You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Torres poll

1892-LFCWasBorn

What to do with Nando?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Nando?

• Sell him asap. He is dead to me.
    • Do anything and everything to convince him to stay.

Would love him to stay. But its too late. Hes burned his bridges. Had he waited till the summer. Not a problem I would have understood 100% after the way this club has been run over the last 2 years.

But asking to go now with 2/3 days left and we're looking on the up. Unforgivable.

totally agree with that

also i think most of us knew that this day would come eventually.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell him now and move on. Not trying in games is unforgivable - and that's what Nando has done too often this season. We are mourning the 2008 version, not the present version of the player.

If we wait until the summer, we will have a sulking player on our hands, and we will be in limbo. The rebuilding has to start now - Nando is the past. We'll be fine

I asked about his effort and performance levels in the torres thread and the responses were a mixed bag. I guess those on the side of the debate that he was not trying and not putting his body on the line were right. I would not be amazed to see the missing yard of pace suddenly emerge again if he were to sign for the Mafia rent boys. This is beyond forgiveness for me. I suggest we tell him that he is not for sale and then let him rot. He goes on our terms but he does go and not the the rent boys. Growing a set of bollocks is a must. Also whatever Kenny decides is right is good enough for me. If he pushes him out of the door no problem. If he plays him then no problem.

To be honest it could have been either answer...not sure how I feel. I understand his frustration at how slowly things are moving BUT things are finally picking up, King Kenny is back...Maybe he thinks that Kenny is only there until the end of the season and then its another new manager, yet more delays etc.

The timing is what annoys me - end of season sit down and ask "who will be the manager ?" "How much are you going to spend on players ? " etc but not now when we could go on a run and climb the table. And if we get 40- 60 million for him (depending which paper you read) its no use to us just now - no time to sign anyone. At least if he wants to go it should be at the end of the season so we have time to use the money to build a better team.

Part of me says "Fuck him ! Sell him for the maximum we can get and I hope we pip Chelski to a Top 4 place" but then I think of the good times and I would like to see him in a good Liverpool team winning things with Kenny.

If there is a clause saying he can go for £50 million in the summer if we don't qualify for the CL then we don't have that much control. The best we can hope for is to get top dollar now or wait until the summer and try and instigate an auction.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He couldn't just approach the owners behind the scenes and tell them that he wants to go? Fucking embarrassing this is. If you don't want to be here, after all the shit you've said, then fuck off out of it. We'll get somebody else in and fuck Chelsea over. Join the ranks of those that left and then watched as we succeeded.

Guest davelfc

If he doesn't want to stay then what's the point of keeping him. Give us the £50m and let's have a player who at least wants to play and is proud of the shirt.

Torres has disappointed me, but at least he's going to a club where he will now fit in perfectly. They both have no class.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfill my deals."

"Now I feel Liverpool is my English club, the way Atletico is my Spanish club. I would not like to play for another English or Spanish club. This feeling is very important to me."

the scenario I favour is this: we extract as much money out of Chelsea as we can and immediately re-invest that money on some quality players before the end of the window; then, Torres sustains a career-threatening injury coming out of the tunnel for Chelsea in the game against us and a little while later he gives a harrowing interview about how he is forever haunted by images of selling his soul to the devil/having john terry jump on his back.

The problem with selling a player like him for big money is that every other club knows you

a - need a replacement

b - have the money to get one

so they automatically inflate the market to try and price you out (unless you're Man City). The Mancs had exactly the same problem after they sold Ronaldo, and it's part of the reason they keep coming out with the "no value in the market" mantra. To be honest the only way round it is to either do swap deals so little to no money changes hands, or get replacements in before the big sale. Both options are extremely difficult, so it's become more apparent how much of a blinder Inter played when they did the Ibrahimovic deal for £40m plus Eto'o.

Anyone know why this has suddenly become a situation?

Not too long ago, he was stating that he intended to see out his contract, and that he is signed until 2013 blah blah blah, yet all of a sudden he wants to move to the chavs with a hand written transfer request!

Someone been knocking his mrs? bust up in the dressing room? I mean whats gone on in the last few weeks to make this appear?

And before you all say, he was given assurances that we would do this that and the other, and we didnt follow through with them, that was under the last lot, and so far the promises made by the new owners, have come through, albeit not in such a high degree as most would want, so its not that.

If it is a simple case of he has had his head turned, then its greed pure and simple, so fuck him and the donkey he rode in on.

There has to be something bigger than just wanting to play in europe or wages to this, I will go with a sex triangle scandal myself.

He couldn't just approach the owners behind the scenes and tell them that he wants to go? Fucking embarrassing this is. If you don't want to be here, after all the shit you've said, then fuck off out of it. We'll get somebody else in and fuck Chelsea over. Join the ranks of those that left and then watched as we succeeded.

I pretty sure he's already done that. Imho, news like this is pretty much impossible to keep out of the public. Whether it's Gerrard, Rooney or Torres, news of this magnitude usually finds its way out.

As for watching us succeed; I think we're a fair bit away from succeeding. Which is exactly why Torres has lost his patience. I don't think the likes of Alonso and Mascherano are watching our current exploits with envy, and I doubt they will in the foreseeable future. I doubt Torres will either, wherever he ends up in the summer.

Anyone know why this has suddenly become a situation?

Not too long ago, he was stating that he intended to see out his contract, and that he is signed until 2013 blah blah blah, yet all of a sudden he wants to move to the chavs with a hand written transfer request!

Someone been knocking his mrs? bust up in the dressing room? I mean whats gone on in the last few weeks to make this appear?

And before you all say, he was given assurances that we would do this that and the other, and we didnt follow through with them, that was under the last lot, and so far the promises made by the new owners, have come through, albeit not in such a high degree as most would want, so its not that.

If it is a simple case of he has had his head turned, then its greed pure and simple, so fuck him and the donkey he rode in on.

There has to be something bigger than just wanting to play in europe or wages to this, I will go with a sex triangle scandal myself.

It's about winning. Fernando Torres came to LFC with an ambition to win the big trophies. Unfortunately our club has been unable to do that. We're not even competing at the moment.

I've read claims he's fallen out with Gerrard and Carra, but I have no idea if it's true.

Let's be fair, he's been rubbish this season. We've blamed everything from Hodgson to the World Cup, but I guess the reality is now dawning on most of us. There are 2 key questions for me:

The first question is trivial - has anything happened in the last few weeks to trigger this? Could it be related to KK taking over?

The second, more important question - how do the club want to respond to this? The way they respond will set perceptions amongst the fans, other clubs and the press over the next few years. If we refuse to sell, especially if we manage to capture a few additional players over the next few days, it will send a very strong message 'we don't need the money, and we are not prepared to be treated in this way'.

Torres then has two choices, one of which involves him apologising to the fans, teammates and manager before returning to the sort of form we haven't seen this year in order to secure a place in the team, and the other means him training with the kids until the summer.

It's about winning. Fernando Torres came to LFC with an ambition to win the big trophies. Unfortunately our club has been unable to do that. We're not even competing at the moment.

I've read claims he's fallen out with Gerrard and Carra, but I have no idea if it's true.

Congratulations - i was waiting for someone to start blaming the local lads. Just repeating claims like that gives them oxygen. And if he HAS fallen out with them, maybe it's because they're fed up with his attitude?

I've got nothing against him wanting to leave to further his career and he'll get no abuse from me. After all, Suarez is coming TO us because he wants to further his career. But if you can't see that this has been planned like a military operation by Bahia and Abramovich, and instead want to further the vile agenda against Stevie and Carra that's been pedalled on here for the past 18 months, then you really are brainless.