You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

is this the match thread?

not sure how we'll line up today. Gerrard or Spearing seems to be the big debate. I think spearing was excellent v sunderland but how do you leave stevie out if he's fit? I suppose Kuyt could make way. did he play 180 minutes for holland?

----------------------------------Reina----------------------------------

Carra----------------Skrtel-----------------Agger-----------------GI Jo

-------------------Lucas----------------Spearing------------------------

---------------Gerrard------------------------Meireles------------------

------------------------Suarez----------Carroll---------------------------

I can't see Gerrard starting, I think he'll be on the bench. He'll come on for Raul or Carroll. Just a feeling, probably wrong.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind this side

--------------Reina----------------

Carragher - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson

---------Lucas -- Spearing---------

------------Meireles---------------

----Kuyt --- Carroll --- Suarez-----

Im not sure how fit Gerrard is but if he's fully fit then I'd drop spearing or maybe even Lucas to see how it goes, really though I wouldnt start Gerrard just use him as a sub, he never plays too well straight after injury anyway.

I wouldn't mind this side

--------------Reina----------------

Carragher - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson

---------Lucas -- Spearing---------

------------Meireles---------------

----Kuyt --- Carroll --- Suarez-----

Im not sure how fit Gerrard is but if he's fully fit then I'd drop spearing or maybe even Lucas to see how it goes, really though I wouldnt start Gerrard just use him as a sub, he never plays too well straight after injury anyway.

Spot on!

i hate to say it but i think we will be in the wrong end of a managerial; masterpiece today. roy had no chance of succeeding nor would any manager in his shoes.. As he said yesterday he had the liverpool icon Kenny Daglaish breathing down his neck, he had the threat of administration, a distinctly average squad of players handed to him by Rafa. he was depending on a moody spanish twat for goals and after only 2 games another argentinian twat decided he wouldnt play and it took the squad weeks to get over this. his failed spell was more to do with players not pulling their weight and the so called hardcore fans going against him. I was at his last game at ewood and apart from a few honourable fans trying to drown out the idiots with 'liverpool' 'liverpool' it was mainly 'your getting sacked in the morning' and 'hodgson for england' chants from the numbskulls. We keep saying you never walk alone but roy did. he held himself with dignity to the end. never backstabbed or badmouthed the club. he had to deal with the threat of administration and take over. Not easy look at sheffield wednesday and portsmouths results since their administration fears.. new director of football meant he knew he couldn't sign or sell players himself.. as much as i hate to say it we are going to get outwitted today, the way we play leaves us wide open to a classic textbook roy hodgson educated continental couter attacking style of football. they have pace and quality to hurt us on the break with brunt and odemwinge being the 2 i am most worried about. i hope i am wrong. the bottom line is give roy some bloody respect. he had a lot of shite to deal with and was a good manager at fulham. baggies are unbeaten since he took charge for gods sake and they couldnt buy a result in the month or two before he got it.. score prediction 1-0 west brom. i wish i could say otherwise...... thanks for everything roy and putting all you had into the job. ynwa

Unfortunately it turned out as i predicted earlier today. counter attacking football from Hodgson and wba and caught us on the break regularly with odemwinge and brunt indeed being the 2 main reasons we lost coupled with the counterattacking tactics of Hodgson.. as much as its disappointing to lose it is important that people realise that we were too harsh in sacking him and that we should have kept him in the job. he has stopped the rot at west brom and is managing to keep them up despite taking the team in freefall. what i have been saying on this thread has rung through and roy has been vindicated 100%. the result today proves this...

Goodness gwacious, all of a sudden West Bwomwich Albion are only 6 points bewow us.

Woy is not only hanging onto, but now climbing our coat-tails like a fucking bad smell.

Seems like turning 4th-from-the-bottom relegation battles into mid-table "respectability" is going to be his legacy to English football.

It'll also probably ensure he gets to share a quality bottle of post-game french piss with Slur Alex next time he visits OT.

They deserve each other, I suppose.