You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

13 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Selling players who have not started league games for us is also good. Sell to buy is what we are but at least this time we spent first, which I think is all the majority of us wanted.

When we're getting decent prices for Lovren, Hoever, Solanke, etc. I'm OK with "sell to buy".

When we got a massive price for Coutinho and then invested it so well, I'm OK with it then, too.

If you do it properly, "sell to buy" is easily preferable to bankrupting the club or cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

So these "respected" journalists continue to show themselves as nothing of the sort and they're nothing but propaganda merchants. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of your gripes with FSG is that they have the media operating as shrills? What is the issue with that?

• Upvote 1

To be honest, Im not arsed whether we sell to buy, buy then sell or just splash the cash. We used to get rinsed when selling anyone, we dont anymore. We used to buy a few duds as well, we've done very well in that respect since we had a manager who is comfortable working with that model. We still operate a transfer committee. Even Jurgen had to be convinced to buy Mo.

FSG are the figurehead but the club is run pretty much hands off from Boston and all but the very major decisions left to those running the club in England. Ive no proof but I suspect Peter Moore is the one who OK'd the furlough debacle and that is probably why his contract isnt being renewed.

Sure, they've made some mistakes, some of them quite spectacular as well. But if you have the mansour \ abramovic model, how long do you think Jurgen would have lasted losing 3 finals on the trot? Im not sure mansour \ abramovic with their model would have given Jurgen the time to get within 1 point of city never mind win it last year.

17 minutes ago, No2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of your gripes with FSG is that they have the media operating as shrills? What is the issue with that?

I don't care what fsg do to journalists, I think there is no longer quality journalism - and not just sport, even the political editor of the BBC is in Johnson's and Cummings' pocket. I've.made this point many times on here and the GF. I do care about the LFC fans who lap it up though. Especially when I'm supposedly the stupid one for not believing these "credible" journalists. They're not credible at all. Like many of us said it was inconceivable there was no money to support klopp and digging out accounts from before we'd won a trophy under klopp supposedly supported those arguments was just mental. As I said all along, too many of our fans can't wait to queue up and apologise for these owners.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I said all along, too many of our fans can't wait to queue up and apologise for these owners.

Unless there are issues like obscene ticket prices or staff being furloughed, then supporters, rightly, take them to task. 

But that’s conveniently forgotten about...

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No, I honestly, genuinely, 110% want to hear your opinions on it.

We both agree FSG we’re wrong in these instances but I’d like to hear how supporters didn’t challenge FSG?

There's no point in discussing with you. You're blinded by them. I'm genuinely not interested any more in engaging with where the owners are concerned any more because you're told what to think by James Pearce and the rest of them and have no interest in thinking beyond that. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't care what fsg do to journalists, I think there is no longer quality journalism - and not just sport, even the political editor of the BBC is in Johnson's and Cummings' pocket. I've.made this point many times on here and the GF. I do care about the LFC fans who lap it up though. Especially when I'm supposedly the stupid one for not believing these "credible" journalists. They're not credible at all. Like many of us said it was inconceivable there was no money to support klopp and digging out accounts from before we'd won a trophy under klopp supposedly supported those arguments was just mental. As I said all along, too many of our fans can't wait to queue up and apologise for these owners.

So its not an issue at all but appears to dominate this thread. FSG have have the LFC reporting media in their pockets for 3 years, this is excellent management, the fact that it gets to you that some supporter's lap it up is on you not them.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's no point in discussing with you. You're blinded by them. I'm genuinely not interested any more in engaging with where the owners are concerned any more because you're told what to think by James Pearce and the rest of them and have no interest in thinking beyond that. 

You can’t discuss supporters challenging them on those issues because you know as well as I do, supporters challenged them and won. 

I’ve clearly posted in the last couple of days my thoughts. I’d suggest I’m not the the blinded by stuff. Credit where it’s due, criticism where it’s due. I’ve done both, you only criticise. 

