You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Anyone who is on the ‘FSG IN’ wagon at this point needs a word with themselves. There’s a lot worse owners around but fiscally conservative owners who stand to make an absolute fortune from selling us need to fuck off now. It’s fair enough wanting a return on your investment but at least move with the times and invest appropriately. Don’t be sports team owners if you can’t let the romance of legacy and glory in to the boardroom. Mingebag cunts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moo said:

So there's no in-between what we do and what City do. Right okay, if you say so.

And when that in-between as you put it doesn't work, and it won't while FFP is broken what then, change of owners, change of manager?

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Are you ten? Seriously? Are you unable to comprehend being able to buy players without matching the sports washers? This just shows your lack of maturity, your arguments fall flat. No one has ever asked for that kind of spend, just that we get the players we need to make the on field plans work. 

yeah its all roses after yesterday but we have a weak as piss squad that will be stretched in the coming months.

We've just bid a club record what the fuck more do you want.

You want to compete at the top against clubs that are richer than us in a fucking system that is utterly broken.

Exactly how much do you expect FSG to put in our pockets every summer to stay at the top?

9 hours ago, Dicko said:

We've just bid a club record what the fuck more do you want.

You want to compete at the top against clubs that are richer than us in a fucking system that is utterly broken.

And? Do you want me to give them a medal? The fact remains we didn’t get the player, we failed.

If everything’s fucked they’d better sell up and we’d better not bother trying then if that’s the attitude. 

Again your argument falls flat because Jurgen has already proved he can beat guardiola without extensive spending, but he can’t beat him with the bare minimum approach which is what we are witnessing and why we finished fifth.

5 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And? Do you want me to give them a medal? The fact remains we didn’t get the player, we failed.

If everything’s fucked they’d better sell up and we’d better not bother trying then if that’s the attitude. 

Again your argument falls flat because Jurgen has already proved he can beat guardiola without extensive spending, but he can’t beat him with the bare minimum approach which is what we are witnessing and why we finished fifth.

We spent £136m last season, we've spent £111m this season add another £111m on to that had we bought Caicedo. And we are building a new stand.

We are doing what we always have, you just can't get it through your skull that other teams are now bankrolled by states and it's much tougher.

Why the fuck do you think FSG are looking for new investment/owners?

25 minutes ago, Dicko said:

We spent £136m last season, we've spent £111m this season add another £111m on to that had we bought Caicedo. And we are building a new stand.

We are doing what we always have, you just can't get it through your skull that other teams are now bankrolled by states and it's much tougher.

Why the fuck do you think FSG are looking for new investment/owners?

Hmm your maths is a bit off.

We spent 113m this summer and recouped 51m

Last year we spent 117m and recouped 70m or thereabouts.

Thats not the same thing is it?

They want investment because they don't want to spend either their own money or put the club in debt. The more debt we are in, the less they get if they were to walk away and they may want to sell at the drop of a hat. They are simply protecting their bottom line. it has nothing to do with being run sustainably, its everything to do with protecting the stakeholders assets.

They've used money that could have been used for transfers on the stadium and facilities which should have come from their own pockets or loaned at a longer rate, but they made sure the club paid it back quickly to themselves.

To be honest, you are beyond help. The mere fact you are blaming other teams spending is moot. As I said with some above average investment Jurgen has proved he can compete and the years leading up to our title and CL wins we spent fairly well and bought a good few players on average per window, which has slowly over time become a 1 in 1 out policy (in fact this summer its been the opposite) and sell to buy.

Its not good enough.

I find it amazing some supporters can't see it, even the most laid back reds I know have had enough of FSG this closed season. You can argue about the maths all you like but those of you still in FSG's corner need to look at how poorly they've done even just approaching players for this season.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I find it amazing some supporters can't see it, even the most laid back reds I know have had enough of FSG this closed season. You can argue about the maths all you like but those of you still in FSG's corner need to look at how poorly they've done even just approaching players for this season.

You want to see some of the shower on RAWK. Condescending and smug doesn't even begin to describe some of them with this ownerships actions, they can do no wrong. The bar is so low on expectations its through the floor.

58 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I find it really odd, especially those who seek to spread the blame around to include Klopp as well.  The man is not perfect, no. But if we work on the assumption that he has not gone looking for more "power" and doesn't particularly enjoy it (and everything we know about him would back this up) then whichever way you slice it the blame falls squarely on FSGs sloped shoulders. Whether it's not providing sufficient financial resources (I believe this 100% to be the case) or not providing adequate human resources within the recruitment team, that is on FSG.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moo said:

I find it really odd, especially those who seek to spread the blame around to include Klopp as well.  The man is not perfect, no. But if we work on the assumption that he has not gone looking for more "power" and doesn't particularly enjoy it (and everything we know about him would back this up) then whichever way you slice it the blame falls squarely on FSGs sloped shoulders. Whether it's not providing sufficient financial resources (I believe this 100% to be the case) or not providing sufficient human resources within the recruitment team, that is on FSG.

Its become a multi faceted problem.

I think Jurgen is partly to blame, but like you he's a victim of circumstance.

I think currently we have Jurgen who is far more involved with transfers than he should be, probably being picky, and then not having a strong DOF and recruitment team driving things and giving him options and removing some of the weight, and to top that off we have stingy, tight owners who are looking after their bottom line and imposing very strict parameters around purchases.

Its no wonder we have only sorted out three deals with two of them being buyouts.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I think currently we have Jurgen who is far more involved with transfers than he should be, probably being picky, and then not having a strong DOF and recruitment team driving things and giving him options and removing some of the weight, and to top that off we have stingy, tight owners who are looking after their bottom line and imposing very strict parameters around purchases.

Its no wonder we have only sorted out three deals with two of them being buyouts.

23 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Hmm your maths is a bit off.

We spent 113m this summer and recouped 51m

Last year we spent 117m and recouped 70m or thereabouts.

Thats not the same thing is it?

They want investment because they don't want to spend either their own money or put the club in debt. The more debt we are in, the less they get if they were to walk away and they may want to sell at the drop of a hat. They are simply protecting their bottom line. it has nothing to do with being run sustainably, its everything to do with protecting the stakeholders assets.

They've used money that could have been used for transfers on the stadium and facilities which should have come from their own pockets or loaned at a longer rate, but they made sure the club paid it back quickly to themselves.

To be honest, you are beyond help. The mere fact you are blaming other teams spending is moot. As I said with some above average investment Jurgen has proved he can compete and the years leading up to our title and CL wins we spent fairly well and bought a good few players on average per window, which has slowly over time become a 1 in 1 out policy (in fact this summer its been the opposite) and sell to buy.

Its not good enough.

Oh my god that is literally what would have happened had they built us a new ground.

As long as the purchase price was not on the club no one was arsed.

Since they've been here from day one they've been open about LFC looking after itself.

44 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And so it begins.

A season of no trophies and you'll be saying Jurgen has taken us as far as he can.

Nothing fucking changes.

56 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You want to see some of the shower on RAWK. Condescending and smug doesn't even begin to describe some of them with this ownerships actions, they can do no wrong. The bar is so low on expectations its through the floor.

.Irony has just committed suicide.

4 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Oh my god that is literally what would have happened had they built us a new ground.

As long as the purchase price was not on the club no one was arsed.

Since they've been here from day one they've been open about LFC looking after itself.

You posted spend but omitted the actual sales because you wanted to make them look better than they are.

They were contractually obliged to build the new stand as part of their purchase of the club and the club itself should not have paid for it.