You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny's future

Nathanzx

Kenny's future  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Kenny's future

• I want KK to continue as manager and to be given cash to spend as he pleases
    • I want KK to continue as manager but DC to have more input on how the cash is spent
    • I would give Kenny one more season to achieve CL, if not he can go
    • I would let Kenny stay on as manager as long as he likes regardless of results
    • I would move him upstairs at the end of the season and get a new coach in to start a new project
    • I would sack him immediately, we have to be ruthless and stop living in the past

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reference is made to the calling of the manager to be removed 8 months into the season, much like Chelsea fans in that regard. That's not dramatic. Just an observation.

But it's over 15 months he's been here. Good for the second half of last season, injected another £70m this Summer, and we're the polar opposite of that other team. Why?

Maxi was key last season, doesnt get played this season, why?

Somethings rotten and it's Kennys job to sort it, he's had 8 months to sort something but we seem to be regressing, not stabilising or improving. That's when the alarm bells ring and you have to find that fault quickly. We're playing the same players, week in week out, and we're seeing the same results.

I'm sure there's a saying about the definition of madness that describes much the same process.

Yes I would trust him. Not every signing is going to be a Suarez. I'm not happy that we paid so much for some of our other players, but they are young (with the exception of Downing and Adam). This is a project (not in the lame AVB way) that will take some time under an experienced manager. It's those same signings who played 13 days ago at Wembley. Again, not the best performance, but everyone signed by Kenny had to play a part in order for us to get to that point.

If it was your money would you honestly trust Kenny with it ? I wouldn't trust him in the slightest to spend it wisely , how the fuck could you ?......

I presume our owners are clever people , take off our red tinted specs and look at the reality of it i just dont see how you can set fire to all that money

and get given more to burn , i would be very suprised if Kennys still in charge at the start of next season ..... the FA Cup maybe could save him.

Didn't JWH say he would be dissapointed if we didnt make the top 4 this season ? well theres a decent chance we wont make the top half of the table.

The mental scars of watching that today and thinking about next season with pretty much the same players and more expensive mistakes in the transfer market makes for depressing thoughts.

Bottom line here is that the owners expect value for money, and improvement year on year.

They have shown with the red sox that they are not afraid to make changes when they think changes are needed, which doesn't bode well for KK.

IF (and I'm only saying IF) they were to decide a change in management is needed at the end of the season, then I really, really hope they treat KK with the respect he deserves, and give him another job at the club rather than just hoof him out the door, because if they did that, they would instantly become only slightly less hated than h&g, and I don't think they are that stupid.

But it's over 15 months he's been here. Good for the second half of last season, injected another £70m this Summer, and we're the polar opposite of that other team. Why?

Somethings rotten and it's Kennys job to sort it, he's had 8 months to sort something but we seem to be regressing, not stabilising or improving. That's when the alarm bells ring and you have to find that fault quickly. We're playing the same players, week in week out, and we're seeing the same results.

I'm sure there's a saying about the definition of madness that describes much the same process.

I can't answer any of those questions that you posed with any certainty, only speculation, which is what most of us are going on. Can you answer them? He's had 15 months or 8 months. 8 months for this season, and this thread is asking for him to be sacked before this season has ended - so I'm going on current season performance, this one being Kenny's first full season in charge. We played the same players against Bolton and lost terribly. We played nearly the same players against Wolves and won. We played one of our best games of the season against Arsenal last week and lost. We played a championship side at Wembley, and drew. I hope he can figure it out quickly, because I certainly don't know what the answer is. Maybe you do?

2 great questions there. Where has the pressing gone & attacking emphasis particularly getting players in the box. Why has Maxi been frozen out? He's already contributed much more than most player this season despite hardly playing. He & Suarez have an understanding why not play him more. Why persist with british shite who have constantly failed to deliver? Whyb persist with Henderson at right midfield? it was plainly obvious in august that it wasn't going to workl. He's played well in the centre so why move him again & again.

I've lost all confidence In Kenny truth be told. I genuinely & desperately hope he turns it around & proves me wrong but I don't see it happening. In a years time i just hope its all amicable & done with good grace

I'd give him another season, review it in 2013 and give him and Commolli the chance to mop up the mess of a disastrous transfer policy over the last 15 months.

We can't keep changing the manager every year, we simply don't have the funds apart from the fact it's debatable if that policy ever works.

Wouldn't surprise me to see to FSG make a change in the summer though. We've been poor in the league having spent a significant amount.

Fuck off. Its way too early to be thinking of replacing him.

Such a thread has no business on this forum.

Some of our fans have got Chelsea syndrome I see, pathetic we've had 3 managers in 20 months fuckin 3 and this one won a trophy 13 days ago 13 fuckin days, our 1st in 6 years

We are Liverpool, we are not Chelsea, move along now nothing to see here.

