You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think it's cheating to carry your phone everywhere you walk. I rather understood that to be the entire point.

Yeah, but handing it to your missus while you’re having a 40 minute turn-out may be considered outside the spirit of the rules.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think it's cheating to carry your phone everywhere you walk. I rather understood that to be the entire point.

Oh ifs SD it wasn't a serious statement. But you can add on the amount of yards that you have spectacularly missed my point by to your daily amount. 

3 more miles and you win a cookie. 

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

A few years before he died, my dad got a mobile phone. He left it on the side, plugged in at all times, even when he went out for his long walks in the morning. Analogue man in a digital world, he was. I can only imagine his reaction to devices counting how many steps you walk. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Knowing you though mate you probably put your phone in your pocket when walking the bog for a shit. Just to get them numbers up. 

The pedometer equivalent of repping yourself. 

TBF it is the point of using one. I use a Smart watch and it's on my wrist the whole time. I've also noticed the difference between the pedometer counts, the smart watch is way more accurate than my mobile phone in my case. And no, I don't bump the count up by wanking furiously. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

My pedometers disagree more often than the average GF poster. Google Fit says I did 10,469 steps yesterday and 7.13km. Samsung Health says 9,319 steps, but 7.33km.

Samsung uses a "translator" to make up for the weird tall lanky folks that inhabit the rest of the planet.

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you drunk again?  I’m happy to meet you, I just said I don’t want to spend any time with you.  If I see a one armed man with dodgy knees and a dicky ticker I’ll break into a brisk jog.  That should keep me safe.  Im happy to tell you to your face that I don’t like you and think you are a fucking mentalist. 

A stranger from a football forum has been seriously ill and you think that's fair game for insults?

It probably looks like I'm picking sides here, but I'm really not.  Call anyone on here (myself included) all the cunts you want, but using a person's illness as an insult in the midst of an Internet Warrior dick-swinging contest is really not a good look.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A stranger from a football forum has been seriously ill and you think that's fair game for insults?

It probably looks like I'm picking sides here, but I'm really not.  Call anyone on here (myself included) all the cunts you want, but using a person's illness as an insult in the midst of an Internet Warrior dick-swinging contest is really not a good look.

I’ve not mentioned his recent illness I’ve referenced his continual fucking bleatings about his health.  I mean, how could I know unless he’s fucking told us? 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I’ve not mentioned his illness I’ve referenced his continual fucking bleatings about his health.  I mean, how could I know unless he’s fucking told us? 

Right.  That makes everything perfectly alright.  Thanks for clarifying.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My phone already guilt trips me by telling me how much time I spend looking at it. Fuck having anything that shames me into walking more. 

My phone is a nag too. Every day at the stroke of midnight it tells me I've done 0 steps that day, so why don't I go for a walk.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve not mentioned his recent illness I’ve referenced his continual fucking bleatings about his health.  I mean, how could I know unless he’s fucking told us? 

I hardly bleat on about my health. Like many others on here I share my experiences as certain medication/procedures as it may help others in a similar circumstance. For someone who himself said he'll post what and where he wants, you seem to worry way to much about what others post. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I hardly bleat on about my health. Like many others on here I share my experiences as certain medication/procedures as it may help others in a similar circumstance. For someone who himself said he'll post what and where he wants, you seem to worry way to much about what others post. 

Have you ever read Three Men in a Boat?  Just try the first chapter. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hardly ever? You fucking posted as you were waiting for an ambulance!!!  Ha ha ha ha aha 

51 minutes ago, A Red said:

Berlin October 2020

PB - So you're Rico then are you?

Rico - Yes

PB - Still think i'm a cunt?

Rico - Yes

PB - I thought as much, bye then

Rico - Bye

Scene 2

PB: Do you want me to show you Berlin?

Rico: No

PB: Meet my wife? She’s had a long drive.

Rico: No 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A few years before he died, my dad got a mobile phone. He left it on the side, plugged in at all times, even when he went out for his long walks in the morning. Analogue man in a digital world, he was. I can only imagine his reaction to devices counting how many steps you walk. 

Mate, I feel that. Only ever got one call or text off my Dad’s mobile phone, from my old dear telling me to get to the hospital. Wasn’t a man for the modern era.

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Mate, I feel that. Only ever got one call or text off my Dad’s mobile phone, from my old dear telling me to get to the hospital. Wasn’t a man for the modern era.

Mine sent text messages occasionally but he’d end it with LOL. He thought it stood for lots of love. 

• Upvote 1