You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brad Friedel re-signs to Reds (?)

gkmacca

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't get the Jones hate, was there the same hate for Diego Cavalieri no not a chance, and before people start with he was a better keeper, when did he prove that, he never played a league game for us, cost more was sold for next to nothing to Cesena who then fucked him back to Brazil 5 months later without him making a league appearance.

Friedel would be a decent back up to have for us IMO

I agree, it isn't his fault he's shit. At least he didn't get the opportunity to make numerous fuck ups like Konchesky and cost us games.

Complete waste of a couple of million though.

Cavalieri got grief too. Mainly because he was a Benitez signing.

Jones is completely shit. Not his fault he was signed, though.

Cavalieri got grief cos we bought him for £3.5m when we had no dough and it was a waste.

Jones the same for £2m.

He was declared bankrupt:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853350-brad-friedel-declared-bankrupt-despite-earning-over-40-000-a-week

People probably think that when you slag Insua and Aquilani off every single day.

Insua is shit and I was present for the most inept fullback performances ive ever seen from a professional footballer against Fulham and Fiorentina away last season, and can't get a game for a midtable Turkish team.

Aqualani was the worst signing in this clubs history bought to replace one of the best footballers that many of us had ever seen play for LFC depending on your age, but we were told we were getting a bargain by a man who'd obviously not seen him kick a ball in the previous year if ever and between loss in fee and wages were gona lose near £10m on him, I've seen enough of both players to realise there stinkers, Jones was bought to be a reserve keeper and like the reserve before him thankfully we never had to call on him as Pepe is always fit

Its called insurance

ie Reina got a long term injury we would have a GK that would help us win the title

However considering how many games Pepe has missed its an expensive insurance policy.

Obviously BJ is no longer required

He was never required in the first place. Absolute joke of a signing.

Insua is shit and I was present for the most inept fullback performances ive ever seen from a professional footballer against Fulham and Fiorentina away last season, and can't get a game for a midtable Turkish team.

Aqualani was the worst signing in this clubs history bought to replace one of the best footballers that many of us had ever seen play for LFC depending on your age, but we were told we were getting a bargain by a man who'd obviously not seen him kick a ball in the previous year if ever and between loss in fee and wages were gona lose near £10m on him, I've seen enough of both players to realise there stinkers, Jones was bought to be a reserve keeper and like the reserve before him thankfully we never had to call on him as Pepe is always fit

Hahahah my point is proven. Such a hypocrite.

Hahahah my point is proven. Such a hypocrite.

Do explain, I don't Like insua and Aqualani as there just not good enough to play for us and this has been proven, anybody watching Italian football will tell you that about Aqualani, people had it in for a reserve keeper without him even playing for us because of who bought him, no more no less

Trucker Paddy, the criticism of Jones has nothing to do with him being a Hodgson signing.

I commented a year ago when we signed him that he is a very poor goalkeeper. I've watched him at Boro and always thought he was an accident waiting to happen, and a mate of mine is a Sheff Wed fan who took Jones on loan and he informed me just how comically bad he was before we were even linked with him when we watched Brad have a shocker in an FA cup tie a few years back. I was astounded when he signed, even more so when we paid 2 or 3 million quid for him. If anyone suggests that criticism of him is down to Hodgson then they have clearly never seen him play a run of games.

It isn't a hatred anyway, I've saw him on LFCTV campaigning for his poor lad who has Leukemia I think. He comes accross as a nice guy and I couldn't even begin to think what him and his family are going through, it's heartbreaking. It isn't personal, he just isn't a very good goalkeeper.

Brad on the other hand makes sense. Free transfer, buckets of Premiership experience and knows what the club is about. He's also been one of the best goalkeepers in the division of the past ten years.

Do explain, I don't Like insua and Aqualani as there just not good enough to play for us and this has been proven, anybody watching Italian football will tell you that about Aqualani, people had it in for a reserve keeper without him even playing for us because of who bought him, no more no less

Brad Jones is proven not good enough yet you're complaining about people not liking him!! See the hypocrisy im talking about?

I find it funny that you think slagging off Brad Jones is so wrong while you spend every single day spewing bile about some 22 year old who hasnt played for us in a year and likely never will again!

That is bollocks Paddy.

People didn't want him and were very vocal about it because he was a shit keeper in the fucking championship.

Brad Jones is proven not good enough yet you're complaining about people not liking him!! See the hypocrisy im talking about?

I find it funny that you think slagging off Brad Jones is so wrong while you spend every single day spewing bile about some 22 year old who hasnt played for us in a year and likely never will again!

You brought Insua into the thread not me, and I hope your correct.

We didn't need Jones. It's not his fault that his previous club were happy to accept the fee we offered, and for him looking at it, Liverpool were coming in for him so it was a bit of a no-brainer. I don't rate Jones, but I have no animosity towards him at all. It's not like he's been less than professional and acted the cunt. What he's had to deal with off the pitch with his son's leukaemia shouldn't be wished upon anybody. I'm more than happy for us to cut our losses on Brad Jones, and if he finds a club in London, that will be perfect for him, because of the medical expertise available to his son and the fact he doesn't need to commute. Maybe Fulham might be looking for a replacement for Mark Schwarzer, and his international teammate could fit the bill.

That is bollocks Paddy.

People didn't want him and were very vocal about it because he was a shit keeper in the fucking championship.

He's a reserve keeper, yet in every who to sell thread he got slated, getting in Friedel is a great piece of buisness I agree, but that option wasn't there last summer and we needed an experienced keeper that qualified as homegrown that would be content to sit on the bench as Caleveri was leaving and we only had a couple of kids as reserves.

My original point was and I'm standing by it was Jones got lots of shit yet Caleveri was never mentioned in a negative way and I'm not saying he should have been either, and IMO the main base behind it was Hodgson signed him.

This argument there is a hatred of players signed in the summer simply because Hodgson bought them lacks any credibility what so ever.

Jones - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Cole - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Konchesky - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Poulsen - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Raul - Tidy player - Want him next season

See the way it works? Shit footballers are not wanted. Good ones are.

Kind of makes an ass of your theory Paddy.

This argument there is a hatred of players signed in the summer simply because Hodgson bought them lacks any credibility what so ever.

Jones - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Cole - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Konchesky - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Poulsen - Shit - Isn't wanted here

Raul - Tidy player - Want him next season

See the way it works? Shit footballers are not wanted. Good ones are.

Kind of makes an ass of your theory Paddy.

Ok so maybe we shoulda bought Joe Hart last summer to sit on the bench as a homegrown back up keeper (;

I agree with you on the rest as they were bought for the 1st team, but my point is what did people expect for a reserve keeper.

We've been linked with Keeper coaches like Mimms at Blackburn so we must be after one.

Brad doing both roles would be perfect.

There's no need to drag the past up, lets just say, good move and be happy.

We dont need to over analyse every little thing and re-open old wounds.