You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

How the fuck Cole get so highly rated anyway? He was deservingly high thought of at West Ham for "potential" due to his ball tricks, and had since failed to live up to even the most reasonable expectation. Is it because Mongo rated him and called him the "creative force" England needed?

Probably because he's shown flashes of greatness throughout his career but never been consistently excellent or influential. Supporters who don't watch him week in week out think its because he's never given a run of games and the 'confidence' of managers but people who have seen him play every week at their club know its because he's not professional enough to be a high level athlete as he simply doesn't keep himself in top condition. That and the fact he's not as good as he thinks he is, obviously.

Seems Adam Johnson is going the same way...

Strange that. Spurs have no manager, we have Rodgers who brought him to the country and who he is supposedly very close to, yet we still can't attract him to the club. Worrying indeed.

Click on that link and have a nosy around. Its the German equivalent of the Daily Mail. Today they say Bayern Munich are signing Mandukic, Javi Martinez, Dzeko and selling Robben, tomorrow I'm sure 3 different names will be signing for them.

Click on that link and have a nosy around. Its the German equivalent of the Daily Mail. Today they say Bayern Munich are signing Mandukic, Javi Martinez, Dzeko and selling Robben, tomorrow I'm sure 3 different names will be signing for them.

Maybe it is crap then. But if it isn't it's bloody worrying that we cannot attract the lad to Liverpool.

It's more Neil Jones from the echo I'd be worried about, but in hindsight the delay just doesn't add up.

Rodgers said the lad would speak to Swansea's new manager out of respect and we wouldn't do anything until then. As far as I know (I have been away) Swansea don't have a manager yet.

Rodgers said the lad would speak to Swansea's new manager out of respect and we wouldn't do anything until then. As far as I know (I have been away) Swansea don't have a manager yet.

That'll come as news to Laudrup.

FAO Number

Apparently, there's a clause in Drogba's contract with Shanghai Shenhua that allows him to leave if there's an offer from FC Barcelona. If they close the deal, Barcelona would sign Didier Drogba on a free transfer.