You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

I don't want to see him on the right, but he might become a decent 'I can do a job' on the right in time. At the moment he is better in the middle, trying to make the team tick. I'd like to see him get more confidence in himself though and for him to try and keep the ball more and do something instead of getting-giving.

I think the thing with early Lucas was that at times he was getting played in front of a full fit and in form Alonso and at other times getting brought on at the wrong time. All obviously not his fault but it got people's backs up. Especially the season when we were going for the league. It also created the nutcases who went round saying he was the best thing since sliced bread when he wasn't.

Henderson hasn't got that problem because none of the centre mids have been firing on all cylinders and although some people will moan, it's not as big of a loss giving Henderson some game time so he can improve over say Adam, Spearing or Lucas compared to giving the early Lucas game time over Alonso, Masch or Gerrard.

I think if you were to compare Henderson and Lucas when you look at both their early periods for Liverpool Henderson has looked the better player. This is obviously when played in Centre Mid, as out wide he was been a complete non-entity.

I don't get why this thread has gone on for 43 pages.

Henderson is a central midfielder. Full stop.

Henderson is not a right midfielder, or right winger. Full stop.

Henderson is not a defensive midfielder. Full stop.

Henderson does not have any 'flair'. Full stop.

Henderson does have good ball control and stamina. Full stop.

Ergo, he's a fucking central midfielder. Full stop.

But he cannot really tackle, which makes him a peculiar one. Full stop.

Carry on.

It's hard now for me to see why Henderson gets a start ahead of the likes of any one of our other midfielders, first team or reserve players. You would never know that he was on the pitch and you'd be hard pressed to know what exactly he has to offer. Sunderland made a killing when they sold him to us. Absolute robbery.

He is rubbish. For a while I thought he might eventually become good, but my grip is loosening on that particular straw.

He is worse than rubbish. He is, quite simply, fucking embarrassingly shite

Just horrifying. I hope he never plays for us ever again. Mind you, it was obvious we'd get beat by sunderland with the team Kenny picked

He is worse than rubbish. He is, quite simply, fucking embarrassingly shite

Just horrifying. I hope he never plays for us ever again. Mind you, it was obvious we'd get beat by sunderland with the team Kenny picked

Are you happy you correctly called this performance today?

Silverlining

Hahahahaha. Look at that. And fuck off

You really a massive fucking prick. Our worst performance of the season yet you manage to take enjoyment from calling it based off the line-up. Its like you would prefer to see a bad performance so you can be proven right.

With the negative contribution you make to every thread you appear in I really cannot understand how Dave has allowed you to remain on as a member. The sooner you are banned the better for the forum.