You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Was in a pub in st Ives by Cambridge and I was playing Pool against some of the locals, they said "our mates a scouser, he'll be here soon, he said he's from a dead hard area there but I can't remember which one" he turns up and he says he was from Aughton not far from Ormskirk, he was quite embarrassed and I told his mates it was a nice little village and not the ghetto he was making it out to be. They seemed quite pissed off that he'd built himself up as a hard case.

Was in two minds as where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. Seeing as this is about Scousers' date=' I decided to put it in here but was tempted to put it in the Jimmy Savile thread. What is it Freddie Starr is trying to keep quiet ? I always had him down as a bender.

Anyone shed any light on this ?

[b']Starr loses court injunction bid[/b]

A High Court judge has refused to continue an injunction granted to comedian Freddie Starr to prevent publication of what he says is a libellous allegation.

No details of the allegation were revealed during the ruling given by Mr Justice Tugendhat after a hearing in London.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said the case did not relate to confidential information, but to "words which are alleged to be libellous".

He stressed that it was his intention that his judgment "should not undermine any remedy the claimant may have relating to the matters in question in this case".

The original order made against 11 print and media organisations referred to the fact that Mr Starr was "seeking to prevent a false allegation being published".

The court heard that a letter had been sent to news organisations on behalf of the 69-year-old celebrity stating that he "categorically" denied the allegation, for which there was "absolutely no foundation".

He said: "I am informed that the allegation has not in fact been published by any of these defendants. The upshot is that, as it seems to me, there wasn't any evidence of intention by any of these defendants to commit an unlawful act and in so far as I am told by counsel for the defendants they represent, they would in any event only intend to publish an allegation which they considered they were in a position to defend, whether by justification or any other defence."

The judge announced that the application "must fail".

In conclusion he emphasised: "Nothing in this judgment is intended, or will affect, the rights of the claimant in the event that anyone should choose to publish anything about this case."

A spokeswoman for ITV News said: "ITV News and others have overturned an injunction obtained by Freddie Starr against 11 news organisations."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/uk-world-news/2012/10/04/starr-loses-court-injunction-bid-100252-31969358/

In the Mirror today there was a story about a popular star of the 80's who allegedly was having sex with an under-age girl in a dressing room he was sharing with Jimmy Savile & Gary Glitter.

Obviously putting 2 and 2 together without any proof, but it looks like Freddie may have outed himself.

Got friends who live there aswell,the point was it sounds like Silverlining was 16in the 70s and lived in Netheton and if you won the pools in them days you used to move up the ladder to ainsdale,just a joke.

I was making a similar point in that its still like winning the pools to live there now compared to most places in this area.

I'm surprised at that. I always read your posts in a thick scouse accent.

The thought now that you probably spend your weekends at either town hall community meetings or farmer Teds, seriously damages your Internet persona.

my 2 fave posters cant squabble. please. none of us are wools so dont. erm, hang on, magic???? whereabouts are u from liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid???? (plz lie if ure a wool)

I think its hilarious when someone gets on to your accent on holiday and starts giving it the big ''Alright mate I'm a scouser too ya know'' and after doing your tits in for a week it turns out there from Ellesmere Port !!

hahaha,had a fella onto me in sunny beach years ago, and his bird walked up , wool as fuck and said 'why are u tryin to be scouse yer nobhead' haha. i spat in my all inclusive pink n orange special plastic cup and walked off. he was from parr and wanted to be a scouser.

twats

I live around the corner from where that was. Shame someone had to shot point blank in the face whilst waiting at the bar.

not unknown round ours though eh mate. your ex army eh? any chance you know james platt? lad from prekky, bluenose but a fuckin top lad ???? on the off chance like mate

Some scally lad who worked as an admin officer on my team asked me if I met any scousers when I went to Brazil and Argentina because he said "you always meet scousers on holiday". He thinks that being a scousers is the biggest privilege anyone can have in life.

Melons and I have just got back from a week in a very rural area of France. We'd taken the kids to a chateau, and being France, it was shut for lunch. By 2 o'clock there was a small handful of French people waiting outside for it to reopen. Up the hill walks this couple in their 20s with a young kid. The woman is orange with long, straight black hair wearing a maxi dress with jewelled sandals and big sunglasses. I thought "Bloody hell, that French bird looks a bit scouse". The next second, the lad opened his mouth and "Eyyy maytttttte, wha' tttime duss irropen?"

I think its hilarious when someone gets on to your accent on holiday and starts giving it the big ''Alright mate I'm a scouser too ya know'' and after doing your tits in for a week it turns out there from Ellesmere Port !!

There is a metal band from Ellsmere Port called Carcer City.

They promote themselves as 'Scouse Metal'.

Fucking dicks.

It is a bad accent. I'm not ashamed of it but it is pretty bad. I don't know why people would want to replicate it and put it on so thickly.

The worst is when it is on TV and for some reason the sound tends to make it seem even stronger. Either that, or when the TV folks come to Liverpool for something they always seem to pick out the mongiest people. Wouldn't put it past them.

he was born in huyton wasnt he?

I was born in Sefton, parents moved to Netherton, then lived in glorious Formby from ages 4 to about 16, moved to Birkdale, parents now in Ainsdale.

so what does that make me?

*waits glumly for inevitable abuse*

Ahhh suddenly it all makes sense.

Got friends who live there aswell,the point was it sounds like Silverlining was 16in the 70s and lived in Netheton and if you won the pools in them days you used to move up the ladder to ainsdale,just a joke.

I was born in the 70s, but i suppose my parents did move further away to nicer areas and bigger houses, in line with my Dad earning more money in his job.

Sadly, he never did win the pools, but he sometimes does the lottery, bless him.