, avoid voxpops, particularly on the bbc. There were some on the radio news today, and every single one was pro Johnson. Agenda driven shite.

• Upvote 2