You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sergio Aguero to Liverpool?

BurtReynolds

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thommo's comments? Done deal? Something on RAWK?

Can anyone elaborate as I can't be trawling RAWK all night looking for a post or two?

and if it's fuck all or a wind up then fair enough. I'm just enjoying idle speculation in general today.

Thommo said that we made an offer of £28m in january, before we signed Suarez. He didn't elaborate on whether Aguero was in addition to Suarez or not. He also said he expects us to spend shed loads in the summer.

In my opinion Thommo is pretty hit and miss, he does get the team line ups spot on 90% of the time but he might just be good at reading between the lines.

Thommo's comments? Done deal? Something on RAWK?

Can anyone elaborate as I can't be trawling RAWK all night looking for a post or two?

and if it's fuck all or a wind up then fair enough. I'm just enjoying idle speculation in general today.

He said that Comolli was in Madrid a lot in Jan, talking to the reps of Llorente & Aguero, and that we bid £28m for Aguero, the offer remaining on the table.

Also said Chelsea & somebody else I forget bid, but those bids have lapsed.

What position do you play him? We've just bought Saurez ... any suggestions?

I assume he would be in a 3 with Luis & Stevie behind Carroll.

----M'Vila---Lucas---

Luis---Stevie--Aguero

------Carroll---------

I would still hope we are looking at a top class winger as well though to cover all options.

It was Aguero, Llorente or Carroll that we went after after Torres said he wanted out. We settled on Carroll for whatever reasons we did. That's how I remember it all anyway.

In saying all that a midfield trio of Gerrard, Lucas and Spearing behind Suarez, Carroll and Aguero would be slightly interesting!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I assume he would be in a 3 with Luis & Stevie behind Carroll.

----M'Vila---Lucas---

Luis---Stevie--Aguero

------Carroll---------

I would still hope we are looking at a top class winger as well though to cover all options.

There's no way we're dropping Raul!

Aguero would fit in just fine in a 4-3-3; 4-1-3-2; 4-2-3-1. If we play 4-4-2 then unless he is one of the two, we might not see the best of him.

He would be a very good signing, but we would also need to buy a wide man or I fear it will all become congested through the middle. A top winger will open it all up.