You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grim realisation.

a stoner

Today it dawned on me that we are at our lowest ebb.

Yes we won silverware this year and yes we are going to have some form of euro football again next season, but, and it's a big but, with what team and which manager?

We are consistantly fielding a team that doesn't give a flying fuck if they are playing in OUR red shirt or any other shirt. We have consistantly thrown away games we should have won and played so badly at times we have made relegation fodder wins they shouldn't have got.

We are looking more and more likely to finish below the shites across the park, which is depressing in itself, and we deserve to be there too.

Although KD has worked wonders for us in the past he just doesn't seem to be able to do it now but who would come here?

We have been through some tough times and we all thought they might be behind us but it really doesn't look that way or that they will be in the forseeable future.

Today it dawned on me from reading posts like this that at least 70% of our so-called suporters have no patience, no real love for the club, no idea what it stands for, and no clue about what it takes to be a Red. A proper Red. It's absolutely shameful.

Let's sack Kenny, get rid of Henderson and Carroll, get Mourinho in, sign Messi, Iniesta, I want it and I want it NOW and blah, blah, fucking blah.

You all think you know better don't you...

Well, here's some advice for any gobshite who agrees with that opening post: go press the red button on your Sky remote, then shove it as far up your silly young disrespectful arses as it will possibly go. Then, when it's gone as far as it can, push it a little further.

I don't often post on here because, I've said before, most times what I want to say gets covered by someone else and I don't clog the debate. However, the dickheads are now firmly in the ascendancy at what has sadly become Bellend Central and I've had enough.

This is in no way in disrespect to Dave and all the great work he does and any other good lads and lasses out there, but I'm off to support my club and I won't be back.

I suspect I won't be missed.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
The trick with managerial appointments is to spot what they are about to do - not what they have done ( see Shanks/Fagan/Paisley and KK first time around).

And you seriously think Martinez does that? Seriously?

And you seriously think Martinez does that? Seriously?

Martinez is not my choice, and not someone whom I have mentioned.

A Martinez/Benitez appoinment would be interesting though.

The uncomfortable "grim reality" is that we are no longer shopping at the top table for managers, we are now best for someone who is on their way up, with something to prove - and that may be a good thing.

Today it dawned on me from reading posts like this that at least 70% of our so-called suporters have no patience, no real love for the club, no idea what it stands for, and no clue about what it takes to be a Red. A proper Red. It's absolutely shameful.

Let's sack Kenny, get rid of Henderson and Carroll, get Mourinho in, sign Messi, Iniesta, I want it and I want it NOW and blah, blah, fucking blah.

Well, here's some advice for any gobshite who agrees with that opening post: go press the red button on your Sky remote, then shove it as far up your silly young disrespectful arses as it will possibly go. Then, when it's gone as far as it can, push it a little further.

I don't often post on here because, I've said before, most times what I want to say gets covered by someone else and I don't clog the debate. However, the dickheads are now firmly in the ascendancy at what has sadly become Bellend Central and I've had enough.

This is in no way in disrespect to Dave and all the great work he does and any other good lads and lasses out there, but I'm off to support my club and I won't be back.

Great post and hits the nail squarely on the head!

You need to stick around we need more common sense posters not less!

Guest San Don
Martinez is not my choice, and not someone whom I have mentioned.

A Martinez/Benitez appoinment would be interesting though.

The uncomfortable "grim reality" is that we are no longer shopping at the top table for managers, we are now best for someone who is on their way up, with something to prove - and that may be a good thing.

Why would it be interesting? And who'd be the manager?

Today it dawned on me from reading posts like this that at least 70% of our so-called suporters have no patience, no real love for the club, no idea what it stands for, and no clue about what it takes to be a Red. A proper Red. It's absolutely shameful.etc

Ater two decades without a league title, and of stadium inertia, I hardly think you can accuse our support of impatience - we are still the second best supported English club of all time by average attendance and the ninth richest club in Europe because of that support.

What the Club needs is a visionary to define the 21st Century LFC, not a trip down Memory Lane.

Skrtel will be a starter, as he and his family are settled. Lucas is on target for full fitness, and Agger, surely, is Liverpool through and through?

This club has great talent coming through the ranks. Sterling, Pacheco are both possibilities that could be brought through the ranks next season.

I never expected a thing from Liverpool this season, so I'm chuffed to have some silverware in the cabinet, and ok, we were beaten to the F.A. Cup but made three Wembley appearances, and we showed more often than not, that we can play good football. If our finishing matches our football next season, then a better League placing is not unrealistic.

