You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darts

Welsh

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Nah, this tournament. Only van Gerwen is stopping this. 

Cross, MVG, Humphries all have more than enough - Chisnall and Dobey on their days too  - although Chisnall's arse usually goes when push cones to shove - and at some point in next 3 rds the enormity of it all is bound to kick in ...

He is superb, don't get me wrong and his temperament is very good too - but i'd be very surprised if he won this tournament. He has some future though!

Cross, Chisnall and Dobey would be getting a hammering. I don't think Humphries is living with this either. If he's even a fraction as shit as he was in earlier rounds he'll be off home before he realises what has happened. 

He's 6/1, of course I'm not thinking he's a shoe in to win it. Van Gerwen is 6/4 for a reason. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Cross, Chisnall and Dobey would be getting a hammering. I don't think Humphries is living with this either. If he's even a fraction as shit as he was in earlier rounds he'll be off home before he realises what has happened. 

He's 6/1, of course I'm not thinking he's a shoe in to win it. Van Gerwen is 6/4 for a reason. 

Wouldn't be so sure with Dobey. He's playing mustard right now.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

This is quite annoying now. I sense a new Phil Taylor is arriving to upset how much fun darts is when you enter every tournament knowing about 6-8 guys could win it.

Oh god no. Not because of the quality of the player but because Taylor is the cunts cunt 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Cross has been in and around the 100 average mark and well over 40% on his doubles last two games - that sort of level will make him more than competitive - then comes down to right shots at the right time.

Dobey's form is similar too he was over 100 ave last night and over 50% on his doubles.

I'd back Littler to beat Chisnall simply because Chisnall is a bottle job - but his scoring can scare anyone and apply serious pressure.

As i say the lad is superb, but for me winning this is a step too far right now.

Ironically MVG is man i don't fancy - he's been like this a lot in recent times....looks superb through an event but as soon as it comes to the business end he blows up or runs into someone who puts in an unreal performance - i reckon same happens in this tournament..

.the aura he had is gone and players aren't afraid of him like they were.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's not like the young lad is some Saudi backed shite like other sports,if he becomes a taylor it's because he's earned it  through being obsessed, consistent and not giving up. Raise the game.

Let's hope he does not develop the same liking for sex offences.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's not like the young lad is some Saudi backed shite like other sports,if he becomes a taylor it's because he's earned it  through being obsessed, consistent and not giving up. Raise the game.

No doubt there but I'm allowed to hate him and I do. The little talented shit. He'll be a millionaire before he's 20 and he couldn't change a car wheel.  

• Haha 1