You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flanno's Tackle...

scous3r

No he hasn't gone and done a 'Jonjo'!

I'm referring to the article on LFC.TV

Last week Tony Barrett wrote on The Kop about the game and the tackle which made him think John Flanagan would be a star - and you can watch what he's talking about now on LFCTV Online.

The crunching challenge came in a mini-derby last season when Flanno took the ball (and the man who had earlier whacked him with an elbow).

For those without .TV, hear is 'that' tackle (and what a fucking tackle it was)

[YOUTUBE]Ok0pixuJfew[/YOUTUBE]

Think the lad has massive potential, very Carra-esque

Hard and fair; just about perfect. The lad is quality. I sat and watched his debut from The Kop on that side with a perfect view of how his first touch was a volleyed 40 yard cross-field pass and he then proceeded to deal with Balotelli (getting him subbed off), Barry, Milner and someone else (Silva?). He'll be our right back for the next twelve to fifteen years, in my view.

Hard and fair; just about perfect. The lad is quality. I sat and watched his debut from The Kop on that side with a perfect view of how his first touch was a volleyed 40 yard cross-field pass and he then proceeded to deal with Balotelli (getting him subbed off), Barry, Milner and someone else (Silva?). He'll be our right back for the next twelve to fifteen years, in my view.

I agree with the last bit there Paul which makes me feel we should be using Kelly( who I think is a brilliant player) as CB preseason in a couple of games to see how he gets on, if we buy a LB then said player and Robinson and Aurellio has us well covered at LB, Johnson and Flano has us covered at RB, so we should try Kelly at CB and it could save us a fortune

I agree with the last bit there Paul which makes me feel we should be using Kelly( who I think is a brilliant player) as CB preseason in a couple of games to see how he gets on, if we buy a LB then said player and Robinson and Aurellio has us well covered at LB, Johnson and Flano has us covered at RB, so we should try Kelly at CB and it could save us a fortune

Exactly what I was thinking but I think we still need another CB, Agger's made out of paper.

Flanagan has done about 4 more of them first time balls out wide following a corner since he broke into the team.

He's a special player.

Kelly needs to learn to head the ball in the direction he's pointing his head before he'll do well @ CB.

Flanagan, like Robinson, we need to wait and see on because while they are both good defenders we don't know what they can do in offence. Darby suffered from only having 1/2 a game. It won't be such a big deal under Dalglish I suspect, but even so. There's a lot about their game we don't know yet.

No he hasn't gone and done a 'Jonjo'!

I'm referring to the article on LFC.TV

Last week Tony Barrett wrote on The Kop about the game and the tackle which made him think John Flanagan would be a star - and you can watch what he's talking about now on LFCTV Online.

The crunching challenge came in a mini-derby last season when Flanno took the ball (and the man who had earlier whacked him with an elbow).

For those without .TV, hear is 'that' tackle (and what a fucking tackle it was)

[YOUTUBE]Ok0pixuJfew[/YOUTUBE]

Think the lad has massive potential, very Carra-esque

"AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

What is also Carra-esque about him is that way he looked completely comfortable straight away. You get the impression that nothing phases him and he will keep improving for a while yet.

For me Kelly is a fantastic prospect as well though, so that's going to be an interesting dilemma in future.

Long term it could be immense to have all the lads coming through.All the players below will be knocking on the door of the first team and all under 23

_Flanagan___ Kelly____Wisdom____Robinson

___________Henderson___Coady

___________________Suso

?_____________________________Sterling

_________________Carroll

Long term it could be immense to have all the lads coming through.All the players below will be knocking on the door of the first team and all under 23

_Flanagan___ Kelly____Wisdom____Robinson

___________Henderson___Coady

___________________Suso

?_____________________________Sterling

_________________Carroll

Suarez?

You were very adamant last season that Kelly was our right back for the future no matter what!!

I still think he’s got a fair bit of work to do. Guttierez and Downing both gave him a good going over last season, and neither of those are particularly touched by genius. He’s also probably 3rd choice right back at the moment behind Johnson and Kelly.

He’s obviously a promising player, but I wonder how he will see enough games to progress as he needs to.

Guest Jon Snow
I still think he’s got a fair bit of work to do. Guttierez and Downing both gave him a good going over last season, and neither of those are particularly touched by genius. He’s also probably 3rd choice right back at the moment behind Johnson and Kelly.

He’s obviously a promising player, but I wonder how he will see enough games to progress as he needs to.

I think he handled them pretty well due to his age/exp.Yeah he is no world beater yet but he has a better entry level then most right backs I seen for a while.I think he looks better then Cole (yeah I know cole is LB but still a full back) did at this age. He will be prone to mistakes that's just to be expected for a youngster but its the lads bottle that impresses me the most.Easy to think Guttierez had upper hand on him and got him booked could have lost the plot but he didn't and done well.