Ater two decades without a league title, and of stadium inertia, I hardly think you can accuse our support of impatience - we are still the second best supported English club of all time by average attendance and the ninth richest club in Europe because of that support.

What the Club needs is a visionary to define the 21st Century LFC, not a trip down Memory Lane.

I think the sort of impatience that's being talked about here is the type that declares the Lucas "Will never be good enough to play for Liverpool" only to see his absence through injury now be offered up as the reason we've been so poor.

The sort that declares Andy Carroll a "Carthorse not worth £3.5 Mill" only to be seen now as one of the brighter points of this season.

Why would it be interesting? And who'd be the manager?

It would not be my first choice ,San Don.

I simply make the point that Benitez' knowledge of structurally how big clubs are succesful, and Martinez' youthful aspiring enthusiasm is a fit, combined with a Spanish mentality which has made Spain World and Euro champions and has served us well here in recent years.

Kenny first time around here was surrounded by knowledgeable staff, at Blackburn Ray Harford would speak his mind as Terry Mac did at Newcastle ( as well as giving him a dig in five a sides!).Interestingly when he paired up with the supine Digger at Celtic, it all unravelled. At all clubs there was a Board who was vastly knowledgeable on the game.

The problem for FSG is that Kenny is someone that few have the credentials to manage as DOF, and that as DOF himself, he lacks Euro management experience. Yet it is wrong to leave him exposed as he now is. there is no easy solution.

What the fuck are you talking about? Should we never question the team? The players? The manager? The owners? This is our fucking club. We love it dearly and want it to do well. Nothing in the post you highlighted disrespects anybody.

People who think Kenny should go are saying so fairly. Its the people who will never consider that who are being disrespectful. Kenny Daglish isn't a fucking minor. He would want to be treated fairly, equally, not as some charity case. I love the man but he, like every other man or woman on this earth, will have flaws and will make mistakes. I willed him with everything to succeed here but so far he hasn't.

You carry on being "a proper red". Welcome to the legion of superfans. I'd rather be a "rational red". Kenny will always be a legend in my eyes. But this club didn't get win as much as it has with just sentiment. Maybe you, and some other posters, should start treating our club with a bit more respect.

Something is about to happen, FSG haven't sacked Comolli for no reason and I can't imagine they have abandoned their model of a director of football so there will be an appointment at the end of the season.

Whether that is a whole new management team remains to be seen but we should know pretty soon now.

I think the sort of impatience that's being talked about here is the type that declares the Lucas "Will never be good enough to play for Liverpool" only to see his absence through injury now be offered up as the reason we've been so poor.

The sort that declares Andy Carroll a "Carthorse not worth £3.5 Mill" only to be seen now as one of the brighter points of this season.

What a load of rubbish.

You cannot group the two together. Anybody with half a brain-cell could see that Lucas was a talented player. Those same people also look at Henderson and Downing and think they are shite. They would be right on both occasions.

Patience doesn't equate to blind faith.

You ignored most of what the OP was saying and exaggerated it into a Sky generation sweeping statement. That's even less objective than what the negative posters have been saying. He was criticising the players who look as if they don't give a toss. Maybe you are happy with their lack of effort but to criticise them isn't treason.

Therefore, it's not a "top post" as someone said - it's just a lazy, abusive outburst. And you can maybe pull the sky remote out of your own arse, and maybe a reasoned argument before you start slagging off 70% of the fans

What a load of rubbish.

You cannot group the two together. Anybody with half a brain-cell could see that Lucas was a talented player. Those same people also look at Henderson and Downing and think they are shite. They would be right on both occasions.

Patience doesn't equate to blind faith.

Cool your beans fella - I'm not grouping them both together - I pointing at the ONE thing that's common between both. The FANS Opinion. Fans opinion stated that Lucas would NEVER be good enough for Liverpool, Fans opinion now is that Henderson will NEVER be good enough for Liverpool.

Cool your beans fella - I'm not grouping them both together - I pointing at the ONE thing that's common between both. The FANS Opinion. Fans opinion stated that Lucas would NEVER be good enough for Liverpool, Fans opinion now is that Henderson will NEVER be good enough for Liverpool.

True - it's too early to write him off. He needs to impose himself more and start making tackles. He could improve a lot with Lucas and another, more aggressive CM alonside him

It would not be my first choice ,San Don.

