You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dublin

mick1977

Go down to Cork or up to Donegal instead.

Go down to Cork? like its a simple run on a motorway, feck off, (its not the UK) stick with Dublin town centre and walk around, there arent many places that wont be worth a punt.

If you cant find a place to have a decent wet in Dublin, you need shooting.

And if you wear a Rangers shirt, im sure the locals will oblige :)

A place called Cassidy's, in the centre. Going the races on the sunday

I've stayed there once, it's a grand place for the price, it's a the top of O' Connell street so it's pretty central. Never ever stay there during the winter though, fucking heating pipes kept me awake all night, that ticking noise pipes make when they're settling, drove me insane.

Was there last week and had a scream. We drank loads in the Temple bar area as it was open till 2 on Monday night. Fucking rip off mind 5 Euros plus for a Guinness and I got stung 12 Euros for a double whisky. Cracking time had by all anyway.

We found a pub on the main street on the way to the storehouse in The Liberties area. Rough little place but dead cheap and great fun. Had a right laugh with the locals in there about 3.75 a pint. My advice would be the rougher looking the pub the better it is likely to be. These posh looking tourist pubs are full of pissed up American tourists acting like bellends.

A place called Cassidy's, in the centre. Going the races on the sunday

right, up off Parnell Square, you're a wee walk from Temple Bar,

now, RE: Temple Bar, it is an over-priced shit-hole, and you wont find an irish person next nire near it, BUT, English people love it, its full of pubs, and they do open late, so i suppose the atmosphere is good for you lads.

are you into any particular music ,so i could steer you towards a nightclub to suit, or are you into your standard, get drunk and try and get your rock n roll kinda joint?

if you're into your grub, there's a place Chapter One which is only 100 metres from where you're staying, im not sure if it has a Michelin Star, but i know its been voted best restaurant in Ireland a good few times.

as for pubs, my personal choice would be Camden Street, wexford street, but being honest, if you dont mind getting robbed, just pary yourself in Temple Bar, you'll more than likely love it, as i said, it may be a tourist trap, but i can see the attraction

if you need anything more specific, just ask, ill do my best to give you some info

From the river to Camden Street in ten pubs. (Avoiding Temple Bar tourist traps.)

Mulligans, Poolbeg Street.

To The Palace Bar, Fleet Street.

To The Stag's Head, Dame Lane.

To Grogan's, William Street South.

To Kehoe's, Anne Street South.

To McDaid's, Harry Street.

To The Long Hall, South Great George's Street.

To Whelan's, Wexford Street.

To Anseo, Camden Street.

To The Bleeding Horse, Upper Camden Street.

• Upvote 1

dont go near temple bar it,s a rip off bruxells whealns flannery,s. there are a few cheap bars around paranell strett. you get a pitcher for about a tenner woolshed and the living room pool table,s and juke boxe,s in there have a ball man.just bring a load of dosh.

Bruxelles is a cracking bar, I'd recommend the church bar, I can't remember the exact street it's on, though.

The palace in temple bar is meant to be decent on a Saturday night, I've never been served in it, myself.

People have a go at Scouse girls for loving their fake tan and makeup, but my experience of Dublin girls is that they are 10 times worse. They're so fake and stuck up their own arse.

No luck, then?

*By the way, I generally agree...

I suppose it depends on what part of Dublin you are in. For instance you will not score a bird in Lilly's unless you are wearing expensive clothes, while you could be wearing a Penny's T-shirt and beating the women off in Copper Face Jacks.