You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is yor favourite serial killer?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is yor favourite serial killer?

• Zodiac
    • Andrei Chikatilo
    • Jack The Ripper
    • The Yorkshire Ripper
    • Fred West
    • David Berkowitz- Son Of Sam
    • Jeffrey Dahmer
    • John Wayne Gacy
    • Ted Bundy
    • Richard Ramirez - The Night Stalker
    • The Boston Strangler
    • Charles Starkweather
    • Henry Lee Lucas
    • Denis Nilsen
    • Harold Shipman
    • Gilles De Rais
    • Herman Mudgett
    • Ed Gein
    • Pedro Lopez
    • Other

Richard Ramirez, watched documentary, this guy was a latino from LA who just drove round killing people at random in their own homes, at night he would cruise round neighborhoods all over LA with his car lights off and get out and try peoples doors, windows to see if they were unlocked, this went on for about a year before they caught him

Honourable mentions must go the Gary Ridgway aka The Green River Killer

Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early in August 2003, Seattle television news reported that Ridgway had been moved from a maximum security cell at King County Jail to an undisclosed location. Other news reports stated that his lawyers, led by Anthony Savage, were closing a plea bargain that would spare him the death penalty in return for his confession to a number of the Green River murders.

On November 5, 2003, Ridgway entered a guilty plea to 48 charges of aggravated first degree murder as part of a plea bargain, agreed to in June, that would spare him execution in exchange for his cooperation in locating the remains of his victims and providing other details. In his statement accompanying his guilty plea, Ridgway explained that all of his victims had been killed inside King County, Washington, and that he had transported and dumped the remains of the two women near Portland to confuse the police.

Deputy prosecutor Jeffrey Baird noted in court that the deal contained "the names of 41 victims who would not be the subject of State v. Ridgway if it were not for the plea agreement." King County Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng explained his decision to make the deal:

“ We could have gone forward with seven counts, but that is all we could have ever hoped to solve. At the end of that trial, whatever the outcome, there would have been lingering doubts about the rest of these crimes. This agreement was the avenue to the truth. And in the end, the search for the truth is still why we have a criminal justice system ... Gary Ridgway does not deserve our mercy. He does not deserve to live. The mercy provided by today's resolution is directed not at Ridgway, but toward the families who have suffered so much ...[13] ”

On December 18, 2003, King County Superior Court Judge Richard Jones sentenced Ridgway to 48 life sentences with no possibility of parole and one life sentence, to be served consecutively. He was also sentenced to an additional 10 years for tampering with evidence for each of the 48 victims, adding 480 years to his 48 life sentences.

Ridgway led prosecutors to three bodies in 2003. On August 16 of that year, remains of a 16-year-old female found near Enumclaw, Washington, 40 feet from State Route 410, were pronounced as belonging to Pammy Annette Avent, who had been believed to be a victim of the Green River Killer. The remains of Marie Malvar and April Buttram were found in September. On November 23, 2005, The Associated Press reported that a weekend hiker found the skull of one of the 48 women Ridgway admitted murdering in his 2003 plea bargain with King County prosecutors. The skull of Tracy Winston, who was 19 when she disappeared from Northgate Mall on September 12, 1983, was found by a man hiking in a wooded area near Highway 18 near Issaquah, southeast of Seattle.

Ridgway confessed to more confirmed murders than any other American serial killer. Over a period of five months of police and prosecutor interviews, he confessed to 48 murders––42 of which were on the police's list of probable Green River Killer victims.[14] On February 9, 2004, county prosecutors began to release the videotape records of Ridgway's confessions. In one taped interview, he told investigators initially that he was responsible for the deaths of 65 women, but in another taped interview with Reichert on December 31, 2003, Ridgway claimed to have murdered 71 victims and confessed to having had sex with them prior to killing them, a detail which he did not reveal until after his sentencing.[15] In his confession, he acknowledged that he targeted prostitutes because they were "easy to pick up and that he hated most of them."[16] He also confessed that he had sex with his victims' bodies after he murdered them, but claimed he began burying the later victims so that he could resist the urge to commit necrophilia.[17]

