You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to have a problem with Carragher if Skrtel and Agger keep this form up?

I seem to remember in his autobiography he said he won't be happy staying on the bench at Liverpool towards the end of his carrer - he'd rather playing first team football at another club.

I wonder how long Carragher will accept not playing?!

There is a good chance Agger might get injured, but if he doesn't and they keep this form up - how can Kenny drop Agger of Skrtel?

Your fuckin mad, this after your Kenny is been told to not pick maxi by Henry and Commoli

I didn't say that.

" I get the impression they are trying to force Maxi out. Just speculation on my part - but he is on big wages and not the youngest. FSG / Comolli might be looking at him as an area where they can save costs and bring in a younger, cheaper but similar option."

That's a quote from you, which in anybody's language states that the owners are trying to force Maxi out by not picking him, they don't pick the team so your saying there trying to influence the manager, don't try bullshit your way out of it, that's what you implied

" I get the impression they are trying to force Maxi out. Just speculation on my part - but he is on big wages and not the youngest. FSG / Comolli might be looking at him as an area where they can save costs and bring in a younger, cheaper but similar option."

That's a quote from you, which in anybody's language states that the owners are trying to force Maxi out by not picking him, they don't pick the team so your saying there trying to influence the manager, don't try bullshit your way out of it, that's what you implied

If you quoted all of my comments on the issue, rather than select sentences then you might see what I was trying to say by that. I clarified what I exactly meant with my other messages on the subject. It also has nothing to do with this thread. But don't worry you gold members can do what you like it seems.

Faustus I don't know what I have done to justify that comment from you, but if that's what you think fair enough.

I honestly can't be arsed with this place at times, I don't abuse anyone, just give my opinions. Shame others can't do the same. Also a shame Dave can't be bothered to moderate the abuse.

Guest San Don
LFD's a knobhead.

Best ignoring him, Paddy lad.

Yep, he's trying to make an issue about a potential situation when caragher hasnt said a word this season about not being in the side.

Yep, he's trying to make an issue about a potential situation when caragher hasnt said a word this season about not being in the side.

I merely asked a question.

I think Coates might play Wednesday, 2 games in 3 days best not to tempt faith with Agger

I'd leave them be TBH. Once the front players learn how to shoot at goal we can start taking some chances. We do need to work out how to get him games though because a few games here and there in the CC and FA Cup is probably not going to cut it if we expect him to adapt in a year.

I'd leave them be TBH. Once the front players learn how to shoot at goal we can start taking some chances. We do need to work out how to get him games though because a few games here and there in the CC and FA Cup is probably not going to cut it if we expect him to adapt in a year.

I'd play him in one of next 2 games, then let Agger play v Newcastle and let him play in FA cup.

One thing is Skertl and Agger know they have competition and its making them raise there game, certainly in Skertl's case anyway

The only thing i have heard / read Carra say about his future , is that he knows he is getting older and maybe a bit slower and being realistic would look towards retiring in a couple of years.

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher could retire in 12 months - Telegraph

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits he could retire next year - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Carra is a top professional. He loves Liverpool and he has immense respect for Kenny. If he wants first team football then no one would begrudge him that if he wanted to move on. I suspect someone like Bolton could do with his nous to help shore up their back line. He wouldn't have to move and his family would be undisturbed.

Or he could continue to stick around at Liverpool, which I suspect is exactly what he will do. Agger and Skrtel are the first choice pairing on merit. But Carra is ready should he be needed, and history shows that Agger can't keep going for very long without getting injured - though I hope that finally the lad can stay fit for an extended period, as he is a very good player and he has had more than his fair share of bad luck with injuries.

If Kenny decides that Coates also gets ahead of Carra in the pecking order, and this might be a possibility as the lad is no mug, then I could see that sharpening Carra's focus, and I would expect him to be fourth choice for a short time, and then to move into the coaching side of things.

It will be interesting to watch, but one thing is for sure - Carra won't cause any problems whatsoever. He is a model pro, he loves the club, and has great respect for Kenny.

I see Carragher and his situation as very much the new version of Phil Thompson in the 80's. After 10 years or so of great service to LFC Joe Fagan came in as manager and obviously thought Thommo had had his day. He had a season at Liverpool where he didn't make an appearance (1983-84) and then when Kenny took over he let Thommo go to Sheffield Utd on a free which he accepted. Thommo must have thought it would be nice to keep playing but he was so steeped in LFC that he didn't have the heart any longer to play for another club and so aged 31 he quit playing, not due to injury.

I see Carra in the same vein, IF he did leave Liverpool I can't see him playing for another club. I don't think his heart would be in it either. At his age where would he go? Probably a Blackburn or a Wigan type club where he would be in a crap defence and with his lack of pace he would just be exposed time and again.

He should just stay at Liverpool and be there if needed. As people have said with Agger's bad injury record it's a formality that soon enough he will be out for a run of games and when that happens we won't look quite so flush in defence.