When they’ve delivered the European Cup, Premiership, a world class squad & coaching staff, made improvements to the stadium (with more to come) and are reactive to supporters criticisms (granted it shouldn’t come to that in the first place but at least they fix it) then I’m not sure what else you want. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Deffo. Klopp now has 3 players he wanted, I think that's what we all wanted to see, the manager supported. And I would still expect us to break even fee wise at the end of it, the last panic part of the window is to come. But I'm less worried about that than I was this idea the sales had to become before any purchases. It seems once there's been some strong interest in some of our fringe players, we've been brave enough to pull the trigger. I wouldn't even be surprised if we haven't got some sort of algorithm for measuring the number of enquiries for players with likely outcome. 

Yup. Nothing too wrong with sell to buy. The real problem is sell before you buy. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You can’t discuss supporters challenging them on those issues because you know as well as I do, supporters challenged them and won. 

I’ve clearly posted in the last couple of days my thoughts. I’d suggest I’m not the the blinded by stuff. Credit where it’s due, criticism where it’s due. I’ve done both, you only criticise. 

When they’ve delivered the European Cup, Premiership, a world class squad & coaching staff, made improvements to the stadium (with more to come) and are reactive to supporters criticisms (granted it shouldn’t come to that in the first place but at least they fix it) then I’m not sure what else you want. 

If you're somebody who jumps to negativity and tries to manufacture hatred and negativity in everything because of your inherent bias, anyone who is objective seems like a blinded defender. That's where Wom is, he just hates them. Fair enough. I'll judge each action. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

If you're somebody who jumps to negativity and tries to manufacture hatred and negativity in everything because of your inherent bias, anyone who is objective seems like a blinded defender. That's where Wom is, he just hates them. Fair enough. I'll judge each action. 

Let’s hope to fuck Werner doesn’t score today because no doubt that’ll be FSG’s fault as well...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I hope Tom Werner doesn't score with Linda. It's bad news when the owners are fighting. 

Allegedly he's already been there. A bit like Zaha sticking it to moyses daughter, and especially Verthongen going balls deep on Eriksens wife. Also Slabhead giving it to his sister or was it some Albanians I forgot.

For what it's worth and however much people value my experience on matters such as these, selling LFC would make absolutely no sense for FSG from an investment perspective. I do not anticipate them to sell us, barring a multibillionaire (sheik, oligarch, etc.) coming in with a $2-3bn+ offer.

FFP being shown up as a facade would have really stung them as if it hadn't, it would have legitimized and ratified their management approach on a day-to-day. We are, as a club, a model example of FFP. 

However, that is small fry in comparison to where premier league football is going to go. The new models of content consumption and the inflation of the value of that content means we are literally nowhere fucking near the peak of the 'TV Money' we'll see. The China deal that's currently going tits up is a recent example, but the future is a Netflix-esque subscription model for the PL, which is already somewhat in play over here in the states with Peacock (exclusive rights to all PL matches). FSG are front and center as the owners of one of the two most marketable and successful football clubs in the biggest league in the world.

In reality the owners have already generated about 70% of the alpha they'll see on their initial investment, so I understand why people may think they'll sell. They won't actively want to anytime soon though, because (i) that additional 30% is still real money that would be stupid to leave on the table and (ii) I believe they truly enjoy the vanity-aspect of being sports owners, and thus they do have a passion to be football club owners. But if somebody offered $2-3bn for Liverpool, I think they would sell and find another club to repeat what they've done here.

FSG aren't here for the YoY profit (there is none in football), but the asset-growth over time. They want to win trophies, but they won't sacrifice the financial strength of their asset to do that. If their recruitment after Klopp leaves is not as brilliant as hiring him was (which, IMO, will be near on impossible), we will see us revert to what 28m net spend per season gets us - and it usually isn't back to back CL and PL trophy wins. 

• Upvote 1