You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

StevieH

Was Rangnick with hoffenhiem from the start when they were in the lower leagues? or has he been brought in recently? i read an article in 442 bout 3 years back they were saying then that hoffenhiem were building a young squad to challenge for years to come they wouldn't blow money(because they have a fair bit of it)on "over the hill" big names just because they can the manager whoever at the time had brought in alot of 19-21 year olds who were setting the german league alight at the time,kind if fits around what fsg wanted for us (not sure if Rangnick was in charge then though).

Rangnick joined in 2006.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it was him then.

Still theres a big difference between Hoffenhiem and Liverpool its weather he can step up the extra level,like his way of thinking though never pass back and press high up the field.

They get rain in Germany too don't they?

The more I read about him, the more I like him. Sounds like a nutter though and probably won't work with a director of football

Another of Sacchi's students. I liked the last one too

I think majority of teams in Germany work with DoF.

Just unsure how he would handle a big team and big team players.As someone else said he could be next Wenger or Gross.

They get rain in Germany too don't they?

yep! typing to quick i think

Rangnick though seems to have had more success in lower leagues or only in short bursts at the top level(does well at the start and seems to struggle after 1st season-until Hoffenhiem that is quite steady with them).

A few of the articles that I have read refer to him as the Professor.

Wow. Back then I was in Uni and couldn't afford to pay for cable so had this weird foreign channel on TV that showed only Bundesliga highlights. Think Schalke had just built their new stadium at that time. There was a lot of buzz about Schalke and were doing relatively well- don't exactly remember the details but Ailton was playing for them I think. He was the focus of attention as he was a little special but remember him leaving after the first year due to poor results or something- not sure of this. I was able to get a job after that and was able to pay for TV so did not bother watching Bundesliga again. Never remembered his name but remember his nick name.

Edited by 18-5

Has he been named in any articles? They seem surprisingly short odds for someone who's barely known on these shores.

Or is ITK Twitter stuff again?

Think its more a case of coincidence he quits as the story breaks that Hodgson might be on his way out and the bookies dont want to be caught out by it so they offer short odds,if nothing happens over next few days his odds will go out again.

Has he been named in any articles? They seem surprisingly short odds for someone who's barely known on these shores.

It is from Tor-Kristian Karlsen who is journo ...on twitter. he just said he is a candidate so means fuck all really

honigstein raphael honigstein

talented, definitely, but yet to do it on the big stage. imo, Liverpool would come too early for him.

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

raphael honigstein

he fell out with his DoF over transfers last year and now with the club boss over the sale of a player.

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

raphael honigstein

The case against him: questionable man-management skills, doesn't deal well with criticism and an unpleasant self-righteous streak.

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

raphael honigstein

He's a technocrat with a good eye for players and a very clear game-plan modeled on Sacchi/Lobanovski/Wenger ideas

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

raphael honigstein

many questions about Ralf Rangnick to Liverpool. Here are my thoughts:

Sounds to much like Benitez, not sure about him now.

I would trust quite a few twitter sources much more than most british journalists when it comes to Comollis network.

Sounds like it was him then.

Still theres a big difference between Hoffenhiem and Liverpool its weather he can step up the extra level,like his way of thinking though never pass back and press high up the field.

I watched bayern v schalke a while back that could have easily been mistaken for a premier league game. If that was anything to go by then the prem and bundesliga are very similar.

I'd love to see an appointment like this. bit of a punt but he has some credentials, someone that makes me go "in-teresting" and stroke my chin.

I watched bayern v schalke a while back that could have easily been mistaken for a premier league game. If that was anything to go by then the prem and bundesliga are very similar.

I'd love to see an appointment like this. bit of a punt but he has some credentials, someone that makes me go "in-teresting" and stroke my chin.

Or rubbing your face!

I think majority of teams in Germany work with DoF.

Just unsure how he would handle a big team and big team players.As someone else said he could be next Wenger or Gross.

He joined Hoffenheim although in a lower league because they offered him total control. He resigned because the club sold a player he didn't want sold

Follows Sacchi's philosophy, plays with his team pressing high up the field, absolutely hates to lose, wants total control over the club and players.

Sounds more like Rafa than Wenger or Gross to me