You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got lucky when Usmanov missed out on majority shares. He really wanted the club, and wanted to spend. He's like Abramovich. He's a billionaire, that loves sports, and wanted to own a champion.

Usmanov tried to give Arsenal 40million pounds last summer as a gift, for signing a top class player, but the board refused it.

Think you're right on Usmanov. There's a lot of Arsenal fans who believe that Kroenke Sports Enterprises took out a £500m loan to pay for the take-over. Whilst not a LBO, the cash to meet repayments has to come from somewhere & Kroenke's other sports teams won't be delighted if they're expected to help out.

They're spending £20m a year on mortgage & Kroenke could be looking for £25m a year in dividends whilst the income from property is now drying up. Arsenal may be cash rich now, but that money won't last forever & they may be on a shoestring for a few years

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Arsenal lack any sort of balance. They used to have players like Campbell, Vieira, Gilberto, et al, backed up the their amazing attacking talent. Now Wenger just doesn't care about that part of their game. Fans have been screaming out for years about a top class defensive midfielder, but he's not interested. He seems to be obsessed with creating a Barcelona type team, but he's afraid of spending to do it.

His team was so great that he has been able to live off the back of it for many years. He even had people convinced that a continual negative spend was a good thing. His time is up now. If things aren't dramatically improved by summer or the end of the season, he'll have to go.

I still can't believe their business this window has been in such disarray. Surely everyone with any remote interest in football knew what they needed to do this summer, which was to sell the players who wanted to go as quickly as possible and spend the money on solid players for the first team. The fact that they seemingly did not plan for Nasri and Fabregas leaving, let alone strengthening other key positions which have needed strengthening for years is scandalous. I know it's early days in the league, but unless something miraculous happens in terms of transfers today, I cannot see them qualifying for Europe at all for next season. Morale in their squad must be at absolute rock bottom.

Edited by zigackly

retard6pk3mwbd4.gif

Song isn't fit to lace Lucas' boots, Code.

Song is a better defensive player, his tackling is better and his passing is superior, he sees more of the ball than Lucas and he is also an scorer and creator of goals.

You have to be pretty blinkered to even suggest Lucas is in the same class as Song, when I`m discussing on a Liverpool forum i see no reason to let my bias towards Liverpool players get the best of me, I wish others could do the same as the discussions would be much more realistic.

Song is a better defensive player, his tackling is better and his passing is superior, he is also an scorer and creator of goals.

You have to be pretty blinkered to even suggest Lucas is in the same class as Song, when I`m discussing on a Liverpool forum i see no reason to let my bias towards Liverpool players get the best of me, I wish others could do the same as the discussions would be much more realistic.

I don't have their assists stats, but as for scoring, there isn't a massive difference, neither are massive goalscorers.

Song 134 starts - 9 goals

Lucas 132 starts - 6 goals

Song is a better defensive player, his tackling is better and his passing is superior, he sees more of the ball than Lucas and he is also an scorer and creator of goals.

What an odd choice you have made there. Tackling is overrated, isn't it? Why include that aspect of the game as a comparative point when you don't think it's important anyway?

You should have said Lucas wears black boots and Song wears red or something.

Otherwise you look like you're beginning to recognise what an odd statement it was you made two days ago.

Surely not.....

You have no bias towards Lucas whatsoever. You may support Liverpool, but your observations on Lucas, which are becoming more preposterous by the day, reveal your absolute hatred towards him.

I know you're a bit quirky sometimes; an endearing quality. But honestly, Code you are coming across as a bitter idiot with his eyes tight shut and his fingers in his ears humming tra-la-la-la-la.

See it before it's too late.

I don't have their assists stats, but as for scoring, there isn't a massive difference, neither are massive goalscorers.

Song 134 starts - 9 goals

Lucas 132 starts - 6 goals

I have found some stats for the Prem. I looked at the last 3 seasons. It seems that neither are super assisters either, not in the Prem anyway:

2010/11 - Lucas 2, Song 2

2009/10 - Lucas 2, Song 1

2008/09 - Lucas 2, Song 1

So low it is pretty much insignificant, but it certainly doesn't back up your theory.

Wenger now spending the best part of £15m on two players, kind of suggests that he did have money to spend, was just shit at deciding when to spend it.

Clichy sale is comparable to the spend on Andre Santos, who looked good when I saw him for Brazil, so could be a great deal.

Korean guy, meh, fuck knows, some sort of budget replacement for Nasri?

I have found some stats for the Prem. I looked at the last 3 seasons. It seems that neither are super assisters either, not in the Prem anyway:

2010/11 - Lucas 2, Song 2

2009/10 - Lucas 2, Song 1

2008/09 - Lucas 2, Song 1

So low it is pretty much insignificant, but it certainly doesn't back up your theory.

(I dont really care about goals in league cups or europa league etc, the PL is what counts.

PL stats Lucas vs Song:

Goals: 0- 4

Assists: 1 - 2

Att created: 22 - 30

Pass completion: 82,72% - 86,06%

Passes made: 1794 - 1887

Time between sussesful pass: 1,92 minutes - 1,59 minutes

Tackle win ratio: 64,53% - 76,69%

Tackle won ratio: 1 every 25,73 min - 1 every 32,83 minute

Tackle lost ratio: 1 every 46,83 minute - 1 every 108,08 minute

So Song is more involved than Lucas, he is better at what he does both when it comes to passing and tackling, he create more than Lucas, he is faster than Lucas and he actually also score goals.

I dont know, but again I guess I must be blind since i cant see the obvious here.

Lucas-Leiva-006.jpg

Hey Code... We can't take your stats seriously, because of the glaring inaccuracy. You want to discount every other competition but the league... whatever... it just suits your argument more, but why don't you give Lucas the credit he deserves for scoring a goal.

You know, the goal he scored against Newcastle, which you've not done so.

If you miss a remarkably easy stat like "GOALS SCORED" then how the fuck can we take any of your stats seriously?