You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As an aside, Martin Broughton certainly thinks player power had a lot to do with Rafa going. But I think that is the case at most clubs and doesn't for one second mean Carra waged some campaign to get him out.

What makes you say that?

I actually think the idea that a single player went off on some vendetta to get rid of the manager is a bit absurd.

Likewise. Machiavellian masterminds these guys are not. Used, abused, confused, enthused, schmoozed and rused by people with agendas. Absolutely.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is 'wholly' possible though. It's wether you have any proof to back it up though.

How would anyone have any proof Ant and if they did, why would it be released into the public domain?

Consider the following:

1) Carra's family have been quoted by many people as being strongly and vocally anti Rafa at games. Either they came to this impression with no input from Jamie, or they came to this impression with input from Jamie. Which do you feel is more likely?

2) Carra co-wrote his autobiography with Chris Bascombe. Chris Bascombe was extremely critical of Rafa in the press last season, particularly with regards to his relationship with the players. Bascombe may have made these stories up, or got it from another player. Or he may have got it from Carra.

3) Carra leaked an anecdote about a personal meeting with Rafa Benitez to the owner of a prominent Liverpool message board. He may have done this in passing, or he may have done this knowing full well that it would end up in the public domain and reflect badly on Rafa.

Not of these are "cast iron proof", but they are all highly co-incidental and if he actually was involved are all blatant attempts to undermine the previous manager.

This is that worst, most speculative hyperbole that TheResonator was talking about.

Anything is 'wholly' possible though. It's wether you have any proof to back it up though.

When has that ever stopped you or anyone else (whatever 'side' they're on) in the past?

It's a bit fucking rich seeing people who were willing to buy into any old rumour last season and not once ask for evidence now demand it, likewise those demanding evidence last year and believing anything this.

The people to blame in all of this are those who used these players names to justify their rumours/opinions last season.

Edited by Cardie

When has that ever stopped you or anyone else (whatever 'side' they're on) in the past?

It's a bit fucking rich seeing people who were willing to buy into any old rumour last season and not once ask for evidence now demand it, likewise those demanding evidence last year and believing anything this.

The people to blame in all of this are those who used these players names to justify their rumours/opinions last season.

And yet YOU'RE the one who wrote on here last night about calling Carra "to account".

Account for what, precisely? And account to whom?

Couldn't care less what Carragher has said and to who, if he wants to call somebody a prick he can but lots of people were more than willing to use his name last season (whether it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information) to justify various rumours. Now because people are calling him to account suddenly that's not true?

Maybe those blaming carragher for everything should be blaming people on different forums for trading off carra's name instead.

Never mind found it, and it turns out I didn't call Him to account I was talking about other people bases on people trading on his, and other peoples names to justify their rumours.

Originally Posted by Best Believe It

The thread title is like a Harry Potter book.

A long time ago in a land far away lived a boy called Jamie. On the outside there were no distinguishing scars which marked this boy as special but little did ordinary people know his entire life had been plaqued by the dark evil simply known as 'the tits'...

A long time ago in a land far away lived a boy called Jamie. On the outside there were no distinguishing scars which marked this boy as special but little did ordinary people know his entire life had been plaqued by the dark evil simply known as 'the tits'...

after exhaustive internet research I have found an image of "the tits" in question

they can be viewed on the GF tit thread

Guest ShoePiss
A better reason? A better reason than the idea that the supporters of Liverpool football club dislike the native people of Liverpool? Jesus Christ. How could find a fucking worse one?

The worst, most speculative hyperbole surrounding Carragher and Rafa, Carragher and Bascombe etc. carries more weight than your hypothesis.

I don't agree with antywa's thoughts on this particular part of the Carra thing but those supporters do exist, more so these days.

I think RTK went some way to accentuate the locals thing which marginalised the out of towners. We've always celebrated everything local quite rightly, no one else was going to but I think the divide they created and the fervor of it seems to have brought the issue to the surface much more frequently than I can ever remember.

Its always been there and it always will be there though.

Its a debate which is needed if you ask me but its like immigration and other topics, its an emotive one and people kick off.

I've got nothing against people from out of Liverpool supporting us and going the games its the ones who dont even go the game who comment like they're the all seeing eye and daytrippers who are clueless which affects the atmosphere and takes seats off people.

Sadly thats football now, most clubs would prefer 40,000 day trippers than 40,000 locals who just walk to and from the game and spend next to no money.

RTK was for me more about getting people together to sing together to get the atmosphere going again.

We do feel marginalised as locals at times and we're entitled to say it, I just wish NESV would listen.

Guest ShoePiss

Its a debate which is needed if you ask me but its like immigration and other topics, its an emotive one and people kick off.

I've got nothing against people from out of Liverpool supporting us and going the games its the ones who dont even go the game who comment like they're the all seeing eye and daytrippers who are clueless which affects the atmosphere and takes seats off people.

Sadly thats football now, most clubs would prefer 40,000 day trippers than 40,000 locals who just walk to and from the game and spend next to no money.

RTK was for me more about getting people together to sing together to get the atmosphere going again.

We do feel marginalised as locals at times and we're entitled to say it, I just wish NESV would listen.

Yes it's always been there, my point was looking at when things changed because I believe they have. I see RTK as a key point in time for that.

It would have been perfect if they'd have delivered that message without all the other crap but they didn't. I also blame them for SOS not being as successful as they should have been, in the early days the RTK people were very much at the front of things SOS and going about it in the same confrontational way which put a lot of people off.

We'll be back on the ticket office not picking up the phone to people with a Liverpool phone code next.

In reality it is the businesses around the stadium that prefer that, they are the ones seeing a difference in revenue - 40k is the same to the club either way.

In reality it is the businesses around the stadium that prefer that, they are the ones seeing a difference in revenue - 40k is the same to the club either way.

Its not though. The club love it because daytrippers buy stuff at the ground, shirts for friends, programmes, loads of stuff, merch in general.

People like me, walk there and back and i might spend £3 on a programme and thats it.

We'll be back on the ticket office not picking up the phone to people with a Liverpool phone code next.

Way to add to the debate there Cardie.

Guest ShoePiss

No it's not, a season ticket holder or regular match goer isn't going to be going into the club shop buying useless tat every home game. A first time visitor or an occasional tripper from overseas certainly will.

You've got it completely arse about face.

Its not though. The club love it because daytrippers buy stuff at the ground, shirts for friends, programmes, loads of stuff, merch in general.

People like me, walk there and back and i might spend £3 on a programme and thats it.

But they are also in the pubs before and after and may stay overnight, certainly grab a bite, gas the car etc.

No it's not, a season ticket holder or regular match goer isn't going to be going into the club shop buying useless tat every home game. A first time visitor or an occasional tripper from overseas certainly will.

You've got it completely arse about face.

see above - agree they are more likely to be spending

Sorry but that's been used as an argument in the past alongside the club filtering postal apps with a Liverpool postcode.

You assume that day-trippers are exclusively from out of town yet there's no evidence to suggest that's the case. I'd agree they spend more on a matchday but they certainly aren't location specific.