You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what? Torres is injured?

Torres picked up a knock against Stoke, so it depends on how he responds after playing 45 min yesterday.

The major doubts/already ruled out are...

Torres

Gerrard

Johnson

Cole

Agger

Skrtel

Wilson

Kuyt.

If all are out It will be interesting to see how we line up, I guess Roy would pick something like..

Reina

Kelly

Carra

Kyrgiakos

Konchesky

Spearing

Poulsen

Schelvey

Jovanovic

Meireles

N`Gog

If that is the team, we will be in big trouble. Hopefully Torres and/or Kuyt will be available.

I'd like to see:

-------------------Reina-------------------

Kelly-----Carragher------Skrtel-------Aurelio

Johnson----Shelvey----Meireles--------Cole

--------------Ngog------Torres-------------

Johnson and Cole are still injured, LFD. Torres is a doubt, and Spain/England can go fuck themselves for risking our key players.

Oh right.

Well if Torres doesn't play, I still fancy Ngog to finish any chances - the problem is with no Cole or Gerrard, I'm not sure we have anyone to supply the striker who plays.

In hindsight maybe I would play Soto - I don't think we need his ability in the air defensively against West Ham, however he might be our biggest threat and most likely scorer at corners.

Might be worth a cheeky bet on him being first scorer.