Combination of the above.

I'd give him another season, review it in 2013 and give him and Commolli the chance to mop up the mess of a disastrous transfer policy over the last 15 months.

We can't keep changing the manager every year, we simply don't have the funds apart from the fact it's debatable if that policy ever works.

Wouldn't surprise me to see to FSG make a change in the summer though. We've been poor in the league having spent a significant amount.

fuck comolli. what a fucking charlatan he is. what the fuck does he actually do?

2 great questions there. Where has the pressing gone & attacking emphasis particularly getting players in the box. Why has Maxi been frozen out? He's already contributed much more than most player this season despite hardly playing. He & Suarez have an understanding why not play him more. Why persist with british shite who have constantly failed to deliver? Whyb persist with Henderson at right midfield? it was plainly obvious in august that it wasn't going to workl. He's played well in the centre so why move him again & again.

I've lost all confidence In Kenny truth be told. I genuinely & desperately hope he turns it around & proves me wrong but I don't see it happening. In a years time i just hope its all amicable & done with good grace

And more important questions you ask there ... there are so many questions.

I echo your sentiments in the last paragraph sadly , though it should get done in the summer as it makes no sense for money to be spent by Kenny and then get a new man in.

I refuse to vote on this the day of a defeat, it's not going to reflect any intelligent analysis of the situation.

The way I see it there are two areas of concern with the manager:

1)We badly needed striking options in January but didn't sign anyone

2)General tactical breakdown in the final third

Let's sit back, see how things settle and re-evaluate in the summer.

Lets be honest it it wasn't Kenny Dalglish in charge at the moment more people would be shouting for his blood, the football of last season has all but disappeared, and we could end up in a Newcastle/Keegan situation

The teams tactics worry me, we don't seem to have a clear style of play, when we defend we are almost Hodgson like in our tactics, we drop deep and don't really press the ball so when we do get it back we struggle to get enough players forward.

We kid ourselves we dominate games but most of our possession is in midfield our passing tempo is slow and teams look comfortable against us.

The team still lacks pace and we don't really create many clear cut chances,again we kid ourselves and say how unlucky we are but most of our shots are from the edge or outside of the box and we have the poorest conversion rate in the league.

We still have to give him more time because

A-he's Kenny Dalglish and deserves another year.

B-he's spent all our money anyway

C-I can't think of an ideal candidate to replace him that would guarantee success/ would'nt be even more of a risk.

D- replacing him would cost money we don't have.

Guest San Don
Houllier was very successful in the transfer market in his 1st year,the likes of Sammi, Didi & Henchoz joining and finished 4th, 2 points off a Champs league place, losing to Bradford on the last day, much improved on the previous season where we finished 21 points off a champs league place in 7th. Rafa won us the Champs League in his 1st year. Your point being fuckin what you bell.

My point? That you're a cunt.

But we didn't play all the kids in the cup competition. Kenny fielded first team after first team for every away game in the Carling and against City in the semi-finals, I don't recall if there were any kids picked for that. He took the competitions seriously, as I would expect him to. The senior players may have had too many outings, but the fact that we can't convert our scoring chances has been the problem all season long.

Point I was trying to make is that nobody even cared about cup competitions the end of last season. This season top 4 finish was expected, there was even quite a few on here who thought we would challenge for the title. There is something seriously wrong when you spend £50m+ in the summer and you go backwards/stay stagnant in the league. We are 2 points ahead of Everton in the league and they spent minus - £15m.

Final placing 2011/2012

Outside of top four - 5 out of 259 people

What will constitute success this season?

FA Cup or League Cup - 7 out of 143 people

Ultimately it's going to come down to what the owners think. If they feel that £100m and seventh to tenth in the league is a risible combination, they might decide to make a change - no fan could claim that would be unreasonable, as long as it was handled with dignity.

They might say to Kenny 'you've spent enough, here's 15 million to spend - show us it's going to work between now and Christmas'. That would be perfectly acceptable too, no rational individual could begrudge the owners that. They might hand him £50m and just ask him to fuck any notion of British signings off.

I think most outcomes are acceptable, whether that involves parting company with Kenny, giving him unreserved backing or something inbetween. You'd have to be slightly mental to start kicking off at the owners whatever the outcome.

Some people have short memories. Since when was Kenny ever touted as a long term solution and the future for LFC? He was brought in to steady the ship after Hodgson, and to appease the fans after the G&H debacle. He was there, and FSG didn’t know what to do, it was a quick fix. He wasn't brought in to win the title and re-conquer Europe. We should judge Kenny accordingly. He has delivered exactly what was asked of him- and won our first cup for several years.

Moore’s ownership was characterised by inertia, G&H’s by incompetence. The coming year or so will define how FSG’s ownership is defined.