You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

OK' date=' before I press play, I have two questions.

1) Is this work safe ?

2) This is a video of Simon and not the Proclaimers ?[/quote']

1 - Is is definitely worksafe, but you might need to consider that it might take a while for you to resume your work duties as you recover from the prolonged bout of stunned silence.

2 - You'll just have to watch it!

I didn't know it when he was alive, but my dad was apparently given only a few months. He went 5 or 6 years, the fucking ox that he was. And they were probably the 5 or 6 best years we ever had with him.

That isn't the most amazing bit, though. The most amazing bit was that even up until the day he died I had no idea he had cancer. Not a clue.

Nobody did! He just kept it all to himself, for 6 whole years, so as not to disrupt our lives and so we would always treat him the same way we always had done. Only he and my Mum knew.

For quite a long time I was angry with him for that, but over time it just made me realise what a truly remarkable thing it was that he'd done for the people who loved him, and that's what made him such a remarkable man. I can't even imagine having to go through that alone.

My old man. My only real hero in this life.

Fuck, got tears reading that.

We got The Sopranos on, can't be watching that.

Understand fella. Can't imagine what your going through. I spoke to my Mrs about you earlier Lifetime and she went no worries this is another tenner for lifetime then. We have had a tenner for her cousins wife with terminal cancer, a tenner for her uncle who died from pancreas cancer a tenner for my grandma who had cancer and a tenner for one of the videos that we watched on the guy with two kids with 8 tumours.

• Upvote 1

Bet you see it everywhere you look at the moment....like pregnant women when you've had a miscarriage

Almost lost it with some poor tart in tescos the other day.

The dividers you use for the shopping belts have a barcode on for staff to quickly scan through a donation as you pay for your groceries. Think tesco may be backing this stand up to cancer awareness event.

As I'm trying to pay the girl on the till asks me if I want to make a donation, I tell her yeah and how much. Trouble is each scan is a quid so she's having to swipe it a few times.

I'm really not in the mood for a conversation and she starts with;

That's generous, do you know someone with cancer?

How long ago did they have it?

Were they old?

How long have they been better?

It's amazing the cure for cancer isn't it?

I know it wasn't her fault but Christ it took every ounce of restraint I had not to verbally tear her head off. That or just cry.

Haven't been in this thread before, sorry to hear about your fiance, congrats on the wedding,I know what a bastard this disease is. Lost my mother in law to it abouts 20yrs ago she had it in the breast then the lung then finally it spread to the brain that was awful as she didn't rekconise her own children, it knock my partner for six, couple of years back my dad's 2nd wife died of Liver cancer, Back in August I was told I have an underactive thyroid, also have problem with my liver my autoimmune is screwing with my liver functions I've had blood tests,ultrasound & a CT scan so far as I have a spot on my liver will hopefully know This wednesday coming what it is & what treatmentI'm gonna have, already had one ghoul suggest I might have the big C!!........

Almost lost it with some poor tart in tescos the other day.

The dividers you use for the shopping belts have a barcode on for staff to quickly scan through a donation as you pay for your groceries. Think tesco may be backing this stand up to cancer awareness event.

As I'm trying to pay the girl on the till asks me if I want to make a donation, I tell her yeah and how much. Trouble is each scan is a quid so she's having to swipe it a few times.

I'm really not in the mood for a conversation and she starts with;

That's generous, do you know someone with cancer?

How long ago did they have it?

Were they old?

How long have they been better?

It's amazing the cure for cancer isn't it?

I know it wasn't her fault but Christ it took every ounce of restraint I had not to verbally tear her head off. That or just cry.

While we can dream of a cure for cancer, treating stupidity is altogether another matter.

• Upvote 1

It's not spread to anywhere else we didn't know about.

That was so hard scrolling down to read your post.

That has to be good news, doesnt it? If you dont mind, can you tell us how she is and what the treatment plan is? x

Guest Pistonbroke
3 months of chemo and then rescan. They still won't talk about time scales until she's had the first bout of chemo and see if they can localise/shrink the tumour.

Hope things go well mate.

This time next week you'll be a married man.

That was so hard scrolling down to read your post.

That has to be good news, doesnt it? If you dont mind, can you tell us how she is and what the treatment plan is? x

3 months of chemo and then rescan. They still won't talk about time scales until she's had the first bout of chemo and see if they can localise/shrink the tumour.

Thanks for letting us know. You know we're all rooting for you x

Guest Pistonbroke
And I thought today was about good news...

Think of the Cheese cake, and the booze (no doubt you have some splendid cider lined up?)....and let the good vibes flow through your body.