You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colin Wankers excuse for being sacked?

lifetime fan

Colin Wankers excuse?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Colin Wankers excuse?

• Rafa
    • Shit refs
    • Shit linesmans
    • Everyone else
    • Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh (Me)

Personal hygiene problems. The club had spoken to him about it a number of times apparently, and had issued both a verbal warning and a written warning. But the stench just got worse over Christmas, despite Warnock promising them he'd asked his family for presents from The Body Shop. When he turned up with new socks and a knitted turtle neck jumper with a picture of Rudolph the Reindeer on the front, they realised he'd broken the agreement and he had to go.

Sad really.

Flash-backs to the time of Rafa and the skull-duggary of the unfair (apart from when he used it himself) rotation system.No-one really understands Colin and he will tell his employers: "I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order. The whole freakin' system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth. 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do"

No country for heroes, my friend...

He's managed to blame it on the takeover not happening earlier, preventing him from buying the targets he'd already identified. I often can't decide if I hate the bloke or like him a bit but the fact he's used that in his leaving statement is pathetic and typical of him.

""My biggest regret is that the takeover didn't happen earlier, because that would have given me the opportunity to bring in the targets I'd pinpointed all last summer and probably given us a better chance to succeed in the Premier League."

They say it's because they are committed to staying up.

Personally, I think they have more chance of going down now.

Depends on how quickly they appoint a replacement, but in my opinion they've got slightly more chance of staying up without Colin who has again been shown up as completely out of his depth as a manager in the top flight. Mark Hughes is odds-on favourite with the bookies to take over and he'd probably be a decent choice.

A whole article Colin is certainly consistent.

Neil Warnock: If more people at QPR knew the game, I'd still be there - News & Comment - Football - The Independent

Getting the sack is a fact of life in football management and I should know. I've now been fired by Burton Albion, Notts County, Plymouth Argyle, Oldham Athletic and Queen's Park Rangers. They say it is a results business. It is, but only up to a point. At three of those clubs, including QPR, I'd won promotion.

The problem with that is it raises expectations that a club isn't always geared up to meet. At QPR we probably went up a year too early. In March 2010, when I arrived, we were fighting relegation to League One. By May 2011 we were celebrating promotion to the Premier League after winning the Championship.

Unfortunately, because of the uncertainty over the ownership, we were not able to get into in the transfer market early enough or well enough to build on that in the summer. The bulk of my squad is last year's team – several of them were in the side that nearly went down. When the new owners arrived in the third week of August they told me my remit was to get some players signed in a rush before the deadline, then get to the new year with QPR outside the bottom three. We could then bring in three or four players in the January window.

I feel I have kept to that. We have not been in the bottom three all season. When I look at how managers at other clubs in the Premier League have been given unequivocal support by their board it is an understatement to say I am very disappointed.

We knew we had a tough run of fixtures – we've played Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal in the last six matches – but there were winnable games coming up and I feel we had been playing well enough to win them. Look at our last three League matches. We played very well at Swansea, dominating the second half, held our own at Arsenal, and were leading Norwich. But you can't legislate for Shaun Wright-Phillips giving the ball straight to Arshavin with half an hour left, or Joey Barton getting sent off. A few more points and we'd be mid-table, which is where I feel our football deserves us to be.

While I accept the owner's decision, I do feel if there were more people at the club in positions of power with experience in the game they would have understood how well we have done in the circumstances, and they would've realised that once we brought in the players I had identified there would have been no problem securing a Premier League future.

But no doubt the chairman has had a string of agents in touch telling them their man could do a better job. It looks like it might be Mark Hughes, though I heard around Christmas they were thinking of Zola and Wilkins. Will a new manager make a difference? Not as much as new players will. If you haven't got the players you can't win games, that's another fact of life in football management. I just wish I had the chance to bring in the ones I wanted, both in the summer, and this month.

Is Neil Warnock a knob? - YES

Will I miss him a small bit? - YES

While blatantly obvious and also self-serving, I do feel he made some valid points the last few weeks in relation to referees, which were not entirely unrelated to our own grievances at times. In particular, regarding Lampard's shocking, unpunished tackle at Wolves vis-a-vis Joey Barton's which got him sent off.

Obviously he's a total bellend, but it seems a bit unfair to sack him after he got them promoted. They had some decent players in Barton, SWP etc and I didn't think they were in dire trouble.

That said, WBA proved last year with Budgie that often a mid-season change of manager can certainly galvanise the team and ensure that a "blip" doesn't turn into relegation.

I would imagine his personality was as much to do with this decision as anything else. Everyone hates Warnock, and he always seemed an unlikely London club manager.

• 2 weeks later...

The Daily Mash - Critics disguised themselves as players, says Warnock

NEIL Warnock has blamed critics for his dismissal, claiming they posed as opposition footballers that kept beating his team.

Critics even disguised themselves as WarnockQueens Park Rangers' chairman Tony Fernandes sacked Warnock earlier this month, stating that the short-term vision of the club had been realigned to focus more on not getting their arses kicked all the time.

