You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have always been impressed by Mertesaker, but apparently he is quite slow, and Arsenal don't do slow! They will have to defend deep with him in the side, which isn't exactly a strength of theirs (see us with Roy last season).

Van Persie will get injured, and they will get suspensions, lego head looks quite good, but not Nasri/Fabregas good, they are still miles better than the rest but look considerably weaker than last season.

Put it this way, who would get in our team from Arsenal? Song, Van Persie, possibly Diaby, and Gervinio from what I have seen.

Vermaelen is quite a bit better than any of our CBs (although he's nearly as big a crock as Agger), and even if I like both Kelly and Johnson you could make a case for Sagna too. Not so sure on the ones you've picked though. Opinions, eh...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am writing them off. Guess why. Because they are fucking shit.

They've been shit bottlers for at least a couple of seasons now and towards the end of last season completely threw in the towel.

Being shit last season and losing Fabregas and Nasri doesn't improve that position it seriously deepens it. Yossi is average at best and not who you want in a fight. Arteta is ok but even Evertonians I know aren't that arsed as he is past his best.

Mertsacker has the turning circle of the Nimitz and will get bummed by Suarez. The Arsenal defence will now have to play a lot deeper or teams will just go over the top.

They are fucked

This.

(Although I corrected all your smelling pistakes.)

It's hilarious. Arsenal fans think that Arteta is a world-beater. He's a decent player, but him and Benynoon are half the players that Cesc and Nasri were. Mertesacker is a good signing, but everyone past him and Vermaelen is still shit. Andre Santos? Absolute shite. They've let Eboue and Clichy go, two decent fullbacks, and replaced with garbage. 9th place finish.

Arteta is on the slide. I'm genuinely astonished that Everton extracted more than 10m to service their debt from his departure.

I'm not sure about Mertesacker either - He's slow and Werder Bremen were never especially solid at the back.

Benayoun is a good bench player, but I should imagine he'll be straight into the Arsenal first team, and Santos I don't know enough about. There's no question that they're significantly weaker than at the start of the transfer window.

I just find it really odd that with the money they must have somewere,and the fact they all always in top4,is the fact there more like a feeder club for other clubs.

Everyone there seems to get out to another club pretty sharpish.

There must be a lot of cash they have hoarded over the last 10 seasons or so.

I think it's wishful thinking to think the signings will bomb.

Mertersacker is exactly what they've needed and could make a great partnership with Vermaelen. The leftback will be exactly the same as Clichy, great going forward and positionally shite.

Arteta is a good solid Premiership proven midfielder and Benayoun if he can get back to fitness is a Premiership proven squad man. They've got Park in who is a complete wildcard but can't be worst than Bentdner. I think Gervinho will be great for them

Overall I reckon the first half of the season will be a ship steadying exercise and the signings suggest that. It'll be interesting to see where they are in January and what they'll do then

They were the vulnerable one of the top four and have had a shit start to the season and one of the worst summer transfers as far as I can remember.

Shocking but they will still end up top six. The real good thing about us is we had loads of areas to improve on and we have done that, they have went the opposite direction.

Even with a good side the fucking bottle it.

Arteta is on the slide. I'm genuinely astonished that Everton extracted more than 10m to service their debt from his departure.

I'm not sure about Mertesacker either - He's slow and Werder Bremen were never especially solid at the back.

Benayoun is a good bench player, but I should imagine he'll be straight into the Arsenal first team, and Santos I don't know enough about. There's no question that they're significantly weaker than at the start of the transfer window.

Bremen's ethos is, "You scored? Whatever... We'll score more than you."

I think it will be a very tough battle for 4th I think they could get it them and chelsea battling for 4th.

City

Manc

Us

Arse

Chavs

Sunderland

Stoke

New

Villa

Bolton

I wouldnt go as far as writing off Chelsea, Simon. They will be tough side with their experience before adding Mata etc.

With Arsenal I still think they will be a threat but that threat is lower than it was at the start of the window. As long as we dont get complacent I think we should have enough for 4th. The prob is that we still need to improve, the players we have are a good bunch but I worry if we got an injury to Downing we dont have many wide players.

