You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last Transfer Day Dealings

WhiskeyJar

Bit reluctant to make any predictions, but it feels good that it's down to us now; if we play to our maximum more often than not, across the season, then it could be a really good one.

All the Evertonians and Mancs in work have been told 6th! But after the last couple of years it feels great, some really good players like Suarez, Gerrard, Lucas and Reina, some good players like Downing, Adam (who is surprising me), Enrique, Johnson and Agger (if fit), and some potentially very good players, Coates, Henderson, Kelly, Shelvey, Flanagan, Robinson, and hopefully some more youth players stepping up such as Wisdom (Under 21 call up ignored by local press, in case we upset the bitters), Sterling and Coady!

12 months ago I wasn't sure I could continue watching them!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian garro
12 months ago I wasn't sure I could continue watching them!

Ha ! I think we had that conversation !

You're spot on though. One of the most pleasing things is, the 'back-up' players at the club, are mostly all young lads, eager to make their mark on the first team - rather than players who've been around a while, happy to pick up a good wage, with no prospect of making the first XI. It's mad how many the club has managed to shift over the last few months. The whole culture of the playing side of the club has been turned around.

... and now it's fucking International weekend - fuck off !

According to one transfer website we have a net spend of about £36m for the last 2 windows and with all the money we have saved on wages right back from jan when we got rid of Torres and Babel untill now with the likes of Jova, Cole and Aquilani all going then I think our new owners have been very clever in constructing a new squad without spending any of their own money

I don't know which website has quoted £36m net (oh God, net spend again!) but that looks about right to me. The table above suggests we spent £62m on players, but I think £50m is closer to the mark. Add-ons cannot be included as they are conditional payments, due at a later date if and when those conditions are met. Deduct the money from players sold this summer (about £15m), and I arrive at £35m net. Of course, these net figures cannot account for money spent terminating contracts for deadwood.

Speaking of add-ons, I dare say the add-on payments from the Mascherano sale have probably covered Bellamy's salary on his 2 year contract. From memory, we sold him for around the same amount we bought him for in 2008, but agreed to another £4m-odd in add-ons if Barcelona win everything in sight, which they pretty much have. Even if Mascherano had to make a certain number of appearances, I'm surely he's surpassed that mark already.

I don't know which website has quoted £36m net (oh God, net spend again!) but that looks about right to me. The table above suggests we spent £62m on players, but I think £50m is closer to the mark. Add-ons cannot be included as they are conditional payments, due at a later date if and when those conditions are met. Deduct the money from players sold this summer (about £15m), and I arrive at £35m net. Of course, these net figures cannot account for money spent terminating contracts for deadwood.

Speaking of add-ons, I dare say the add-on payments from the Mascherano sale have probably covered Bellamy's salary on his 2 year contract. From memory, we sold him for around the same amount we bought him for in 2008, but agreed to another £4m-odd in add-ons if Barcelona win everything in sight, which they pretty much have. Even if Mascherano had to make a certain number of appearances, I'm surely he's surpassed that mark already.

We have sold more than £15m worth of players Ngog and Meireles were £16 on their own and add Poulson Mavinga Ayala Bruna and Konchesky its more like £21m.

The club makes a profit every year, even more so since our marketing and commercial revenues have improved dramatically over the last year and the fact we are no longer paying interest payments on the cancers bank loan means we probably haven't actually spent any of our new owners money

Overall really delighted with the summer's dealings. We've come a long way in a short period of time.

The only disappointment for me was Meireles leaving. I didn't want to see both Aquilani and Meireles leave since I think both offer one of the few things the squad lacks. The understanding Meireles seemed to have with Suarez to unpick the Arsenal defence looked promising and I think he'll be missed.

Still, we're in good shape and unlike last season I'm relishing each game

Overall really delighted with the summer's dealings. We've come a long way in a short period of time.

The only disappointment for me was Meireles leaving. I didn't want to see both Aquilani and Meireles leave since I think both offer one of the few things the squad lacks. The understanding Meireles seemed to have with Suarez to unpick the Arsenal defence looked promising and I think he'll be missed.

Still, we're in good shape and unlike last season I'm relishing each game

Yeah, agreed. I liked Ming, and he was a very penetrative footballer, with his runs and passing.

Ah well. Overall, only the most curmudgeonly of fans would be totally unhappy with the comings and goings this summer.

ie Codey.

bit random but didn't know where else to put it as it isnt worth a new topic but just had a look at Q.P.Rs squad and I think if they can keep their first XI fit they could make top ten

----------------Kenny----------

Young--Ferdinand---Gabbidon--Traore

SWP------Barton----Dyer------Faurlin

---------------Taarabt--------------

---------------Campbell-----------

bit random but didn't know where else to put it as it isnt worth a new topic but just had a look at Q.P.Rs squad and I think if they can keep their first XI fit they could make top ten

----------------Kenny----------

Young--Ferdinand---Gabbidon--Traore

SWP------Barton----Dyer------Faurlin

---------------Taarabt--------------

---------------Campbell-----------

eh!

Its shit. Those in bold are 'proper shit' and as for Gary Coleman on the right, at least he is fast, he will at least look like he has something. At least for the first season and then people tend to realise that he is in fact pure unadulterated shite.

The manager is an overated English cunt as well.

eh!

Its shit. Those in bold are 'proper shit' and as for Gary Coleman on the right, at least he is fast, he will at least look like he has something. At least for the first season and then people tend to realise that he is in fact pure unadulterated shite.

The manager is an overated English cunt as well.

Gabbidon I agree with, Dyer when fit tends to be brilliant or appalling, Ferdinands alright and Campbell it remains to be seen whether its only Holloway who can get him playing but he was good last season

Gabbidon I agree with, Dyer when fit tends to be brilliant or appalling, Ferdinands alright and Campbell it remains to be seen whether its only Holloway who can get him playing but he was good last season

Dyers is too far gone now though, it has been four or five years since he has played double figures and is simply just not up to it. Ferdinand is a pet hate as he is the typical 'West Ham' graduate who manages to build a career on the fact that he was an overhyped youngster whilst at West Ham's famous Academy.

screenshot20110902at125.png

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Drenthe looks totally pissed off. There's actually more than a passing resemblance to Lenny Henry.

The other guy, whatsisname, looks stunned 'You want me to play in team that wears this?'

They look like disgruntled looters.

They should be!

Imagine if they go through all the trouble of looting the L1 superstore for example with the sole intention of getting a shirt with "Lucas" or "Suarez" on the back and they end up not only getting caught, but with a shirt from that other small no-mark club in Liverpool.

Disgruntled?! I'd be fucken livid! Livid!