I simply make the point that Benitez' knowledge of structurally how big clubs are succesful, and Martinez' youthful aspiring enthusiasm is a fit, combined with a Spanish mentality which has made Spain World and Euro champions and has served us well here in recent years.

Kenny first time around here was surrounded by knowledgeable staff, at Blackburn Ray Harford would speak his mind as Terry Mac did at Newcastle ( as well as giving him a dig in five a sides!).Interestingly when he paired up with the supine Digger at Celtic, it all unravelled. At all clubs there was a Board who was vastly knowledgeable on the game.

The problem for FSG is that Kenny is someone that few have the credentials to manage as DOF, and that as DOF himself, he lacks Euro management experience. Yet it is wrong to leave him exposed as he now is. there is no easy solution.

The point about Benitez is he can only work with himself because he feels he is always going to do it better than anyone else.He falls out with everyone he works with over time.This isnt anti Rafa-just a comment.We did used to moan at Rafa if we were out the title race by January not the race for 4th at that stage of the season!If he is an option it is not in partnership.

I didn't say I want Kenny gone and I want this or that.

All I want is the players laying in our shirt to look like they want to be here and play with some passion. We keep hearing how we will learn from this and from that but nothing changes. Same lazy performances, same too little too late games we either lose or draw and far too many excuses from too many people.

I can't see FSG standing for the end of their first full season in ownership finishing lower than before they took over the club and I'm sure they will have some sort of contigency plan for the events that have taken us to where we are.

To all those calling, no, screaming for Benitez to be given a second chance he only won 4 peices of silverware during his tenure all in the first 2 years. Other than nearly winning the CL a second time and nearly winning the premiership it wasn't that spectacular.

I don't have an answer to any of this and I didn't ask who should be the next manager, I asked who would come here as a manager. That is an unaswerable question.

I don't want quick fixes that end up running out of steam, I want a stable, reliable, passionate team that understands how we, the fans, love the club and they ,as players, love playing for us. Get that right and the wins will come.

To all those calling, no, screaming for Benitez to be given a second chance he only won 4 peices of silverware during his tenure all in the first 2 years. Other than nearly winning the CL a second time and nearly winning the premiership it wasn't that spectacular.

Yes because nearly winning the League and nearly winning the European Cup is a piece of piss isn't it.

Doing it all the while the most insidious & cancerous threat this club has ever had the misfortune to witness manifested itself during his final years.

I take my hat off to you.

That might be one of the stupidest posts I've ever witnessed on a forum.

Mine too!

Me three.

Yesterday was the first final ive watched in a long time, where i felt detached from the game (although being on a stag do might have had an effect).

I knew what was coming, i expect a lot of other fans did too.

I dont have faith in a lot of the players who have been brought in, in my opinion i dont think they are anywhere near the standard necessary to pull on the red shirt. I thought that when we signed them and i still think the same now. The fact that we wasted 80 + million on said players disgusts me.

My faith in Kenny has also gone, its not just the signings, its the tactics, the substitutions, the lack of another tactical plan when the first does not work.

The man is my hero, my idol when i grew up. But as Kenny has said many times no man is bigger than the club.

I think its time for change and i suspect the owners do as well. the financial implications of not playing in the champions league are huge.

Im pretty sure some of these deals with kit manufacturers and sponsors will only achieve the maximums that have been printed in the papers if we are in the European cup and winning major honours which means we are losing money there, factor in loss of gate receipts for matches, loss of tv revenue. Then you also have to factor in loss of top players who want to play at the highest level, and the lessened ability to attract players when you are competing against teams that are in the european cup and the overall hit is huge.

John Henrys comments at the start of the season were telling, in that qualifying for the european cup was the main aim, the americans are here for the investment, and if they are not getting returns for the investment i think they will be ruthless in their actions. I think the recent firing of several people at the club supports this.

I truly believe the winds of change are blowing.

Yes because nearly winning the League and nearly winning the European Cup is a piece of piss isn't it.

Doing it all the while the most insidious & cancerous threat this club has ever had the misfortune to witness manifested itself during his final years.

I take my hat off to you.

That might be one of the stupidest posts I've ever witnessed on a forum.

Yes how dare anyone have a view that Benitez was anything but perfect.

Yes how dare anyone have a view that Benitez was anything but perfect.

He didn't say that, he merely pointed out how laughable your disregard for nearly winning the league and and getting to a Champions League final was. We where a whisker away from winnIng the two biggest trophies in club football.