Ridgway talked to and tried to make his victims comfortable before he committed the murders. In his own words, "I would talk to her... and get her mind off of the, sex, anything she was nervous about. And think, you know, she thinks, 'Oh, this guy cares'... which I didn't. I just want to, uh, get her in the vehicle and eventually kill her."[18]

Later in a statement Ridgway said that murdering young women was his "career".[19]

Ridgway is incarcerated at Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla, Washington.

William Suff

William Suff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early crimes

In 1974, a Texas jury convicted Suff and his then-wife, Teryl, of beating their two-month-old daughter to death. The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals later reversed Teryl’s conviction but upheld Suff's in Suff v. State (Tex. 1976) 531 S.W.2d 814, finding insufficient evidence to convict her as either the primary actor or a principal in their baby's murder. Though Suff was sentenced to 70 years in a Texas prison, he served only 10 years before his 1984 release on parole.

Murders

He subsequently raped, stabbed, strangled, and sometimes mutilated 12 or more prostitutes in Riverside County, beginning in 1986. On January 9, 1992, Suff was arrested after a routine traffic stop.

Described as a mild-mannered loner, Suff worked as a county stock clerk who allegedly delivered supplies to the task force investigating his killing spree. He liked to impersonate police officers and cooked chili at office picnics. In fact, it was alleged that he used the breast of one of his victims in his chili, which won the "Riverside County Employee Chili Cookoff." He was also working on a book about wild, lethal dogs. He enjoyed vanity plates and was an avid volunteer in the county's car-pooling program.

H.H. Holmes - The book mention by Erik Larson on him is superb by the way.

Herman Webster Mudgett (May 16, 1861[1] – May 7, 1896[2]), better known under the alias of Dr. Henry Howard Holmes, was one of the first documented American serial killers in the modern sense of the term. In Chicago at the time of the 1893 World's Fair, Holmes opened a hotel which he had designed and built for himself specifically with murder in mind, and which was the location of many of his murders. While he confessed to 27 murders, of which nine were confirmed, his actual body count could be as high as 250.[citation needed] He took an unknown number of his victims from the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, which was less than 2 miles away from his "World's Fair" hotel.

The case was notorious in its time and received wide publicity through a series of articles in William Randolph Hearst's newspapers. Interest in Holmes's crimes was revived in 2003 by Erik Larson's The Devil in the White City, a best-selling non-fiction book that juxtaposed an account of the planning and staging of the World's Fair with Holmes's story.

List of serial killers in the United States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of serial killers by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also got to love the ones who never got caught.

Boston Strangler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Bedford Highway Killer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Original Night Stalker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

West Mesa murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also can't recommend this book Highly enough The Monster of Florence: Amazon.co.uk: Douglas Preston, Mario Spezi: Books it is fucking brilliant. I like Douglas Preston as an author anyway, but this is just ace. The ineptness of the Italian police is unbelievable, and the same prosecutor who fucked this up is the one who convicted Amanda Knox. After reading this I am certain she is innocent. Anyway, more on the subject matter :

The Monster of Florence, also known as Il Mostro, is an epithet commonly used for the perpetrator, or the perpetrators, of 16 murders that took place between 1968 and 1985[1] in the province of Florence, Italy. The same gun and pattern was used in all the murders.

Four local men, Stefano Mele, Pietro Pacciani, Mario Vanni and Giancarlo Lotti have been arrested, charged and convicted in relation to the case at different points in time. However, these convictions have been criticized and ridiculed in the media, critics suggest that the real killer or killers have never been identified. Several other suspects were arrested and held in captivity at various points, but they were later released when subsequent murders using the same weapon and methods cast doubt on the guilt of the suspects held in captivity.