Guest ian garro

They lost Fabregas, and replaced him with a poor mans' Fabregas - Arteta. They lost Nasri, and replaced him with an even poorer mans' Nasri - Benayoun. I can't see how they can spin that as a good transfer window ?

I don't think they're as bad as they're currently playing, but they've took a side who failed miserabley last year, took their best 2 players out and replaced them with inferior ones - I can't see many positives there ? A lot depends on Mertesacker, I suppose, but it looks to me that they've got carried away with the whole "we need someone who can head a ball" shtick. They forgot they play a high line as well ? He's always looked slow as fuck, to me.

I expect them to have the same sort of season they always have - but marginally worse. Something's badly wrong down there - and I for one, am glad.

Bremen's ethos is, "You scored? Whatever... We'll score more than you."

Yeah, whereas at Arsenal.....oh wait.

They don't even had a defensive coach. If they persist with a high line, and mid-fielders that don't work that hard at tracking back then he'll be a rubbish signing for them.

Could however be a blessing for them if having someone that slow on the turn forces Wenger into having a rethink in his approach. I'd be surprised though.

They lost Fabregas, and replaced him with a poor mans' Fabregas - Arteta. They lost Nasri, and replaced him with an even poorer mans' Nasri - Benayoun. I can't see how they can spin that as a good transfer window ?

I don't think they're as bad as they're currently playing, but they've took a side who failed miserabley last year, took their best 2 players out and replaced them with inferior ones - I can't see many positives there ? A lot depends on Mertesacker, I suppose, but it looks to me that they've got carried away with the whole "we need someone who can head a ball" shtick. They forgot they play a high line as well ? He's always looked slow as fuck, to me.

I expect them to have the same sort of season they always have - but marginally worse. Something's badly wrong down there - and I for one, am glad.

They replaced Nasri with Gervinho which isn't a bad trade.

I love how deluded liverpool fans is. I have never come across fans who get carried away as much as you lot. We have played 3 games of the season and you think you have secured top four already.

We have been in shambles the last 2 weeks with alot of injuries and suspensions. We have added 5 more players to our team and the break came at the perfect time as we will get bodies. The team that played against Man u is nowhere near our best 11.

Schezny

Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Song wilshere

Walcott Van persie Gervinho

Only 2 outfield players played who would be starters for us. yes we have started with two defeats and had a shocking result against Man u. but there's 35 games left of the season, so dont get carried away.

Chelsea started last season on fire and I remember after 3 games everyone was saying the gonna walk the league, its already been decided blah blah blah.

Also the last 5 days you have got rid of Aquilani and Mereiles and replaced them with no one. Two good players. Are you telling me they wont be missed at all as they wouldnt add anything? you need a big squad and I just look at your midfield and I really think you are very short there. We have only had 3 games, dont get carried away scousers

I'm not carried away but genuinely think we'll finish above you. Your problem is often the depth of your squad causing you to die away in the second half of the season. And injuries are a problem for you. That Dutch bloke who works for Wales believes that you cause this yourself so likely to happen again this year. If you add an average first half of the season to your usual end of season fading away, then it's not looking too rosy for you.

I think you've been very lucky with the timing of the break allowing you to regroup & with having Swansea as the next game. They'll play passing football against you and you should get a decent win to restore some confidence. However there's a good chance that Blackburn, Bolton & Spurs will set you back on your arses again.

Abs, I'm not really sure you deserve the abuse you get on here, because it is quite clear that you do have genuine mental illness issues.

I think perhaps the fact that you're not from anywhere near North London has ramped up your Arsenal fervour, and coupled with the aforementioned mental illness has created a mania that is more to be pitied, and hopefully treated by some experts.

I worry about you. You post here all the time. You've even been spotted on fucking Bolton websites quacking on about Cahill, to the bemusement of everyone concerned. I don't doubt that you frequent many, many other forums aswell.

Do you ever question this behaviour? Does it seem normal to you? Just look at the state of yourself. You need to accept that something isn't right, and seek help.

Of course, there is the very small chance that you aren't mentally ill - at least as far as modern medicine would describe it - and that leaves us with the equally worrying conclusion that you are the most dismally inadequate fucking spastic in the world.