Quantcast
Blues/Jazz/Folk Etc Music thread - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Lee909

Blues/Jazz/Folk Etc Music thread

Fine work zigackly. Thread needs some Muddy Waters...

OmbTLK0yPB8

WN-wZ6gdchc

c2GiCKKO390

The king of chicago.

"well, if the river was whiskey

and i was a divin' duck,

well I'd dive to the bottom

never would I come up"

I see your Muddy and raise you a Howlin Wolf

[YOUTUBE]4Ou-6A3MKow[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3UVgH9JqSnQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X70VMrH3yBg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AGUGXOxs6p0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aKo80b-QfK0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QkFOBZRAbMU[/YOUTUBE]

Pure magic:

[YOUTUBE]3kEbeNxIMDo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3JGJXmpKGXY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3j3okb3kuts&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

3 amazing albums...:

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue"

Otis Redding - "Otis Blue"

Marvin Gaye - "Let`s Get it On"

3 amazing albums...:

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue"

Indeed, Kind of Blue is about as close to refined perfection as music came in the 20th century. I'm a trumpet man, but Cannonball Adderley's solo on Freddie makes me wish I'd picked up a sax instead of my horn 15 years ago.

... Then a quick detour and Lee Morgan sets me straight again.

S1GrP6thz-k

(from 3:26 for Morgan's turn)

Indeed, Kind of Blue is about as close to refined perfection as music came in the 20th century. I'm a trumpet man, but Cannonball Adderley's solo on Freddie makes me wish I'd picked up a sax instead of my horn 15 years ago.

... Then a quick detour and Lee Morgan sets me straight again.

S1GrP6thz-k

(from 3:26 for Morgan's turn)

I can see why mate, and kudos to you for having the ear, the stamina, the persistence and the brains to give life to music. My biggest regret in life so far is never taking the time to learn to play the sax. And now, well life has it`s other obligations.

Anyhow...., imagine the jam session they had in those days...

Oh and I thought this one should be in there as well, the number 1 female jazz-vocalist in my opinion..:

[YOUTUBE]tZefnm1bJss[/YOUTUBE]

I can see why mate, and kudos to you for having the ear, the stamina, the persistence and the brains to give life to music. My biggest regret in life so far is never taking the time to learn to play the sax. And now, well life has it`s other obligations.

Anyhow...., imagine the jam session they had in those days...

Oh and I thought this one should be in there as well, the number 1 female jazz-vocalist in my opinion..:

[YOUTUBE]tZefnm1bJss[/YOUTUBE]

Never too late mate. I'm just a casual player, but one of the lads I jam with twice a month probably started playing older than you are now!

If you go in for Billie though, I give you Bessie Smith...

0BsIntS_Io4

hpu14BRmvGA

IDyaEOd6t-w

Cant beat the pair of them,but these are as close as it gets

[YOUTUBE]SBTLPHy_yco[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Osdx8nkXvak[/YOUTUBE]

Some absolutely magnificent music on this thread. Particular thanks to Zig and Lee for their multiple contributions, but all participants sharing great music are appreciated. Personally, as a Blues man, I just love Muddy Waters and Elmore James.

On a side note - how did Purplenose appear as 'guest' on his posts? I've seen it a few times here and there and always mean to ask.

Maybe veering off slightly with this one as I often seem to on the music threads but this seemed the most appropriate place for this as I am listening to it this morning.

Van Morrison and Them with one of the early blues standards. I absofuckinglutley love this version.

[YOUTUBE]d7qNnyF3wtQ[/YOUTUBE]

Some great music on here and I listen to the Blues quite a bit; love the old greats, especially Son House and Leadbelly, but also some of the newer stuff......like Watermelon Slim & The Workers, Derek Trucks Band, Walter Trout Band, Buddy Whittington (played with John Mayall until recently), Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, The Insomniacs.