You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How does one go about obtaining non-disclosure forms?

Guest simon

Your wrong mate if its made compulsary then no one has a choice.Your talking about 30p more expensive. There are a lot of hurdles but after going to the right people when the prototype is done it will be made compulsary problem is and always will be money for a Factory etc for it to be made one thing for sure it would need massjive investment if i decided to take it on. So selling it is probably best.

How do you expect it to get made compulsory?

And if you can't answer that question, then what would be in it for this company to buy your patent and then blow all their existing manufacturing out to make a new product line with a smaller margin?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you expect it to get made compulsory?

And if you can't answer that question, then what would be in it for this company to buy your patent and then blow all their existing manufacturing out to make a new product line with a smaller margin?

They wouldnt need to, It could be incorperated into that product.

You still haven't given me a reason for them to want to change their already successful product and reduce their margins in the process.

Because there product wouldnt be of any use then this can potentialy knock them of the only thing that keeps them going if they wasnt compulsary they wouldnt have a Buisness.

Because there product wouldnt be of any use then this can potentialy knock them of the only thing that keeps them going if they wasnt compulsary they wouldnt have a Buisness.

I'm still struggling with the compulsory argument to be honest. How do you think your idea would become compulsory?

I'm still struggling with the compulsory argument to be honest. How do you think your idea would become compulsory?

Because of a serious flaw in the current the totally eliminates any flaw if i said more deeper in about it mate id be giving away what it is.

It's probably not what he's trying to say but he seems to be suggesting that his idea should be made compulsory in order for it to succeed and stop the other company selling the product that already exists that he invented.

Because of a serious flaw in the current the totally eliminates any flaw if i said more deeper in about it mate id be giving away what it is.

Even if you told everyone I don'tg think they'd give it away.

I wouldn't cling on to this idea that this will make your fortune.

That's cool, but are you saying their current product which they're already legally selling for £200M a year is not fit for purpose, or are you saying your idea would improve it's performance?

I reckon there's a big difference.

What if theres a Major flaw potentialy putting lives at risk?

Sadly very often they don't give a fuck as long as they are still making money.

In terms of getting legislation passed as an example I give you EN54:4 which is a standard which is supposed to become compulsory for power supplies used in any fire systems, the initial draft was in 1998. It still is not finalised and is still not ratified and is still yet to become standard.

Legislation would also never force a specific product, you have to have a fire extinguisher, it doesn't have to be a specific brand.

Obviously without knowing what you are trying to do it is nigh on impossible to see what you are trying to achieve and how you see something being made compulsory.

I am assuming it's safety related as that is more or less all that you will ever get passed as a compulsory product.

If you think it is an idea you can sell, I would strongly suggest you go straight to GE as if it is anything revolutionary they will swallow it up somewhere down the line anyway.

That's cool, but are you saying their current product which they're already legally selling for £200M a year is not fit for purpose, or are you saying your idea would improve it's performance?

I reckon there's a big difference.

The product is an everyday thing sold cheap but sold in bucket loads al over the world. The problem is this product has a major flaw but still has been made compulsory just keep with a legislation this flaw could be making people verty ill or worse killing them its a strong possibility that can never be known as a cause its compulsary on a trust that people do what legislation say. My product doesnt even need that trust. It 100% eliminates any possibility.

I'd have to know more details mate, and I can understand you wanting to keep it tight.

If you do decide to go ahead, it will cost you about £230 - £280 to file the patent, but I would recommend getting someone to check it out for you and make sure it's presented properly first.

That's your gamble.

The product is an everyday thing sold cheap but sold in bucket loads al over the world. The problem is this product has a major flaw but still has been made compulsory just keep with a legislation this flaw could be making people verty ill or worse killing them its a strong possibility that can never be known as a cause its compulsary on a trust that people do what legislation say. My product doesnt even need that trust. It 100% eliminates any possibility.

How do you know?

So far it's an idea in your head, you have no real designs, no prototype, that prototype has gone through no testing process.

I'd have to know more details mate, and I can understand you wanting to keep it tight.

If you do decide to go ahead, it will cost you about £230 - £280 to file the patent, but I would recommend getting someone to check it out for you and make sure it's presented properly first.

That's your gamble.

Id probably get a Lawyer get them to sort it i have plenty of ways to get money for a patent. Soon as i have one Prototype ill get more made to be even moe safe i have upto 12 k to get this up and unning so its all good. It would have to be a World wide patent so would probably cost near that anyway.

How do you know?

So far it's an idea in your head, you have no real designs, no prototype, that prototype has gone through no testing process.

If the prototype works as to how its made they really isnt any need for tests. Its very straight foward.

Sounds like you are prepared to lay out a significant bit of money for an idea which you're not entirely sure how you will get to market, or whether someone will think it's good business to buy the patent from you. I can't say don't do it, because I don't know the details (nor am I angling for them), but I would say be cautious and go on more than the advice of a high street chemist. An intellectual property lawyer might be able to help you, but if I were you I would also be interested in seeing someone who knows exactly the process needed to make it compulsory because if that doesn't happen it sounds like you may not have anything.

Sounds like you are prepared to lay out a significant bit of money for an idea which you're not entirely sure how you will get to market, or whether someone will think it's good business to buy the patent from you. I can't say don't do it, because I don't know the details (nor am I angling for them), but I would say be cautious and go on more than the advice of a high street chemist.

My uncle who would be backing me is extremely clever and is also an inventor. He won't give me the money unless he sees potential. The lad is a chemical med researcher or something not a high street chemist haha.

Guest ShoePiss
My uncle who would be backing me is extremely clever and is also an inventor. He won't give me the money unless he sees potential.

Sounds like you have someone who can be very useful in all of this without the need to be concerned about disclosure, but then we wouldn't have a thread like this would we?