You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I enjoy meeting people off here, you realise that whilst they post like an utter arse they're actually rather lovely. The sad thing is we all live so far apart we don't get together often enough.

I never in my life would have thought posting on a forum almost 4 years ago would result in me meeting some of the best mates I have today.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy meeting people off here, you realise that whilst they post like an utter arse they're actually rather lovely. The sad thing is we all live so far apart we don't get together often enough.

I never in my life would have thought posting on a forum almost 4 years ago would result in me meeting some of the best mates I have today.

Apart from when you have to sit beside one of them the day after Paddys Day and they are in a horrible place!

Met quite a few at the F*lham m*tch last year, got to stand next to RobbieOR in the away end so I'm glad I didn't call him a cunt before leaving the boozer that Mark (liverpool lad) had laid on for us... two pounds sterling for a pint.

Had nice chat with tokyojoe about Belgian colonial policy.

Also met melons and cursed myself that I didn't bring my tent and Hibachi BBQ, my dream of her and I doing a camping version of Long Way Round in tatters; visions of Hibachi-ing whatever we could forage on the Mongolian plain, swilling vodka in Siberia burning jack pine and spruce to keep the mosquitoes away. Oh well, the consulation was pints in the Flat Iron and contributed my spare change to Alder Hey I think in one of those collection buckets so I saved some little Scousers.

I've yet to meet TomR but am deathly afraid of bumming and also a couple trips over had my daughter in tow so no way was I letting Tom near her.

Pretty sure I've been on train track that Stu has fixed so I do feel like I have a connection with him.

Also recall some great Jay Cutler banter in an Edwardian Liverpool pub between myself, daveu and RK. Or maybe it was just a dream.

Karl b is a top bloke and his lass is lovely.

A lovely evening.

By the way there was a factual inaccuracy, he was third person i have met off here, Josef Svejk being the second after Lancy shants.

I was reminded of this as we ate a mountain of food at a bar called Soldaten Svejk.

Apart from when you have to sit beside one of them the day after Paddys Day and they are in a horrible place!

I don't think i've ever known you to be so quiet, ever. Didn't you carry on drinking after the match?

Met quite a few at the F*lham m*tch last year, got to stand next to RobbieOR in the away end so I'm glad I didn't call him a cunt before leaving the boozer that Mark (liverpool lad) had laid on for us... two pounds sterling for a pint.

Had nice chat with tokyojoe about Belgian colonial policy.

Also met melons and cursed myself that I didn't bring my tent and Hibachi BBQ, my dream of her and I doing a camping version of Long Way Round in tatters; visions of Hibachi-ing whatever we could forage on the Mongolian plain, swilling vodka in Siberia burning jack pine and spruce to keep the mosquitoes away. Oh well, the consulation was pints in the Flat Iron and contributed my spare change to Alder Hey I think in one of those collection buckets so I saved some little Scousers.

I've yet to meet TomR but am deathly afraid of bumming and also a couple trips over had my daughter in tow so no way was I letting Tom near her.

Pretty sure I've been on train track that Stu has fixed so I do feel like I have a connection with him.

I'

Also recall some great Jay Cutler banter in an Edwardian Liverpool pub between myself, daveu and RK. Or maybe it was just a dream.

*crosses legs*

Awesome foreplay, that.

I met cain,woo,cains mum and dad (kidney)in o neills last year,all very nice people

I am just about to leave sunny Halewood to meet up with some of my associates and have a pub crawl of the hostelries of Dale street,the highlight of which shall be several pints of reverend james in the Vernon.