You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

You see the reason the grammar is all over the place is simple really, they are all local. Being from Walton and Everton they never attended school, too busy sagging, humming Z Cars and being local. Liverpool fans however are all called Crispin or Fenella and we're all privately educated in Surrey. Apart from the Norwegian Red's who obviously are highly educated as they know.

My good friend and fellow Red Archie Tinkles - Smythe takes particular umbridge to any slurs against him not being local. Despite a rather sheltered upbringing in Castle Smythe he did spend one night in Liverpool in his teens. He attended an AGM at Goodison in the late eighties when his father Lord Ponsonby Tinkles -Smythe was a major shareholder. He has since passed away and Archie sold the shares to a local blue, Sly Stallone.

• Upvote 6

Quality blueshite moment before. Took my son swimming before, sat down in the viewing gallery and one of the other dads sits down next to me. He has an iPad and is trying to get the Everton-Bournemouth game on a stream.

I started talking to him about away games and told him I went to Man City. Without asking me what it was like just says "see that thing in the Echo this week, Liverpool fans have got the worst record for football banning orders". I did but just said no but did counter "but didn't Liverpool play about ten games more than Everton anyway because we got to two semi finals?"

Then says "oh aren't Bordeaux bottom of the French league, what happened there?". I just said they were mid table but it's just about grinding results out in Europe.

Checks the stream and they are 2-0 up, "oh if it stays like this youse need to win tomorrow to keep pace with us". Then we had to leave as the lesson was over. I think that IPad screen will be getting fixed on Monday given the late injury time equaliser.

• Upvote 2

Isn't the buy back something like £6.8m? All Barca need to do is whore him out to whoever is willing to spend more than that, buy him back and sell at a profit. A ridiculously low buy back clause, but hey it's Everton.

There's a clause in the contract to the effect that if Barca buy him back he has to remain there for 12 months before he can move to another club. They could sell him but not straight away.

On another note, it's strange that a team containing the new Beckenbauer, the best right back in the league and Jimmy "covers every blade of grass" McCarthy conceded 3 goals against, no disrespect to Bournemouth, a glorified Championship team.

Small time it may be, but for a club that's spent the past three weeks bemoaning its lack of atmosphere, I love seeing pitch invasions and the like.

Couldn't agree less.

It is small time and shitty.  It also contributes to clubs and football authorities seeing the fans as a problem - fuck it, why not bring back fences, if the hooligans can't control themselves?

• Upvote 6