But dinner lady-faced anagram Warnock said: “Football critics have been infiltrating every echelon of football in a concerted effort to make me appear to the untrained eye like a cack-brained buffoon that couldn’t manage to get eleven sheep to shit in a field.

“They have an agenda of stopping the world from seeing the true magnificence of Neil Warnock and they are ultimately to blame for what people mistakenly believe are my manifest failings.”

Warnock has produced a 1,293-page dossier detailing the various ways critics have conspired to ruin his career, from steering radio-controlled footballs 35 yards over the crossbar during matches to his belief that Adel Taarabt is actually bearded, 22-stone Daily Mail columnist Martin Samuel in disguise.

He estimates that one in three opposition players were actually football pundits dressed as professional athletes, confusing his side into submission by bombarding them with questions about the percentage of effort they were giving during matches.

He also claims that his 6-0 defeat against Fulham this season never actually happened, with the game actually being a scrappy 1-0 win for QPR, but the critics spread so many rumours of his side being humped that they were eventually believed to be true.

Warnock added “One day, my sacking will be seen as a conspiracy to rival the JFK assassination, the only difference being that people were quite sad when that happened.”

I love a good Mash article.

This one however, is deadly serious:

BBC Sport - Neil Warnock says his reputation was 'slowly poisoned' at QPR

Neil Warnock says he lost his Queens Park Rangers job as his reputation was "slowly poisoned" by critics both inside and outside the club.

He claimed a "lack of football experience" in the hierarchy left QPR open to "manipulative" people.

The 63-year-old said he was unhappy fans and players were able to talk to owner Tony Fernandes through Twitter.

Warnock told BBC Sport his achievements at the club were "almost a miracle" given what "I've had to contend with".

"Even the owner Tony... I know the influence he'll have had from certain people over the past few weeks," Warnock said.

"It would have been difficult to resist because people get on the phone and tweet and it's almost like slowly poisoning somebody from outside the club and no doubt from within the club as well.

"It's a dangerous precedent if you let players talk to the chairman but, you know, you can't stop tweeting."

QPR sacked Warnock 11 days ago and he has spoken about his dismissal at length for the first time, saying:

he was disappointed Fernandes did not sack him face-to-face - instead chief executive Philip Beard delivered the news;

he was surprised at the decision but has no bitterness towards QPR;

his successor Mark Hughes is a "good manager", but Warnock "wished he had [Hughes's] agent" [Kia Joorabchian];

football had become "immoral" because of players' wages, and the manager's role was not as enjoyable anymore;

he did not want to discuss midfielder Joey Barton as he "just wants to talk about positive things at the club".

After guiding the London club to the Premier League during the 2010-11 season, the former Sheffield United and Crystal Palace boss was initially backed by Fernandes.

But, despite a poor run of results, Warnock says that "he didn't see [being sacked] coming," and believes the Caterham F1 team boss should have told him personally.

"I received a text saying the owners had been talking long into the night and Phil Beard, the new chief executive, asked if he could come and see me so I told him to come to our house and when I saw him I felt sorry for him and said, 'don't worry - it's nothing to do with you, this'.

"I think you get used to a certain way of doing things but he [Fernandes] is so far away, all over the world. I'm not a communicator by tweet, I'm afraid, so I was always going to be the last to know," he added.

Warnock, who spent 22 months at Loftus Road, believed he was on track to keep the club up. "The club will need restructuring over the next few years and there are a number of owners now and there's not a lot of football experience around," he said.

"When you have a run of results like we had and you're not involved in football and you get people in your ear - agents, for example - tweeting him and speaking to him and talking about players... there's some clever and manipulative people. I've no bitterness towards it. It's just how things go.

"I love this club and always will. It's been a big part of my life even though it has only been 22 months and it's been the biggest career success I have had in my life."

Warnock also went on to rue the fact he "wished [he'd] had [Hughes's] agent at times over the last few years," referring to Hughes's representative Kia Joorabchian - who also represents Rangers targets Alex of Chelsea and Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha.

"I want Mark to do well. He's got a good agent too, and between them they'll bring some good players into the club," Warnock said.

However, the Yorkshireman does not envy young bosses coming into the game and said that, from a manager's point of view, the game was no longer enjoyable because "players are the ones with all the power now".

Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

I've coped with things nobody else could have - Warnock

He added: "My chairman tweets a lot and some of my players tweet and players only look after themselves so it's quite easy to start rumours with this new modern media and I don't think it helps anybody."

When asked about the influence of captain Barton on the team, Warnock would not be drawn: "I don't think I want to get into talking about Joey Barton. Joey talks about himself enough and I think we'll let Joey talk about Joey.

"I just want to talk about positive things about the club and I think there are too many positive things to talk about without going into detail on individual players."

When asked about his future, Warnock talked only of spending time with friends and family but he did reveal that he did "like the idea of saying what I want to say - but we'll have to wait and see".

poison.jpg

Barton has really stuck the knife in.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Neil Warnock saying I talk to much. Now that is funny #mikebassett

Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo. 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised

If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things! #shutitwarnock

Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate. Last thing we need right. Big week.