Ridgway led prosecutors to three bodies in 2003. On August 16 of that year, remains of a 16-year-old female found near Enumclaw, Washington, 40 feet from State Route 410, were pronounced as belonging to Pammy Annette Avent, who had been believed to be a victim of the Green River Killer. The remains of Marie Malvar and April Buttram were found in September. On November 23, 2005, The Associated Press reported that a weekend hiker found the skull of one of the 48 women Ridgway admitted murdering in his 2003 plea bargain with King County prosecutors. The skull of Tracy Winston, who was 19 when she disappeared from Northgate Mall on September 12, 1983, was found by a man hiking in a wooded area near Highway 18 near Issaquah, southeast of Seattle.

I'd say she probably wanted to die. Sounds like a promise from the wife if i mow the lawn.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mr. Miller, who lives in number 666 in Spaced's neighbourhood. He was a serial killer, but brilliantly disguised it by pretending to be the local vicar. Top lad.

26753-2.jpg

Most prolific.

Most systematic.

Most prolonged killing spree.

Fucked his own mother (allegedly).

Cool beard.

And as a teenager I played with the stethoscope he used during his busiest years, true story.

fuck all that, the real reason to vote for him is that he killed hundreds of mancs.

Guest Jon Snow
This post sums up my theory on Jon Snow - he's thick as fuck.

Yes you are glorifying people who kill people ? Yes you pretend to be upset about the 96 who lost their lives ? Think about the families who lost loved ones to these complete nutters. Then think about the families of the 96 and then just think ? Do you not see something wrong here ?

Humility is something that is quite lacking on these forums. I am sure tho if you met the families of the people who got murdered, they would thank you with open arms. I bet even more if one of the poor families of the 96 who lost their lives met you after reading this thread, they would do the same.

You make a mockery of this club and its fan base and you shame every Liverpool fan with this glorification of murderers. I want no part of it in any respect.

You make me sick.....

Yes you are glorifying people who kill people ? Yes you pretend to be upset about the 96 who lost their lives ? Think about the families who lost loved ones to these complete nutters. Then think about the families of the 96 and then just think ? Do you not see something wrong here ?

Humility is something that is quite lacking on these forums. I am sure tho if you met the families of the people who got murdered, they would thank you with open arms. I bet even more if one of the poor families of the 96 who lost their lives met you after reading this thread, they would do the same.

You make a mockery of this club and its fan base and you shame every Liverpool fan with this glorification of murderers. I want no part of it in any respect.

You make me sick.....

Why comment then?

Guest Jon Snow

Well I felt someone needed to defend the poor souls who was killed.

Maybe let you naive people know that your misguided attempts of humor is sickening and frankly isn't funny in the slightest. If it isn't humor and you are fan boys of killers like this, then you need a whole load of help.

Any ways I meant my statement i want nothing to do with this so this is my last post in here.

Well I felt someone needed to defend the poor souls who was killed.

Maybe let you naive people know that your misguided attempts of humor is sickening and frankly isn't funny in the slightest. If it isn't humor and you are fan boys of killers like this, then you need a whole load of help.

Any ways I meant my statement i want nothing to do with this so this is my last post in here.

Thank Christ for that. Toodles x x x

Because he's a slobbering mong who thinks that he can throw his weight around after being here only a matter of weeks.

Hey Jon, how about you take the needle off your moral compass and shove it up your ass.

Oh yeah I know that, I'd probably add he's a cunt as well just for good measure.

Good job he won't be back on this thread or he might get offended again.

"You'll get arse-fucked by Rose's massive dildo "Cunt-buster" and then murdered.

Night night"

That would be preferable to shagging old Mrs. Wizardsleeve-West.

I liked Bundy's pretend to have a broken arm and get them to help you carry things to the car technique. Also being arrested escaping and then carrying on to kill more people shows a certain dedication.

Where do people stand on killing prostitutes, obviously a classic carried out by many a serial killer, but is it a bit too easy?