You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Exactly!

So why is he being criticised for making a stand over Caroll? Newcastle obviously think this is the way to do it because AC Milan did it over Aquilani and we tend to give away our shit. I know you both are not doing that by the way, I am talking about those who are.

Jesus, we had Steve Bruce slagging us off in the press for trying to get Kenwyne Jones on loan, and there was a lot of fans who supported him! Newcastle do it, and they have every right.

Under no circumstances should Newcastle be allowed to pull our pants down a second time.

Hang on...

How many Premier League managers are in a position to play £20m for a player? Not many I'd fancy.

Newcastle: European football > West Ham: Potential relegation battle

Okay, how many have bid over £15m? West Ham were prepared to pay £18m, they were turned down by both Liverpool and Caroll. The point is that a £35m player is available and not one of those clubs who could afford to pay that are even looking at him.

Sunderland have big £14m for Steven Fletcher, they don't seem to have even looked at him!

And is European football now important to Andy Caroll? Cos he has played a grand total of 2 matches (both as sub) in Europe.

Under no circumstances should Newcastle be allowed to pull our pants down a second time.

Which is my point!

We have to be obstinate where they are concerned. He should be worth £15-20m, considering the fees bandied about for others. We are seen as a soft touch and shit negotiators and the only way to change that opinion is to stop behaving like a cheap pimp.

Anyway I am saying nothing more on the subject. I like Andy Caroll as a person but I am beginning to dislike the footballer and his sudden elevation to misunderstood genius and untapped brilliance. It has fuck all to do with Andy Caroll and everything to do with fans looking for a chance to criticise Rogers and FSG.

Okay, how many have bid over £15m? West Ham were prepared to pay £18m, they were turned down by both Liverpool and Caroll. The point is that a £35m player is available and not one of those clubs who could afford to pay that are even looking at him.

Sunderland have big £14m for Steven Fletcher, they don't seem to have even looked at him!

And is European football now important to Andy Caroll? Cos he has played a grand total of 2 matches (both as sub) in Europe.

I assume that Carroll wouldn't play for Sunderland, thus making a bid pointless.

Ok, a team that finished high enough up the table to earn European football and have a decent chance of repeating that this season vs. a team who could well struggle.

It's laughable that for some the problem is determined to be the price at which we are selling Carroll, rather than the price we paid for him.

Yes. It is strange. I'd take £15m from Newcastle. I don't think he's even worth that really. They'd be pulling our pants down less than if we kept him here.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is set to make another move to bring Daniel Sturridge to Anfield - with a deal for Chelsea forward believed to be within touching distance at last.

Sources close to the Reds have told ESPN that Rodgers has been pursuing Sturridge all summer, with the recent glut of attacking midfield signings pushing the Team GB Olympic star down the pecking order of Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo.

Inter Milan have also been linked with a move for Sturridge, but the promise of regular first-team football in a Liverpool side playing to his strengths would appeal to the 22-year-old.

Sturridge, who recovered from meningitis earlier this summer, arrived at Chelsea from Manchester City in 2009 and after two seasons struggling to break into the starting line-up became a Stamford Bridge regular under Andre Villas-Boas last season.

However, when Villas-Boas was replaced with Di Matteo in March, the England Under-21 international found his opportunities restricted and that has continued to be the case at the start of the 2012-13 campaign.

Read more at Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers reignites Daniel Sturridge interest | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Yes, he's a cock, but a player perfect for the Rodgers system. Has pace too.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

I think he could be great for us. More than able to play on the right or in the centre of the three forwards, loads of pace, knows where the goal is and is still young.

He's obviously a dick but I don't think there's any doubt that he'd improve us (it wouldn't be hard really).

I'd also like to say that I wanted him when he left City.

I concur. Exactly my feelings. Let's be honest while the top clubs are shopping in Harrods we're down Aldi hovering by the 'on the turn' shelf. Best we can manage probably.