You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Well, then neither are the Euros or the League of Nations. By that criterion the only world class event is the world cup itself.

The Copa America lacks the minnows that those other competitions throw out - Liechenstein, Montengro, San Marino, et. al. All the CA teams are tough - Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile all are on equal footing and world cup contenders every four years. If Suarez hadn't bitten himself out who knows?

I look forward to the CA because every game is rooted in national sporting pride and it comes out on the pitch. Great tournament.

Easily my favourite international tournament. As you say, no shit teams and all the games played at high intensity.

Well, then neither are the Euros or the League of Nations. By that criterion the only world class event is the world cup itself.

I didn't mention International football though, you mentioned the Copa being a World Class event, to which I disagreed, and Sanchez leading Chile to it. I've never watched the Copa, I'm not arsed about the World Cup or The Euros either, I take a passing interest. I dislike International football intensely, bores the shit out of me. To me, international football does not define a World Class player, it's what they do at their clubs for the other 10 months of the year that defines it, playing at the top level, consistently. Which is something Sanchez has failed to do. There is no doubt he's a very good player & Wish he'd have come here. World Class players in that position don't score 1 goal in the League in nearly 6 months.

But you'd rather have the boring dinosaurs of arsenal winning the league instead of Leicester so we don't get embarrassed?

no. I started my post saying I want them to win it. I'm just saying the other teams in the league including ourselves spending shitloads more should feel embarrassed