You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this hatred towards hodgson is unbelievable. he had to deal with one proper out and out striker who is a twat and is sulky and injury prone and was not commited to the cause. he had a great record in fulham and just coz he wasnt a big name appointment he was given no time or chance.. the 'hodgson for england' taunts were embarassing and i wish him all the best in the west brom job apart from saturday that is.. lets show some respect to him..

this hatred towards hodgson is unbelievable. he had to deal with one proper out and out striker who is a twat and is sulky and injury prone and was not commited to the cause. he had a great record in fulham and just coz he wasnt a big name appointment he was given no time or chance.. the 'hodgson for england' taunts were embarassing and i wish him all the best in the west brom job apart from saturday that is.. lets show some respect to him..

Hodgson certainly deserves respect. As a person, perhaps, and as a toiling, unspectacular relegation battler (heaven forbid, even a winning one this weekend). Full stop.

Him and Liverpool, on the other hand, should never be mentioned in the same breath.

By the way, I think it only responsible to retract my invitation to a pint, mypost. You are clearly well under drinking age I suspect.

Most fans will show him respect that's not the issue. The issue is you clearly think Woy should of been given more time when there was someone better waiting in the wings.

Luis Suarez today revealed his desire to help fire Liverpool back into the Champions League sooner rather than later.

With eight games still to play, the striker acknowledges there is still plenty to compete for in 2010-11 as the Reds aim to secure a European qualification berth.

However, Suarez is already setting his sights on leading the club back into the Champions League - a competition in which he firmly believes we belong.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We are now four points off fifth position and we have to try and finish as high as possible to leave a good impression.

"The important thing will be next season.

"Hopefully it will go really well and we'll be able to go into the Champions League because Liverpool are a Champions League club."

Suarez has proven a revelation since arriving at Anfield on January's transfer deadline day.

The Uruguayan has supplied two goals and several assists in his five appearances so far and admits he's enjoying settling into his new life in the city.

Suarez said: "Life is good here. I now have my house and when I go walking through the city, the fans respect me and allow me to have my family time.

"I am really happy at the club and with my teammates, and have been surprised at how good everything has been.

"Liverpool are a club at world level. In the last few games we've really improved and played well. We hope we can continue winning points."

Such has been Suarez's early impact at Liverpool, the 24-year-old was voted as the Standard Chartered Player of the Month for March by fans on this website - despite only making two appearances.

He added: "After only two months the fans have treated me so well and I am really happy.

"You always have this fear that it won't go so well at the start, but the warmth of the people, how much the fans love the club, and the support of my teammates has all really helped."

Author: James Carroll

Tagged: luis suarez , suarez

It's relatively early in the week to be worrying about it, but I am. Perhaps it's just my fatalistic, superstitious, pessimistic, eastern European sense of impending ironic comeuppance. I so don't want to be the cursing gypsy pointing the finger, but I feel a foreboding in my waters already.

Nah, surely it won't happen???

Please, someone weassure me Woy's welegation contenders won't embarrass the shite out us this weekend.

I'll reassure you so. West Brom is 6 points a season, when we're facing them. Expect that record to continue, regardless who is on the other side of the dugout.

I'll reassure you so. West Brom is 6 points a season, when we're facing them. Expect that record to continue, regardless who is on the other side of the dugout.

Mypost, is it really you? Or just another Irish trick of yours after the most recent nom de plume backfired.

If so, I do owe you a pint after all. Name your hostelry? The Eden, Yellow House, Long Halls, Dropping Well or even Croke Park premium level during the All-Irelands (my wife and I plan to be back perhaps around September shortly after our second child is born).

In the meantime, don't be a twat on here please. It gets everyone's back up, including mine.

Hope you're right about WBA this weekend but.

Good try I must say.

Yes it is me. I start my sentences in capital letters.

We'll win. It's West Brom we're playing ffs. As long as I remember playing them, we've won. We even beat them when Roy was here, as shite as we were then.

with capital letters, not in. You obviously didn't go to Trinity.

In the context of everything else that's happened since the turn of the year, I'd rather lose this game in our current universe, than be in some parallel one with Woy still in charge watching us get outplayed to fuck before celebrating a point away at The Hawthorns as a "famous" one.

Of course, in a perfect world I hope we twat them, but shit happens sometimes. As long as the shit doesn't outweigh the good.

meh.ro4633.png

I'll be watching this in the Isle Of Man on my Stag Do weekender.

COME ON YOU REDMEN!

I hope your mates got T-shirts printed bearing the slogan "{insert your name here} - I Love Man 2011". Otherwise it's a missed opportunity. In fact, I hope one of them is reading this right now.

so much for having an opinion, thinking Roy Hodgson is a decent manager who never got a fair crack at the Liverpool job.. I guess i am 'wrong'!

How the hell do you explain Kenny's number of points compared to Hodgson ?

You're not trying to sell me that Roy would have turned it around and made us the most in form side since new year?

i cant believe the hatred towards a man who came in during difficult circumstances with an average squad handed to him by the faltering Rafa and the takeover and administration issues. He should have gotten more time and respect. A man with 36 years experience in football management. I am afraid to say the decision to sack him will come back to haunt us this weekend. He has done a fine job at west brom since he went there and will keep them up,,,

Haha, even if we lose 5-0 I still would not want him within 100 miles of our football club, biggest flop in the history of this football club, thank God he did not get to take us down....

Our biggest achievement this season regardless of where we end in the league was to get rid of him...

thanks Jim MM, i think 'you'll never walk alone' should be honoured ring through and it doesnt seem to at all. hodgson needed time. i am ashamed at the boo boys and treatment given to a real pro of a manager. i am really worried he will make the majority of the fans eat their words saturday! fergie got 4 years to sort out man united and roy only got a few months..

It took Kenny a month or less to sort out the mess that Hodgson had made... Shit manager, best fit for shit teams trying to survive in the big league.....

Its a bad day when Roy doing a good job of trying to keep WBA up is enough reason to suggest he should still be here. When you bring in a manager who plays shit football and has a shit away record, you get shit football and shit away record. It wasnt his fault, he was just a bad appointment.

Shit and more shit - sounds like Hodgson alright....

Hodgson certainly deserves respect. As a person, perhaps, and as a toiling, unspectacular relegation battler (heaven forbid, even a winning one this weekend). Full stop.

Him and Liverpool, on the other hand, should never be mentioned in the same breath.

By the way, I think it only responsible to retract my invitation to a pint, mypost. You are clearly well under drinking age I suspect.

Well put.....

Stag do. Isle of man. You are kidding?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It only really seems even REMOTELY acceptable if it has been arranged as some kind of ironic joke at the expense of the groom, but even then it's a joke that backfires on the entire stag party, because they have to go aswell.

I shall start a thread.