You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Death and your funeral

Lurtz

From about 5.20 onwards. This is how you do it.

[YOUTUBE]soq0gDQtqa0[/YOUTUBE]

I can remember seeing that movie as a kid.I bawled my eyes out during the funeral scenes.

The funeral was ace though,so I intend to watch it again. If the Emma Watson lookalike isn't available I want the Viking number, the free drugs and celebrity deathbed interview combined into a suitable sendoff where I babble shit at the mourners then spontaneously combust to Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

In line with the ill health discussions, the minute I can't play the drums anymore then I think I'll be ready to check out. Not being able to play scares the shit out of me as it's such a big part of my life.

Obviously will feel different if we're lucky to have kids. I'm sure I'll change my view then.

As long as I die before my children I'll be content, that's the only death releated fear I have, I don't think there could be a worst pain in life than losing a child, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Regarding funeral etc, whatever my wife and kids want it'll be them dealing with grief, so whatever helps them even a little bit I'd be content knowing that

I think that sums up my feelings perfectly.

Part of me has the 'i'll be dead, what will i care?' line going on but i have a few firm things such as being buried and where. If i were to have more of a say...

Christian funeral, it's to celebrate life not to be sad in death.

I want to be buried and laid to rest in the same cemetery as my grandparents. I also want a self cleaning head stone. Cleaning my grandparents one is a massive pain in the arse even though it's black slate.

No-one is to wear black. I plan on being an old fart having an active and fulfilling a life as possible so that no-one has any reason to mourn me. It'll just of been my time.

Gerbera's are the flower of choice.

Music, there are a few hymns I love, Amazing Grace goes without saying, it's been played at every single family funeral and As the deer. I expect over the rainbow to be played too any version but my favourite of the last fifteen years or so has been the Israel Kamakawiwoʻole one.

The party afterwards better have some piss taking of the fuck up's i've done and some of the more ace things. I also hope there'll be pictures about to reinforce that despite all the shit, i've actually had a good life and (It's subjective, i know) that i've been a superb parent.

I have no fear of death in the future, the thought of going whilst my kids are still little scares the shit out of me.

I think i've put too much thought into this.

Guest San Don

Nah. So long as its not a slow lingering death or one where Im effectively wasting away over a long time, doesnt bother me.

They can fucking feed me to the worms in a cardboard box after Im gone too. Waste of money expensive funerals. The yanks spend thousands of dollars on a coffin. What for!? WTF's that all about/

Part of me has the 'i'll be dead, what will i care?' line going on but i have a few firm things such as being buried and where. If i were to have more of a say...

Christian funeral, it's to celebrate life not to be sad in death.

I want to be buried and laid to rest in the same cemetery as my grandparents. I also want a self cleaning head stone. Cleaning my grandparents one is a massive pain in the arse even though it's black slate.

No-one is to wear black. I plan on being an old fart having an active and fulfilling a life as possible so that no-one has any reason to mourn me. It'll just of been my time.

Gerbera's are the flower of choice.

Music, there are a few hymns I love, Amazing Grace goes without saying, it's been played at every single family funeral and As the deer. I expect over the rainbow to be played too any version but my favourite of the last fifteen years or so has been the Israel Kamakawiwoʻole one.

The party afterwards better have some piss taking of the fuck up's i've done and some of the more ace things. I also hope there'll be pictures about to reinforce that despite all the shit, i've actually had a good life and (It's subjective, i know) that i've been a superb parent.

I have no fear of death in the future, the thought of going whilst my kids are still little scares the shit out of me.

I think i've put too much thought into this.

Can I stand in the pulpit and tell the fart story? (If you go first, of course.)

For years I've maintained that, as an exercise in ... I don't know, a peculiar combination of introspection, mentally addressing mortality and exercising control over your own future ... That each person should seriously consider and decide on their own epitaph, tombstone inscription or commemorative t-shirt, whatever you'll leave as a concise memorial of your own life. It was partly inspired by a number of artists I admire who answered that question at some point in their own lives, and I liked the idea so much I did it myself.

Not much fan of funerals or such, I'm more the burning type, but I do want a plaque nailed up somewhere that reads: "Here lies a horrible example of free thought."

If I die over here they have an open coffin thing that is common. The first funeral I went to here I was with my little lad and we were going through the line to pass on our condolences etc. when all of a sudden he legged it up to the front. He was hanging over the edge of the coffin looking in. Culturally it was a very strange experience, but at the time it seemed very natural and normal.

I would want a funeral in a church. Good music, good stories, and a celebration of life. I would hope for a short sermon that would also bring words of comfort and hope.

Unfortunately we don't decide when we die, but in the natural order of things I am like everyone else. I hope to see my kids grown, happy, and with their own families before I go.

This may sound odd but, whenever i think about dying or my funeral i always hear the same song.

I'm just fucking weird! I am aware of this. But i thought id share it with you.

I'm not scared of dying, but it does worry me about my family and things. Try not to think about it if i'm honest.

Anyway heres my song. Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]6E2hYDIFDIU[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Pistonbroke

I've never been frightened of death although if it was going to be a painful exit it would probably change my mind. I'd just like to pop off in my sleep after having a good old drinking session and some good sex. I'd rather die after my kids have all reached adulthood and preferably before any of them or the missus. Not really arsed about what happens when i've gone, burn me, bury me, shove me in a wheelie bin for all i care. I want "Nothing else matters" and "When i'm dead and gone" played and for everyone to give money to the missus/kids/charity rather than waste it on shite wreaths etc.